easternsierrabirds
Received From Subject
5/25/20 6:58 am Russell Kokx <kokxbio...> ESbirds: Bobolink Independence
5/24/20 8:25 pm 'Ulla Lipp' via EasternSierraBirds <easternsierrabirds...> ESbirds: Bobolink, in the hayfield east of the Independence woodlot
5/22/20 6:16 pm 'Ron Overholtz' via EasternSierraBirds <easternsierrabirds...> Re: ESbirds: Red-tailed Hawk triplets
5/22/20 5:19 pm 'Len Hunter' via EasternSierraBirds <easternsierrabirds...> ESbirds: Red-tailed Hawk triplets
5/21/20 6:05 am West Vane <west.vane...> ESbirds: Rose-Breasted Grosbeak in Mammoth Lakes 5/20/20
5/16/20 6:58 pm 'Ron Overholtz' via EasternSierraBirds <easternsierrabirds...> Re: ESbirds: Wood Ducks-Buckley Pond-5-15-20
5/16/20 6:55 pm 'Len Hunter' via EasternSierraBirds <easternsierrabirds...> ESbirds: Wood Ducks-Buckley Pond-5-15-20
5/8/20 10:30 am Frances Oliver <hummer52...> ESbirds: Cancellation of November 2020 CVBS
5/6/20 6:40 am Ayala Berger <aberg009...> ESbirds: Population of Costa's hummingbirds?

Back to top
Date: 5/25/20 6:58 am
From: Russell Kokx <kokxbio...>
Subject: ESbirds: Bobolink Independence
I re-
the Bobolink that Ulla posted Sunday.
At 0650 am the male bobolink this morning was observed along the south edge
of field near the east west road that borders the south edge.
East of the woodlot.

Back to top
Date: 5/24/20 8:25 pm
From: 'Ulla Lipp' via EasternSierraBirds <easternsierrabirds...>
Subject: ESbirds: Bobolink, in the hayfield east of the Independence woodlot
Seen around four pm Sunday. It was seen while we drove the road that separates the woodlot from the hayfield..The hay has just been cut and the field is full of birds.
Ulla Lipp

Back to top
Date: 5/22/20 6:16 pm
From: 'Ron Overholtz' via EasternSierraBirds <easternsierrabirds...>
Subject: Re: ESbirds: Red-tailed Hawk triplets
 They are incredibly cute. Thanks

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
On Friday, May 22, 2020, 'Len Hunter' via EasternSierraBirds <easternsierrabirds...> wrote:

These immature Red-tailed Hawks are on the nest on Sunland Drive, north of thegolf course.
Bishop-
Len Hunter

Back to top

Date: 5/21/20 6:05 am
From: West Vane <west.vane...>
Subject: ESbirds: Rose-Breasted Grosbeak in Mammoth Lakes 5/20/20
Saw this guy today in the willow outside my house near Vons. Probably drawn in by the Black Headed Grosbeaks that have been eating the leftovers from the Pine Siskins sloppy pillaging of my feeder. Thought you might want to know their around since I know it’s a rare bird for the area and a new life bird for me. I also had a Lazuli Bunting visit the Willow last week among other more common residents and visitors. Hope you’re having a great spring migration.

West Vane

Back to top
Date: 5/16/20 6:58 pm
From: 'Ron Overholtz' via EasternSierraBirds <easternsierrabirds...>
Subject: Re: ESbirds: Wood Ducks-Buckley Pond-5-15-20
 Your photos are gorgeous as always. Thanks for sending them.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
On Saturday, May 16, 2020, 'Len Hunter' via EasternSierraBirds <easternsierrabirds...> wrote:

<!--#yiv1021570667 _filtered {} _filtered {}#yiv1021570667 #yiv1021570667 p.yiv1021570667MsoNormal, #yiv1021570667 li.yiv1021570667MsoNormal, #yiv1021570667 div.yiv1021570667MsoNormal {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;}#yiv1021570667 a:link, #yiv1021570667 span.yiv1021570667MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv1021570667 .yiv1021570667MsoChpDefault {} _filtered {}#yiv1021570667 div.yiv1021570667WordSection1 {}-->
Len Hunter-

This pair was also in the first pond on the eastside of the road, coming in from Line St.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Back to top

Date: 5/8/20 10:30 am
From: Frances Oliver <hummer52...>
Subject: ESbirds: Cancellation of November 2020 CVBS
Hi All!

Due to the uncertainty of the Covid-19 pandemic in the fall months, the Central Valley Birding Symposium is being cancelled for 2020. The Symposium Committee felt that the health of our members, presenters, and staff was our primary consideration in making this decision. If conditions warrant, the Symposium will resume again on Nov 18-21, 2021, at the Stockton Hilton Hotel. We will miss seeing everyone this November, but we hope to see all of you again in 2021. Stay healthy and safe until then.

Patricia Bachetti
CVBC President

Frances

Back to top
Date: 5/6/20 6:40 am
From: Ayala Berger <aberg009...>
Subject: ESbirds: Population of Costa's hummingbirds?
Hi all,

I am trying to find a population of breeding Costa's hummingbirds to study
for my PhD research on courtship behavior. Any tips of where there are more
than a few individuals?

What a great Audubon group, I am excited to join and explore this specious
area and here from local birding experts!

Thank you!

-Ayala