Date: 4/1/24 9:46 am
From: teustis killingworthlibrary.org via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: April welcome
Hi, Nancy!

The orioles usually arrive in our yard in Chester during the last week of April and/or first week of May.

A good way to know if they're around is to listen for their sounds - you can sample clips here:https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Baltimore_Oriole/sounds - I usually wait until I hear the orioles in our neighborhood before putting out oranges, so the fruit doesn't go unused. (Although other birds, like red-bellied woodpeckers, also appreciate them.)

πŸ™‚

Tammy Eustis, Chester