Date: 4/19/24 2:41 pm
From: Zac Denning via groups.io <zdenning1...>
Subject: Re: [EBB-Sightings] Inspiration Point - High MacG Warbler count & more
P.S. Dominick Mosur helpfully informed me that April 18th would be well
before the earliest documented egg-laying date for MacGillivray's Warblers,
so my assumption that this was a food carry (to feed nestlings) was
probably hasty. This male (a first year bird I believe) was singing while
moving around with the caterpillar in his bill. Perhaps just a meal for
later. I wasn't able to find info on whether food might be used by this
species in attracting a mate or pair bonding.