kerncobirding
Received From Subject
12/4/23 10:36 am NatureAli <natureali...> [kern-tulare-kings-cobirding] Long tailed ducks. At Isabella
11/26/23 4:26 pm Steve Summers <summers...> [kern-tulare-kings-cobirding] Tulare Co. Greater Pewee still here

Back to top
Date: 12/4/23 10:36 am
From: NatureAli <natureali...>
Subject: [kern-tulare-kings-cobirding] Long tailed ducks. At Isabella
At the mouth of Tillie creek. Found by John Schmitt.

Ali Sheehey

--
Ali Sheehey
Weldon, CA

www.natureali.org ( http://www.natureali.org )

Back to top
Date: 11/26/23 4:26 pm
From: Steve Summers <summers...>
Subject: [kern-tulare-kings-cobirding] Tulare Co. Greater Pewee still here
This afternoon a little before 3:30p I saw the Greater Pewee again below Success Dam at Success Lake. I had finished birding the Big Sycamore Trail and was driving out of the parking lot when I stopped to look at a large flock of feeding juncos on the ground under a tree between the parking lot and the residence building. I noticed a larger bird fly into the tree and was a little shocked to see it was the Greater Pewee. Here’s the GPS of the tree it was in 36.05966, -118.917937. This location is a quarter of a mile from where it was most often seen along the trail, last sighting was Nov. 13. It now looks like this bird is ranging over an area of at least 32 acres where perhaps half of which isn’t easily accessible. It's proving to be a tough bird to find!
Steve SummersPorterville