shasta_birders
Received From Subject
2/17/18 10:03 pm Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] Harlan's Hawk today - yes and no
2/14/18 5:52 pm Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] Harlan's Hawk returns again this year!
2/13/18 10:28 am Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] Yahoo photos and other features have been problematic recently.
2/13/18 7:24 am Frank Sanderson <darliss60...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] Sad Mood.......Frank Sanderson
2/12/18 1:39 pm Bob & Carol <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] Yahoo Groups picture loading and observing pictures
2/12/18 9:31 am <bird_brew...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] FOS Tree Swallow
2/12/18 7:38 am <larrytech...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] Unable to Upload Images
2/11/18 5:55 pm <larrytech...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] Slate Colored Dark-eyed Junco in My Yard
1/31/18 4:07 am Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] Access to FILES in Shasta Birders
1/30/18 10:00 pm Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] White-throated Sparrow & Golden Eagle photos just posted to Shasta Birders
1/24/18 10:16 am Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] Soliciting your corrections, comments, and input on - An annotated Supplemental Shasta County Bird Checklist (long)
1/24/18 9:30 am <shasta_birders...> [shasta_birders] New file uploaded to shasta_birders
1/23/18 9:42 am <larrytech...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...> [shasta_birders] Sacramento National Wildlife Outing and Osprey Platform Installation

Back to top
Date: 2/17/18 10:03 pm
From: Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Harlan's Hawk today - yes and no
Hello all,

The Harlan's Hawk was seen early this morning but was not seen later in
the mid afternoon.

100s of Sandhill Cranes were calling and flying Northward over Jelly's
Ferry & Gover Road today.

Bob

--
Bob & Carol Yutzy, Shasta, CA

------------------------------------
Posted by: Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
<shasta_birders-digest...>
<shasta_birders-fullfeatured...>

<shasta_birders-unsubscribe...>

Back to top
Date: 2/14/18 5:52 pm
From: Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Harlan's Hawk returns again this year!
Hello all,

Happily we report that the Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk we first had on Dec.
31, 2012, and that we saw last on Feb 24th, 2017, has returned to the
Whitmore Plains.  A photos of this bird is in Shasta Birders photos, in
Bob Yutzy's Photos. Rough calculation this bird would be at least be 5 &
1/2 years old!

Found today on our Jelly Ferry to Millville Plains Hawk Count. Full
results to follow.

Bob

--
Bob & Carol Yutzy, Shasta, CA

------------------------------------

Date: 2/13/18 10:28 am
From: Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Yahoo photos and other features have been problematic recently.
An internet search for Yahoo pix problems yields lots of reports that Yahoo pictures are apparently loading but not displaying when you look back for them. This has reportedly been going on for a month or two AND there is no info on whether anyone is repairing the problem.
Don’t know what else to say.
Bob Yutzy,
Shasta, Ca

Sent From Bob & Carol

------------------------------------

Date: 2/13/18 7:24 am
From: Frank Sanderson <darliss60...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Sad Mood.......Frank Sanderson
Hello,how you doing today? did you get my previous mail .
Regards,
Frank

Back to top
Date: 2/12/18 1:39 pm
From: Bob & Carol <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Yahoo Groups picture loading and observing pictures
Hello all,

I too am unable to load pictures in Shasta Birders Yahoo Group - and I
can only see some pictures by others in Shasta Birders. When I go to
other groups like CVBirds, NWCalBirds, etc., I am unable to see any
photos by anyone.

To me obviously, Yahoo Groups is having some problems all over the
place.  Not sure what to do next except see if it gets better in the
next couple days.  Maybe they are doing a rebuild or some such procedure
at Yahoo.com.

Re: the moderator - it got stuck on me from Ray Bruun and Rob Santry.
As far as I know there is little that can be done by a moderator except
try to find out who might know what is wrong and when will it will be
fixed.

Bob

Bob & Carol, Shasta CA

------------------------------------
Posted by: Bob & Carol <boby...>

Date: 2/12/18 9:31 am
From: <bird_brew...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] FOS Tree Swallow
While walking my dog at Turtle Bay East this past weekend, I had FOS Tree Swallows over the Sacramento River.

Happy birding,
Alicia

------------------------------------
Posted by: <bird_brew...>

Date: 2/12/18 7:38 am
From: <larrytech...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Unable to Upload Images
Apparently I am not the only one who cannot upload images. Can the moderator please investigate this issue?

Back to top
Date: 2/11/18 5:55 pm
From: <larrytech...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Slate Colored Dark-eyed Junco in My Yard
Among the many, many Juncos in my yard, I finally found a Slate Colored! I tried to post them in my photo album but they would not upload. Anyone else having photo upload issues?

Anyway, I posted them on my Flickr page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/soaringfalcon/25343240937/in/photostream/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/soaringfalcon/25343240937/in/photostream/

Larry Jordan
Oak Run, CA

Back to top
Date: 1/31/18 4:07 am
From: Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Access to FILES in Shasta Birders
Hello all,

Several people have reported that they have trouble getting files from
the FILES section of Shasta Birders.

I notice that I often have to click on FILES at least twice to get any
list of files to show up.  Then double clicking on a file gets me access
to that file.  There is clearly a glitch in the set up of this.  But
hopefully the suggestion above is workable.

Bob

--
Bob & Carol Yutzy, Shasta, CA

------------------------------------

Date: 1/30/18 10:00 pm
From: Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] White-throated Sparrow & Golden Eagle photos just posted to Shasta Birders
Hello all,

I just posted 2 pix of a feeder White-throated Sparrow and several so-so
pix of flying Golden Eagle(s) to Shasta Birders - Yutzy's Birds 2017 & 2018.

Just an FYI.

Bob

--
Bob & Carol Yutzy, Shasta, CA

------------------------------------

Date: 1/24/18 10:16 am
From: Bob & Carol Yutzy <boby...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Soliciting your corrections, comments, and input on - An annotated Supplemental Shasta County Bird Checklist (long)
Hello all,

We have uploaded a new file to Shasta Birder's Yahoo Group of our
annotated records of supplemental species from the Shasta County Bird
Checklist.  This includes Records from almost 40 years of sightings from
our two Shasta County databases(AviSys & Plover), from Shasta Birders
Yahoo group reports and emails, from Wintu AudubonNewsletter field trip
reports, from North Amercian Birds (NAB) magazine/journal Vol. 27-#1
(1972) to Vol. 69-#3(2015), Shasta County NAB reports for all 2016 and
Spring & Summer 2017, credible eBird reports, local CBC records, and
from personal communications.

If you would prefer the document as an attached Excel document to an
email, please let us know.

By the way, you can use the FIND function in Excel to look for your name
or a bird's name to make reviewing records easier.

This project began when Ken Able mentioned it would be a shame to lose
all the Shasta County records we have kept over the years, so we have
completed a first edition of our collection of Shasta County records for
your input, comments, and corrections.   Because a record is listed does
not mean it is fully substantiated.  However, clearly a number of
species should be moved to the regular county checklist at the next
revision.

As we receive corrections and additions to the list we will upload new
versions (this is called version 1) until we have a more final document.

Hope you find it interesting and useful,

Bob & Carol Yutzy, Shasta, CA

Back to top
Date: 1/24/18 9:30 am
From: <shasta_birders...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] New file uploaded to shasta_birders
Hello,

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the shasta_birders
group.

File : /Supp Species Excel Jan 24 - 2018 1st Edition.xls
Uploaded by : bobandcarolredding <boby...>
Description : Annotated Shasta County Supplemental Bird Checklist - 1st Edition

You can access this file at the URL:

Regards,

bobandcarolredding <boby...>

Date: 1/23/18 9:42 am
From: <larrytech...> [shasta_birders] <shasta_birders-noreply...>
Subject: [shasta_birders] Sacramento National Wildlife Outing and Osprey Platform Installation
I just want to remind everyone of the Wintu Audubon full day outing to Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge this Saturday. We will meet at 7:30 sharp at the Kutras Park parking lot. Weather is suppose to be partly cloudy with a high of 58 degrees.

We are sure to see Gadwall, Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail, American Wigeon, Green-winged Teal, Ruddy Duck, Bufflehead, Snow Goose, Ross's Goose, Black-necked Stilt, Northern Harrier and Bald Eagle. Possibilities include Long-billed Dowitcher, Cinnamon Teal, Peregrine Falcon, American White-Pelican, and the recently seen Northern Shrike and blue morph Ross's Goose. More info at https://www.wintuaudubon.org/events/wintu-audubon-outing-%E2%80%A8sacramento-national-wildlife-refuge/ https://www.wintuaudubon.org/events/wintu-audubon-outing-%E2%80%A8sacramento-national-wildlife-refuge/

We are also partnering with Tehama Wild Care and the City of Anderson to install an Osprey Platform atop the light pole at the Anderson River Park soccer field this week or next, depending on the weather. This project will solve the problem of the Osprey nesting on top of the lights and give them a more stable, permanent nesting site on the top of the pole. I will announce the actual date as soon as it has been determined.

Larry Jordan
Oak Run, CA

Join us on Facebook!