GABO-L
Received From Subject
6/19/19 11:32 am Carol Lambert and/or Jeff Sewell <lambertsewell...> [GABO-L] White Ibis at Stone Mountain Park, DeKalb County, 6/19/19
6/17/19 11:02 am robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 16 Jun 19
6/15/19 3:19 am Harriet Langford <harriet46...> [GABO-L] Butler Island, McIntosh Co
6/14/19 3:26 pm robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 14 Jun 19
6/13/19 5:38 pm Marlene Koslowsky <000006d228557fef-dmarc-request...> [GABO-L] MIKI eBird report
6/13/19 5:37 pm Marlene Koslowsky <000006d228557fef-dmarc-request...> [GABO-L] Mississippi Kites Continue
6/10/19 10:49 am robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 9 Jun 19
6/7/19 5:36 am robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 6 Jun 19
6/5/19 12:07 pm robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 4 Jun 19
6/3/19 9:08 am robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 2 Jun 19
6/2/19 3:04 pm Angie Jenkins <angeliabeth...> [GABO-L] AAS Bird Walk Trip Report Noonday Creek Trail / Cobb Co
6/2/19 8:53 am Barlow, Stephen <stephen.barlow...> [GABO-L] Connecticut Warbler
6/1/19 7:05 pm Ann Stewart <annhstewart...> [GABO-L] scissor tailed flycatchers- Bartow Co
6/1/19 6:27 pm Pam Potter <ppotter...> [GABO-L] Great Crested Flycatcher, yellow-breasted chat Bartow Co
5/31/19 8:21 am robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 30 May 19
5/29/19 10:19 am robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert
5/27/19 9:56 am robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 26 May 19
5/24/19 6:15 pm robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 23 May 19
5/24/19 9:03 am Moss, JohnPatten <JohnPatten.Moss...> [GABO-L] Birder Survey
5/23/19 5:29 am Joshua Spence <spencejoshua...> [GABO-L] Connecticut Warbler ~ Murray County
5/22/19 7:18 am robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 21 May 19
5/21/19 6:18 am Chris Skelton <skelton.chris...> [GABO-L] Tern
5/20/19 8:20 pm Frank Mills <000009a40f30bbed-dmarc-request...> [GABO-L] Cherokee County-Strange tiny bird
5/20/19 5:54 am robert emond <robert.emond2015...> [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 19 May 19

Back to top
Date: 6/19/19 11:32 am
From: Carol Lambert and/or Jeff Sewell <lambertsewell...>
Subject: [GABO-L] White Ibis at Stone Mountain Park, DeKalb County, 6/19/19
Seen this morning about 8:15am at the Hidden Pond (North Lake) below the Sports Pavilion. An immature.

Jeff

Jeff Sewell & Carol Lambert
Tucker, GA  DeKalb Co.
<lambertsewell...>

Sent from Mail for Windows

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>

Back to top
Date: 6/17/19 11:02 am
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 16 Jun 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: June 17, 2019 at 1:25:45 PM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> American Coot (1 Rabun)
> Dunlin (4 Chatham)
> Common Tern (4 Chatham)
> Anhinga (1 Greene)
> Great Egret (1 Clarke)
> Bald Eagle (1 Pickens)
> Red-cockaded Woodpecker (1 Charlton)
> American Kestrel (1 Oconee)
> Peregrine Falcon (1 Fulton)
> Red-breasted Nuthatch (1 Rabun)
> Black-and-white Warbler (1 Houston)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 6/15/19 3:19 am
From: Harriet Langford <harriet46...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Butler Island, McIntosh Co
The big pond on the west side of US 17 has been lowered but water remains
all around the edges. Friday the 14th was a wonderful display of many of
our coastal beauties! The black bellied whistling duck population this year
is spectacular on both sides of US 17. No eagles nor wood storks sited
though. The morning run went by the Dairy Barn platform and other near it,
around the aforementioned pond, and the platform on the west side of 17 at
the Ansley Hodges Memorial area.
If you are in the area, come on up!

--
Harriet Langford
Darien, GA

Date: 6/14/19 3:26 pm
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 14 Jun 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: June 14, 2019 at 12:55:32 PM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Ruddy Duck (1 Murray)
> Northern Bobwhite (Eastern) (1 Montgomery)
> Common Ground-Dove (1 Oglethorpe)
> Purple Gallinule (1 Baker, 2 Brooks)
> Limpkin (1 Columbia, 3 Lowndes)
> Common Tern (1 Camden)
> Common Loon (1 Murray)
> Double-crested Cormorant (1 Murray)
> American White Pelican (1 Murray)
> Swallow-tailed Kite (1 Oconee)
> Broad-winged Hawk (1 Tift)
> American Kestrel (1 DeKalb, 1 Morgan, 1 Murray, 2 Tift)
> Cliff Swallow (pyrrhonota Group) (1 Chatham)
> Boat-tailed Grackle (1 Tift, 1 Ware)
> Prothonotary Warbler (1 Stephens)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 6/13/19 5:38 pm
From: Marlene Koslowsky <000006d228557fef-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [GABO-L] MIKI eBird report
Sorry - I forgot to add the eBird list for today. I have a fun photo in it.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57336857

Date: 6/13/19 5:37 pm
From: Marlene Koslowsky <000006d228557fef-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Mississippi Kites Continue
Hey all!
Today marks day 40 of the invasion of the MIKI around my house. One or two come daily to a particular tree, within easy viewing a relatively decent photographing. Every morning I check and every morning it's there, early. Then on occasion I will see one or two other times of the day if I am around. I have no idea where they are nesting but can't be far off.
Marlene Koslowsky,Fayetteville in Fayette County

Date: 6/10/19 10:49 am
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 9 Jun 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: June 10, 2019 at 12:13:45 PM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Black-bellied Whistling-Duck (4 Macon, 1 Richmond, 1 Turner)
> Mute Swan (1 Floyd)
> Northern Bobwhite (3 Morgan)
> Great Black-backed Gull (1 McIntosh)
> Anhinga (2 Greene)
> Red-cockaded Woodpecker (1 Bryan, 1 Charlton, 1 Liberty)
> American Kestrel (1 Oconee)
> Willow Flycatcher (1 Greene)
> Bachman's Sparrow (1 Bryan, 1 Liberty)
> Chipping Sparrow (1 Bryan, 1 McIntosh)
> Bobolink (1 Turner)
> Prothonotary Warbler (1 Murray)
> Dickcissel (2 Macon)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 6/7/19 5:36 am
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 6 Jun 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: June 6, 2019 at 11:32:32 AM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Snow Goose (1 Oglethorpe)
> Common Ground-Dove (1 Hancock, 1 Oglethorpe)
> Virginia Rail (1 Stewart)
> Limpkin (1 Dougherty)
> Spotted Sandpiper (1 Muscogee)
> Great Black-backed Gull (7 McIntosh)
> Double-crested Cormorant (1 Floyd)
> Broad-winged Hawk (1 Sumter)
> Red-cockaded Woodpecker (1 Jones)
> American Kestrel (4 Rockdale)
> Willow Flycatcher (1 Fulton)
> Tree Swallow (1 Burke)
> Cedar Waxwing (3 Murray)
> Chipping Sparrow (1 Chatham, 7 McIntosh)
> Black-and-white Warbler (1 Sumter)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 6/5/19 12:07 pm
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 4 Jun 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: June 5, 2019 at 11:22:26 AM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Northern Bobwhite (1 Hancock)
> Common Tern (1 Glynn)
> Anhinga (1 Henry)
> Double-crested Cormorant (1 Murray)
> Tricolored Heron (1 Oconee)
> Red-cockaded Woodpecker (1 Jones)
> Willow Flycatcher (1 Rabun)
> House Wren (1 Bibb)
> Connecticut Warbler (1 Dooly)
> Yellow Warbler (1 Murray)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 6/3/19 9:08 am
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 2 Jun 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: June 3, 2019 at 10:57:41 AM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Northern Bobwhite (1 Meriwether)
> Eastern Whip-poor-will (1 Taylor)
> Limpkin (2 Lowndes)
> Sandhill Crane (7 Charlton)
> American Woodcock (1 DeKalb)
> Spotted Sandpiper (1 Mitchell)
> Broad-winged Hawk (1 Dooly)
> Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (1 Harris)
> Least Flycatcher (1 Rabun)
> Connecticut Warbler (1 Fulton)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 6/2/19 3:04 pm
From: Angie Jenkins <angeliabeth...>
Subject: [GABO-L] AAS Bird Walk Trip Report Noonday Creek Trail / Cobb Co
Hello Birders,

A hot and not so hot day today. Temps were around 88 this morning while we
birded the Noonday Creek Trail. We were missing a few regulars and then we
made up for those with a few nice finds that we don't get every day ~ a
Cuckoo fly over, King Bird, and Yellow Crowned Night Heron.

With this heat it already feels like late Summer when the birds are not so
vocal. But we were still able to enjoy our morning with a new birder (just
retired). Seeing the GBHE beside the Yellow Crowned was a nice comparison
and we were lucky to catch a couple Green Heron fishing along the trail
perched about the creek. Some patches of the wetland are not completely dry
but getting close so this brought the Heron out from the edges to fish.

For those interested, here is our eBird list:

<https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56996796>
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56996796

Great Birding All!

Angie Jenkins

Kennesaw, GA

Date: 6/2/19 8:53 am
From: Barlow, Stephen <stephen.barlow...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Connecticut Warbler
Just before 9 am this morning (Jun 2) I had brief but close views of a rather late female Conn. Warbler at the E Palisades in Atlanta.

I doubt the bird is relocatable since there’s tons of potential habitat and, being a female, it wasn’t singing. Indeed, I lost it and couldn’t refind in 10 min or so of waiting. However, for what it’s worth, it was on the trail just SW of trail junction EP4 (the nomenclature from the NPS signs), in the vegetation between the trail and the river just below where a side channel rejoins the main river.

Cheers
Steve

Stephen Barlow,
Principal Research Scientist,
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry,
Georgia Institute of Technology,
Atlanta GA 30332-0400, USA
phone: 404-385-6053
fax: 404-894-5909
email: <stephen.barlow...>

Date: 6/1/19 7:05 pm
From: Ann Stewart <annhstewart...>
Subject: [GABO-L] scissor tailed flycatchers- Bartow Co
Are the Scissor tail Flycatchers back on Brandon Farm Road In
Bartow County?

Ann Stewart
Rome,Georgia

Sent from my iPhone

Date: 6/1/19 6:27 pm
From: Pam Potter <ppotter...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Great Crested Flycatcher, yellow-breasted chat Bartow Co
I spotted a Great Crested Flycatcher yesterday and today and then a yellow-breasted chat flew into the yard to perch nicely in my crepe myrtle. I've not seen a chat in about 2 years so I'm a happy camper.

Also, I had a song sparrow and 2 chipping sparrows this morning. I've never spotted these sparrows here in summer.

Pam Potter
White
Bartow Co

Date: 5/31/19 8:21 am
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 30 May 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: May 31, 2019 at 10:18:47 AM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Black-bellied Whistling-Duck (1 Thomas)
> Northern Bobwhite (1 Butts, 1 Clarke)
> Limpkin (1 Fulton)
> Limpkin (Speckled) (1 Dougherty)
> Franklin's Gull (1 Glynn)
> American White Pelican (1 Muscogee)
> Tricolored Heron (1 Thomas)
> Red-cockaded Woodpecker (1 Jones, 1 Liberty)
> American Kestrel (Northern) (1 Floyd)
> Willow Flycatcher (Eastern) (1 Greene)
> Purple Finch (Eastern) (1 Jackson)
> Bachman's Sparrow (1 Liberty)
> Boat-tailed Grackle (1 Troup)
> Prothonotary Warbler (1 Murray)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 5/29/19 10:19 am
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: May 29, 2019 at 9:57:04 AM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Fulvous Whistling-Duck (1 McIntosh)
> Chuck-will's-widow (2 DeKalb)
> Yellow Rail (2 McIntosh)
> American Avocet (1 Glynn)
> Western Sandpiper (2 Glynn)
> Mississippi Kite (1 Rabun)
> Broad-winged Hawk (1 Bibb)
> Blue-headed Vireo (1 Glynn)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 5/27/19 9:56 am
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 26 May 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: May 27, 2019 at 9:38:41 AM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Snow Goose (1 Oglethorpe)
> Northern Shoveler (1 Carroll)
> Northern Bobwhite (1 Hart, 1 Wilkes)
> Limpkin (1 Dougherty, 2 Lowndes)
> American Woodcock (2 Bartow)
> American Bittern (1 Lincoln)
> Bald Eagle (1 Pickens)
> Broad-winged Hawk (1 Bibb, 1 Lowndes)
> Red-cockaded Woodpecker (1 Charlton, 2 Liberty, 1 Long)
> Willow Flycatcher (1 Henry, 2 Rabun)
> Least Flycatcher (3 Rabun)
> Blue-headed Vireo (1 Glynn)
> Prothonotary Warbler (1 Rabun)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 5/24/19 6:15 pm
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 23 May 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: May 24, 2019 at 9:12:58 AM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Greater Scaup (1 Oconee)
> Black Scoter (1 Camden)
> Chuck-will's-widow (2 DeKalb)
> Limpkin (1 DeKalb)
> Pectoral Sandpiper (2 Glynn)
> Western Sandpiper (2 Glynn)
> Peregrine Falcon (1 Fulton)
> Willow Flycatcher (1 Greene)
> Least Flycatcher (1 Towns)
> Red Crossbill (1 Union)
> Cape May Warbler (1 Clarke)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 5/24/19 9:03 am
From: Moss, JohnPatten <JohnPatten.Moss...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Birder Survey
Hey Georgia Birders!

It sure has been a while since I posted. Too bad I don't have any good sightings to report on. But as spring migration peters away, and you find yourselves a bit under-dosed on birding, consider completing this short survey for a Boise State PhD candidate:

https://boisestate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1SbmT263PHuX9rL<https://url.emailprotection.link/?bcNA6NO6Gr3twYKzkDZYO32tE1HVwhhSOfhvAi_4qRtZAzoSOtn3Z1rYFMGZVshz-D5yncG7R1f30ydtuppXgOPqMgWBFhBqqCP8Nw_Nx4--T5wMFwUfi0GHECClCq8-H>

You all are more than qualified to participate!

Here is the info on the study for those interested:

How do Individual Values, Attitudes, Knowledge, Skills, and Norms Predict Bird Conservation Behaviors Among Birders in the United States?

May 20, 2019

I am working on a Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration from Boise State University. Through my research, Im interested in discovering the link between the attributes of individual birders in the United States and the type and intensity of bird conservation action they take. Results will be used to improve public policies for bird conservation.

I am asking you and the members of your organization or partnership to complete this online survey.

https://boisestate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1SbmT263PHuX9rL

Participation is voluntary, no personally identifiable information will be collected, and all responses will be kept confidential. This study is for educational purposes only and involves no foreseeable serious risks. Data will be accessible only to me and my advisory committee and will be used to produce scholarly and popular publications on the topic. If there are any questions that make you uncomfortable or that you would prefer not to answer, just skip over those. You may discontinue the survey at any time. This survey will require 10-12 minutes of your time.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me:

Terry Rich
208-867-5112
<terrellrich...>

You may also contact my Committee Chair:

Dr. Monica Hubbard
208-426-5147
<monicahubbard...>

If you have questions about your rights as a research participant, you may contact the Boise State University Institutional Review Board (IRB), which is concerned with the protection of volunteers in research projects. You may reach the board office between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, by calling (208) 426-5401 or by writing: Institutional Review Board, Office of Research Compliance, Boise State University, 1910 University Dr., Boise, ID 83725-1138.

If you would prefer not to participate, please ignore this request.

See y'all out there!
Thanks,
John Patten Moss
Berry College (Floyd County)

Date: 5/23/19 5:29 am
From: Joshua Spence <spencejoshua...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Connecticut Warbler ~ Murray County
Yesterday, I spent several hours in the Cohutta Foothills of Murray County searching for breeding birds. Among other sites, I drove a portion of Tatum Lead Rd, which runs along a ridge for several miles and connects with the Pinhoti Trail. This road can be accessed from HWY 52 east of Fort Mountain State Park. It is the last road on the right before leaving Murray County. Tatum Lead goes south along the county boundary and switches in and out of Murray into Gilmer County. This makes things difficult if you're a county lister.

I tallied 47 species for the day, the best bird being a bonus CONNECTICUT WARBLER about 1.9 miles down Tatum Lead. This area is vast wilderness and where I was specifically was predominantly hardwood canopy with a consistent, but not an impenetrable understory. There was no water here, so no riparian zones. Below are the details from my eBird entry on the bird:

"I was very surprised to find this species in such a thick forest. While walking along the road, I saw a bird about 10' from me fly off the ground from some roadside vegetation into a young Sourwood. I was expecting another Ovenbird. I moved closer and the bird was about 15' from me at eye level and was unobstructed by vegetation, branches, etc. The warbler displayed the distinct gray-bluish hood, that came down to a bib on the breast, contrasting with the palish yellow below. Longish bill and "complete bold" white eyering that contrasted sharply with the surrounding gray face. The upperparts were darker olive. The duration of the observation lasted about 5-10 seconds and the bird darted down the slope in the forest understory. It did not call or sing and I did not see it again though I searched several minutes. The gray hood looked to be darker than what one would expect in a female.......but I can't be sure of its gender."

I wouldn't think the bird would be relocatable due to the nature of the sighting, with the bird not alerting me of its presence by singing, and the area being so vast and difficult for humans to move around in to chase the bird. If anyone does check out this site, be warned it is a narrow rough dirt road. A truck or SUV is a must.

Other highlights from the area:

Broad-winged Hawk
White-eyed Vireo - unusual in the Cohuttas
Swainson's Thrush
Yellow-breasted Chat - unusual in the Cohuttas, recent clearcut
Ovenbird - at least 17 and some displaying distraction behavior
Worm-eating Warbler - 2
Black-and-white Warbler - 16
Hooded Warbler -13
Yellow-throated Warbler - 2
Black-throated Green Warbler - 24
Scarlet Tanager - 6

Joshua Spence,
Murray County

Date: 5/22/19 7:18 am
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 21 May 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: May 22, 2019 at 8:45:12 AM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Northern Bobwhite (3 Jones)
> Limpkin (1 Dougherty)
> White-rumped Sandpiper (2 Bartow)
> Forster's Tern (1 Cherokee)
> Red-cockaded Woodpecker (6 Jasper, 2 Jones)
> American Kestrel (1 Cobb)
> Willow Flycatcher (1 Rabun)
> Bachman's Sparrow (4 Jasper, 1 Jones)
> Brewer's Blackbird (1 Muscogee)
> Blue-winged Warbler (2 Jasper)
> Swainson's Warbler (1 DeKalb)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Date: 5/21/19 6:18 am
From: Chris Skelton <skelton.chris...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Tern
Hi all- I saw a tern perched on a pole yesterday on Lake Allatoona. I
called it Forster's based on black and orange bill and contrasting white
breast and gray back. Ebird list
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56573167 with
weak photos. I welcome any comments. Thanks,

Chris Skelton
Marietta, GA

Date: 5/20/19 8:20 pm
From: Frank Mills <000009a40f30bbed-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Cherokee County-Strange tiny bird
Today we saw a strange tiny bird in our driveway just East of Canton.  Maybe some kind of exotic finch.  Looks like Zebra Finch from photos online.  Maybe escaped pet.  I have photos.  Let me know if you are missing a bet exotic bird.

Date: 5/20/19 5:54 am
From: robert emond <robert.emond2015...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert 19 May 19
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: <ebird-alert...>
> Date: May 20, 2019 at 8:22:33 AM EDT
> Subject: [eBird Alert] Georgia Rare Bird Alert <daily>
>
> *** Species Summary:
>
> Black Scoter (1 Glynn)
> Northern Bobwhite (1 Coweta)
> Eastern Whip-poor-will (1 Fulton)
> Rufous Hummingbird (1 Whitfield)
> Semipalmated Sandpiper (1 Forsyth)
> Cattle Egret (1 Fulton)
> Glossy Ibis (1 Mitchell)
> Swallow-tailed Kite (1 Oconee)
> Broad-winged Hawk (1 Bibb)
> Red-cockaded Woodpecker (1 Jasper, 1 Jones)
> Swainson's Thrush (1 Rabun)
> Hermit Thrush (1 Dawson)
> Bachman's Sparrow (1 Jasper)
> Swainson's Warbler (2 DeKalb, 1 Floyd)
> Connecticut Warbler (1 Fulton)
> Cape May Warbler (1 Towns)

> NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated
>
> Robert Emond
Lowndes

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>