Date: 4/26/24 4:45 pm
From: meredith <meredithmcburney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Chatfield Banding Station, 4/26/24
We only caught 5 new birds today, but we recaptured 8 birds that had
already been caught this season, so the early morning DFO trip, led by
Charlie Chase, got to see up close a variety of birds, including year round
residents (Black-capped Chickadee, Song Sparrow, Bushtit), possible summer
breeders (Common Yellowthroat), winter resident (Gambel's White-crowned
Sparrow), and migrants passing through (Orange-crowned Warbler, Lincoln's
Sparrow).

The 5 new birds were:

Black-capped Chickadee 1, banded 2022
Bushtit 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Song Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow, Gambel's 1

We are banding Tuesday through Sunday (closed Mondays) through May 31,
weather permitting (which means we may be closed tomorrow/Saturday). You
can register to visit on the weekends through the Denver Audubon website.
<https://denveraudubon.org/events/> (The first couple of weekends are sold
out, so sign up now if you are interested!)

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Chatfield Banding Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<cfcffeec-d7c6-48c4-9519-03ab63e4465dn...>