sjbirds
Received From Subject
4/16/24 11:44 am England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...> [SJBirds] SJ Audubon Birding This Weekend: Woodbridge Wilderness, Mokelumne Fish Hatchery
4/12/24 9:15 am Jim Rowoth <rowoth...> [SJBirds] Tomorrow’s Cosumnes River Walk survey—cancelled
4/4/24 7:54 pm England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...> [SJBirds] SJ Audubon April Meeting & Field Trips
3/30/24 3:38 pm <Vote4ballot...>, via groups.io <vote4ballot...> Re: [SJBirds] Saturday outing
3/29/24 4:46 pm henry_koertzen via groups.io <henry_koertzen...> Re: [SJBirds] Saturday outing
3/29/24 1:50 pm <Vote4ballot...>, via groups.io <vote4ballot...> [SJBirds] Saturday outing
3/21/24 8:49 pm England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...> [SJBirds] SOUTH COUNTY BIRDWALK Saturday, March 30

Back to top
Date: 4/16/24 11:44 am
From: England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...>
Subject: [SJBirds] SJ Audubon Birding This Weekend: Woodbridge Wilderness, Mokelumne Fish Hatchery
APRIL 20 @ 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM
WOODBRIDGE WILDERNESS SURVEY
Join leaders Pat Paternostro for our monthly census of this small riparian area on the banks of the Mokelumnes River. Meet the leader at the north end of Meadowlark Lane in Woodbridge.
Where: Woodbridge Wilderness Area, 301 E. River Meadows Dr., Woodbridge
April 21 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 am
MONTHLY CENSUS @ FISH HATCHERY
Join leaders Joanne Katanic and Liz West for our monthly census of this lovely riparian area on the Mokelumne River below Camanche Dam.
Where: Meet the leaders in the fish hatchery parking lot below the dam at 8:00 AM.
--
Alan England, Stockton

Back to top
Date: 4/12/24 9:15 am
From: Jim Rowoth <rowoth...>
Subject: [SJBirds] Tomorrow’s Cosumnes River Walk survey—cancelled
Due to the forecast of rain for Saturday, 04/13, I am canceling this month’s survey & SJAS field trip. I may attempt to reschedule at a later date.

--
Jim Rowoth
Stockton, CA

Back to top
Date: 4/4/24 7:54 pm
From: England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...>
Subject: [SJBirds] SJ Audubon April Meeting & Field Trips
*APRIL PROGRAM*
Tuesday, April 9, 2024
History of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta with a focus on historic stressors and restoration methods
Presented by Lynette Williams Duman
Lynette will discuss site history of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta with a focus on historic stressors and restoration methods. She will then discuss her ongoing research regarding wetland restoration and conversion in the Sac-SJ Delta and Suisun Marsh with an emphasis on food web processes and waterbird responses to landscape change.
Lynette is a 2nd year PhD student at UC Davis studying Ecology. She works on how waterbird and waterbird habitat may change with landscape-level wetland change in the Suisun Marsh. She is also passionate about food web ecology and fisheries science and seeks to integrate bird management with fisheries management.

Where: Central United Methodist Church, 3700 Pacific Avenue, Stockton. Refreshments and lighted parking.
*APRIL FIELD TRIPS*
INTRODUCTORY BIRDING @ LODI LAKE
APRIL 6 @ 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Join leader Pat Paternostro at the north end of Laurel Ave. in Lodi (on the east side of Lodi Lake Park, off Turner Rd.) at 8:00 AM. Birders of all skill levels are welcome, but the focus will be on birding fundamentals. Extra binoculars and field guides will be available.
WHERE: Lodi Lake, 1101 W. Turner Road, Lodi
COSUMNES RIVER WALK
April 13 @ 7:00 am - 10:00 am
Join leader Jim Rowoth for the monthly River Walk bird count through the varied habitats of the CRP. Meet Jim at the visitor center on Franklin Blvd at 7:00 AM.
WHERE: Cosumnes River Preserve 13501 Franklin Blvd, Galt
MCDONALD ISLAND FIELD TRIP
APRIL 14 @ 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM
We plan to cross the bridge to McDonald Island at 8:00 a,m, on April 14th. We need to cross the private bridge as a group. So, we’ll meet just outside the bridge. For directions, Google Maps for Tiki Lagoon Marina, which is right at the bridge. Bring water and food for yourself, as it’s not certain how long we will be birding. Toilet facility are not likely to be available.
Please confirm with me (<dfries.audubon...>) if you plan to go on the field trip. This way, we can wait at the bridge until all have arrived. We will drive most of the distance on the island but plan to park and walk several miles of the excellent bird habitat. Near the day of the field trip, I will send out an email to all
CARNEGIE STATE VEHICULAR RECREATION AREA (Kiln Canyon)
APRIL 16 AT 8:00 AM.
Leader: John Blades. Bring water and a lunch. Hiking Shoes
Where: Carnegie State Vehicle Recreation Area, 18600 Corral Hollow Rd, Tracy. (Take I-5 South, get off at Corral Hollow Road). Meet at the gate.
WOODBRIDGE WILDERNESS SURVEY
APRIL 20 @ 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Join leaders Pat Paternostro for our monthly census of this small riparian area on the banks of the Mokelumnes River. Meet the leader at the north end of Meadowlark Lane in Woodbridge.
Woodbridge Wilderness Area, 301 E. River Meadows Dr., Woodbridge
MONTHLY CENSUS @ FISH HATCHERY
APRIL 21 @ 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Join leaders Joanne Katanic and Liz West for our monthly census of this lovely riparian area on the Mokelumne River below Camanche Dam. Meet the leaders in the fish hatchery parking lot below the dam at 8:00 AM.
BEGINNER’S BIRD WALK @ MOUNTAIN HOUSE CREEK PARK & WETLANDS
APRIL 27 @ 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Join San Joaquin Audubon member, Henry Koertzen for a beginning bird trip for people of all ages. We will start the bird walk at 8:00AM near the intersection of Main Street and Central Parkway (at the pond side of the road). We will be walking the dirt path, accessible by stroller or wheel hair.
--
Alan England, Stockton

Back to top
Date: 3/30/24 3:38 pm
From: <Vote4ballot...>, via groups.io <vote4ballot...>
Subject: Re: [SJBirds] Saturday outing
Thanks. Hopefully I will be there for the April bird walk
On Friday, March 29, 2024 at 04:46:27 PM PDT, henry_koertzen via groups.io <henry_koertzen...> wrote:

Hello,
The meeting point is a gravel parking lot in Ripon, located just east of the Jack Tone golf course parking lot.
In Google maps the address comes up as:

1260 S Jack Tone Rd, Ripon, CA 95366

If you drive south on Jack Tone Road the paved road will come to an end. Continue on the narrow gravel road and very shortly it will turn left and end in the parking lot.

Location is the red dot on the attached map.

Back to top

Date: 3/29/24 1:50 pm
From: <Vote4ballot...>, via groups.io <vote4ballot...>
Subject: [SJBirds] Saturday outing
Please, where is the meeting point of the Outing on Saturday morning?

Back to top
Date: 3/21/24 8:49 pm
From: England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...>
Subject: [SJBirds] SOUTH COUNTY BIRDWALK Saturday, March 30
Saturday, March 30 @ 8:00 am

SOUTH COUNTY BEGINNING BIRDWALK

Join leader Henry Koertzen for a beginner birding walk for folks if all ages. We will start at the gravel parking lot located at the south end of Jack Tone Road. We’ll be walking the smooth dirt/paved path, accessible by stroller or wheelchair.
First we will look for water and shore birds on the ponds, and then we will follow the path along the Stanislaus River. If we still have time and energy we will drive over to Oak Grove Park.
Note: there are no bathroom facilities on site.
--
Alan England, Stockton