Date: 5/2/24 7:27 pm
From: '<bikenbird...>' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] ***NH Audubon Seacoast Chapter Wednesday May 8, 2024 7:30 pm Program – Conserving "Our Birds" South of the Border ***

New HampshireAudubon Seacoast Chapter

 Please note thefollowing:

* Check thechapter website (http://www.seacoastchapter.org/programs) for any changes thatmay impact the in person program.

* There will berefreshments from 7-7:30 pm.  Feel freeto bring in refreshments for others to enjoy at the program. Thank you!

Wednesday May 8,2024 7:30 pm Program – Conserving "Our Birds" South of the Border

   "3 billion birds gone" headlined areport in 2019. What more do we know, what can we do? As a "Director ofBird Conservation" since the 1980s, it is program speaker ScottHecker's job to know and to do. As Scott’s colleague Fitz once said, it'snot Rocket Science, it's more complicated, but it's not too late and every birdand every acre matters. You will hear about species you love and people on thefront lines of bird conservation in Latin America and beyond who also love"their birds". New tracking technologies and community engagement aremaking great strides. Scott hopes you will come to hear how simple it is tomake a difference.

   Bio: Back around 1990, I spoke for theSeacoast Chapter about conserving tropical habitat in Belize for "ourbirds". I completed my MS degree in Belize in 1987, then established theCoastal Waterbird Program at Mass Audubon that same year to conserve threatenedand endangered Piping Plovers and Roseate Terns. In 2003, I expanded thoseefforts as Director of Coastal Bird Conservation for the National Audubon Society.In 2008, I co-founded Conservian to focus more work on Piping Plovers in theBahamas. Since 2016, I have worked for the International Conservation Fund ofCanada (ICFC} and ICF US supporting bird conservationists on the front lines in36 countries.

   All are welcome to attend our Wednesday May8, 2024 program which is free of charge at the Seacoast Science Center(wheelchair accessible), Odiorne Point State Park, 570 Ocean Boulevard, Rye NH(click here for Google maps, Seacoast Science Center) There will berefreshments starting at 7 pm. Meetings begin at 7:30 pm. Entrance doors willbe locked at 7:45 pm. Cancellations will be announced onhttp://www.seacoastchapter.org/programs and this Google group.

   Thank You! Dunkin’ of 802 Lafayette Rd,Portsmouth, NH (603) 436-9717 donates hot coffee and more for our programs.When you visit the location mention a thank you!

      Al Stewart, Jr.