Date: 4/26/24 2:08 pm
From: Colin Woolley <colin.woolley...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy of the Rockies, Pineridge Banding Station, 4/25 and 4/26
We set up nets at Pineridge Natural Area in on the north end of Dixon
Reservoir (Fort Collins, Larimer County) just yesterday, and got in a few
hours of banding. Today we opened nets just prior to sunrise and continued
for about 4 hours before the wind picked up and shut us down a bit early.
Across these two days of just a partial effort, we banded 36 birds of 10
species. We've had good numbers of Yellow-rumped Warblers moving through,
along with a few Orange-crowned Warblers mixed in, but no other warblers
thus far. Here's the summary for April 25th and 26th combined.

Red-shafted Flicker - 1
European Starling - 2
American Robin - 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 12 (5 Myrtle, 5 Audubon's, 2 intermediate)
Orange-crowned Warbler - 2
American Goldfinch - 9
Spotted Towhee - 1
Lincoln's Sparrow - 3
White-crowned Sparrow (Gambel's) - 1
Red-winged Blackbird - 2

We are anticipating being closed tomorrow (April 27th) due to the forecast
for heavy rain. Our lead bander this spring season is Camille, keep an eye
out for her reports next week!

This banding station will be operating Tuesday through Saturday until May
30th, weather and trail conditions
<https://www.fcgov.com/naturalareas/status> permitting. Visitors are
welcome and can register here
<https://campscui.active.com/orgs/BirdConservancyoftheRockies?orglink=camps-registration&e4q=d77ebffd-4faa-4696-999f-dd577eeedb11&e4p=d9e96199-9593-4e49-89ee-4b9ebb989e2b&e4ts=1714165299&e4c=active&e4e=snlvcmpscui00001load&e4rt=Safetynet&e4h=80e7f119e4d1a8966e753a78255fcc7b#/selectSessions/3481031>.
Park at the Maxwell Natural Area parking lot and walk south along the trail
towards Dixon Reservoir, and you will see our table and awning on the
hillside to the left of the access trail. Come visit!

Colin Woolley
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/<fee8eaec-0d72-4023-b0f1-38d6c10a797fn...>

Join us on Facebook!