calbirds
Received From Subject
2/9/21 7:20 am Will Richardson <t.will.richardson...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Davis Broad-billed Hummingbird
2/8/21 10:35 pm Bruce Webb <colimabirder...> [CALBIRDS] Davis Broad-billed Hummingbird
2/8/21 9:40 pm Bruce Webb <colimabirder...> [CALBIRDS] Davis Broad-billed Hummingbird video
2/8/21 10:28 am Brian Sullivan <heraldpetrel...> [CALBIRDS] Used camera gear and optics for bird guides and researchers in Belize
2/7/21 1:49 pm Rebecca Marschall <rebecca.fenning...> [CALBIRDS] LA Birders Webinar: Infections and Avian Evolution, 2/9/2021
2/7/21 12:09 pm Mike Feighner <feinerVogel94551...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/7/21 11:52 am Lucas Corneliussen <Lucascorneliussen04...> [CALBIRDS] Lake Almanor, Plumas County Sightings
2/3/21 11:17 pm Wayne Weber <contopus...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/3/21 4:44 pm Chuck & Lillian via groups.io <misclists...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/3/21 4:15 pm howe395 via groups.io <howe395...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/3/21 3:22 pm Ken Burton <shrikethree...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/3/21 3:16 pm Alvaro Jaramillo <chucao...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/3/21 3:03 pm Kimball Garrett <kgarrett...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/3/21 2:52 pm Bruce Deuel <bdeuel...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/3/21 2:34 pm Ken Burton <shrikethree...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/1/21 6:54 pm Wayne Weber <contopus...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/1/21 5:32 pm Kimball Garrett <kgarrett...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/1/21 3:03 pm Ken Burton <shrikethree...> [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
2/1/21 12:39 pm Paul Keller <496psk...> [CALBIRDS] Mexican Duck
1/30/21 11:46 pm Ryan Winkleman <rswinkleman...> Re: [CALBIRDS] Mexican Duck
1/30/21 2:26 pm borodayko <adboro...> [CALBIRDS] Mexican Duck
1/29/21 5:35 pm Kimball Garrett <kgarrett...> [CALBIRDS] News from the California Bird Records Committee
1/25/21 12:45 pm Elizabeth Gillogly <ekgillogly...> [CALBIRDS] Talk by Teen Birder This Thursday

Back to top
Date: 2/9/21 7:20 am
From: Will Richardson <t.will.richardson...>
Subject: Re: [CALBIRDS] Davis Broad-billed Hummingbird
That flight footage is fantastic stuff. Certainly better than any phone-scoped footage I’ve gotten. I’m assuming Steve is using a mount to hold it steady? Either way, great stuff - thanks for sharing that with the larger group Bruce!
Will Richardson
Truckee, CA

____________________
T. Will Richardson, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Tahoe Institute for Natural Science
530.412.2792
www.tinsweb.org

Back to top
Date: 2/8/21 10:35 pm
From: Bruce Webb <colimabirder...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] Davis Broad-billed Hummingbird
Here is a link to the Davis Broad-billed Hummingbird video by Steve Abbott
using the big lens 115 mm Swarovski spotting scope.

https://flic.kr/p/2kA4kdu

Bruce Webb, Swarovski Field Tech
Granite Bay CA
--
Bruce Webb
Granite Bay, California

Back to top
Date: 2/8/21 9:40 pm
From: Bruce Webb <colimabirder...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] Davis Broad-billed Hummingbird video
Hello birders:

I want to share this video taken by Steve Abbott. He used the new 115mm
Swarovski spotting scope objective lens and his iPhone 11 Pro as the
camera.

Phonescoped on Sunday morning Thanks to the understanding family for
allowing so many birders to watch their backyard feeders.

Date: 2/8/21 10:28 am
From: Brian Sullivan <heraldpetrel...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] Used camera gear and optics for bird guides and researchers in Belize
Hi All,

Every few years, I like to send a note out to this list about collecting
used camera gear and optics to send down to bird guides and researchers in
Belize. I apologize this isn't reporting a rare bird, but I hope the admin
will let it through again.

What I typically do is try to round-up used gear, and take it down to
Belize. Our trusted partners there on the ground distribute the gear to
local birders and researchers. This year, with COVID, I won't be able to go
myself, but I am putting together a batch of gear to hand-off to a
colleague who will be heading down there soon.

I'm looking for good binoculars, and older but functional camera gear for
bird photography. Think Canon 7D... Also any reasonable telephoto lens
would be welcome.

I then put together as many of these 'bins + camera rigs' as I can and get
them into the hands of birders and researchers down there--and much of the
resulting data and media get back into eBird and Macaulay Library.

So far it's worked pretty well. If any of you have gear that you'd consider
parting with, please email me privately off the list (<heraldpetrel...>
).

Thanks for indulging this request. It is for a good cause!

--
------------------------------
*Brian L. Sullivan*

*Digital Publications LeadCornell Lab of Ornithology*

Back to top
Date: 2/7/21 1:49 pm
From: Rebecca Marschall <rebecca.fenning...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] LA Birders Webinar: Infections and Avian Evolution, 2/9/2021
Hello birders,

Please join us for the next Los Angeles Birders webinar:

Role of Infections and Avian Evolution

with Allison Shultz

Tue, Feb 09, 2021 7:00 PM

Allison Shultz is an ornithologist and Assistant Curator of Ornithology at
the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County. Dr. Shultz integrates
research across evolutionary timescales to gain an understanding of the
processes that produce the patterns of biodiversity.

Pathogens are in a constant evolutionary arms race as hosts evolve to be
better at resisting pathogens, and pathogens evolve to be better at
infecting hosts. Allison’s research focuses on studying this process from
the hosts’ perspective. Her research focuses on understanding if this
interaction is resulting in signatures of selection at the same genes in
divergent species. She recently found that in birds (and mammals!), genes
under positive selection are likely to be immune genes, especially those
that interact with viruses.

She is also investigating the process of pathogen-mediated selection by
studying a time-series of House Finch genomes. House Finches were exposed
to a new pathogen (Mycoplasma gallisepticum) in 1994, resulting in a 60%
decline in many places. By studying how the genome has changed through time
(before the new pathogen, 10 years after, and 20 years after) Dr. Shultz is
learning that resistance likely evolved at many regions of the genome
rather than at a single gene. In this webinar Dr. Shultz will educate us on
infections and avian evolution. We know you can’t resist!

**

CONNECTION INFORMATION: A link to the webinar livestream on YouTube will be
posted to the LA Birders website
<https://www.labirders.org/webinars/infections_and_avian_evolution.html> at
6:55pm, five minutes before the webinar start time. If you are unable to
attend, this webinar *will* be recorded and made available on our website
for later (or repeat) viewing.

**

BECOME A MEMBER! Though our webinars will always remain free and available
to all, members of Los Angeles Birders have access to live webinars via
Zoom, allowing for more interactivity with presenters and the ability to
participate in quizzes. Members also receive priority sign-up for LAB
events and will receive discounts on paid LAB programs in the future. To
learn more about membership, please see our website
<https://www.labirders.org>!

**

SAVE THE DATE! Upcoming webinars:

*3/9/2021 -- Cin-Ty Lee on empidonax identification

*4/13/2021 -- John McCormack on the Moore Lab of Zoology

Upcoming “Slashes, sp.’s, and Identification (or not)” workshops:

*2/16/2021 -- Jon Feenstra on yellow-bellied kingbirds

*3/16/2021 -- Mark Scheel on sapsuckers

Good birding,

Rebecca Marschall

Valley Village

for <LosAngelesBirders...>

www.losangelesbirders.org

--
Rebecca Fenning Marschall
<rebecca.fenning...>

Back to top
Date: 2/7/21 12:09 pm
From: Mike Feighner <feinerVogel94551...>
Subject: Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
Ron and I saw the Broad-billed Hummingbird this morning from 10:50 to 11:30 am today on Antioch Drive in Davis, CaliforniaAlso heard an Anna's Hummingbird and a White-breasted Nuthatch Saw a Lesser Goldfinch and a Western Scrub Jay Trouble entering data on eBird....tonightMike and Ron Correll-Feichtner Livermore, CASent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "howe395 via groups.io" <howe395...> Date: 2/3/21 4:14 PM (GMT-08:00) To: <calbirds...>, Alvaro Jaramillo <chucao...> Subject: Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed
My memory is such that I can only remember three bird banding codes at any one time.  Hence, I have chosen the following three:  SORA, SMEW, RUFF.Andrew <Howehowe395...>

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 03:16:33 PM PST, Alvaro Jaramillo <chucao...> wrote:

Ken   I missed the original confusion. But overall I think it is never a good idea to use the 4 letter codes to communicate in a public forum. The codes are great if you are taking personal notes. In a public forum they can confuse, but even more importantly they can turn off the newer birder who doesn’t know about all of this stuff. I think any gates/hurdles/friction there is out there to get more into the fold needs to be tempered, in other words lets make it clear and easy for those who are new at this. Thanks for the run through on the codes though, it highlights both of the above points 😊 Alvaro  Alvaro <Jaramilloalvaro...>  From: <CALBIRDS...> <CALBIRDS...> On Behalf Of Ken BurtonSent: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 2:35 PMTo: <CALBIRDS...>: Re: [CALBIRDS] Broad-billed, not Broad-tailed  Wayne is right, these reports were in rarity alerts and unconfirmed.  Wayne is not right, however, that eBird rarity reports are ALWAYS unconfirmed; they are unconfirmed only until they are either confirmed or rejected.It may be worth following up on the codes I used in my initial post.  Until recently, BTAH was the official code for Broad-tailed Hummingbird to avoid conflict with Blue-throated Hummingbird (BTHH).  However, as was brought to my attention today, the latter species was renamed Blue-throated Mountain-gem (BTMG), freeing up BTHU for Broad-tailed.  BTAH is now the code for Blue-tailed Hummingbird, and it goes without saying that there isn't one of those in Davis.  The code for Broad-billed Hummingbird is (still) BBIH to avoid conflict with Buff-bellied Hummingbird (BBEH).I hope that's clearer than mud.Ken

Back to top
Date: 2/7/21 11:52 am
From: Lucas Corneliussen <Lucascorneliussen04...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] Lake Almanor, Plumas County Sightings
Hi All

Over the last couple of days I have been doing some birding around the Lake Almanor area and have been seeing some very interesting birds for Plumas County. Yesterday I was birding by myself and did a long Lake watch and was able to see, 8 Pacific Loons, a Red-necked Grebe, a distant White-winged Scoter and the continuing Mew Gull from Hamilton Branch.

This morning, I met up with Frances Oliver and Linda Pittman and we decided to bird around the general Lake Almanor area in search of some of their Plumas County needs and while searching for Pacific Loons at the very tip of the Lake Almanor Peninsula, a *Snow Bunting* (2nd County Record) dropped in and landed on the rocks for a few minutes, where we were able to get spectacular looks and photos before it took off towards the Causeway. The bird was last seen flying west over the lake and could still be relocated somewhere on the west shore of the lake. We then headed over to Hamilton Branch in search of the Mew Gulls, which we later saw, as well as a Red necked Grebe which was a nice spot by Frances. The three of us then ran over to the causeway in the hopes of finding a Trumpeter Swan (no success) but instead found a *Lapland Longspur* sitting on the ice out with the waterfowl. Mostly backlit photos but good looks at the bird in the scope. Along with the longspur, there were over 2000 Tundra Swans and a Eurasian Wigeon visible from the causeway as well as many other species of waterfowl. An absolutely FANTASTIC winter morning on Lake Almanor. Photos of

Good Birding!

Lucas Corneliussen
Marin County

Back to top
Date: 2/3/21 11:17 pm
From: Wayne Weber <contopus...>
A minor correction: eBird alert reports are NEARLY always unconfirmed at the time they are sent out. In my experience, fewer than 10% of such reports have been reviewed and accepted by eBird editors at the time they are sent out. This applies to eBird alerts that are sent out on a daily basis.

On the other hand, if you receive hourly eBird alerts (as I know many of you do), I would estimate that about 98% of them are unconfirmed. For hourly reports, there simply hasn’t been time for the sightings to be reviewed and accepted yet, even if correct.

Another point to note: there are no “official” 4-letter codes for bird names. There are several different systems of 4-letter codes, none of which is used universally. Ken, which system are you referring to? Is it the system of bird-banding codes used by the US Fish & Wildlife Service, or some other system?

Many email groups prohibit the use of 4-letter codes, first of all because many or most of the participants do not know what they mean (Alvaro is bang on!), and second, because they keep changing whenever English names change. The name change Ken refers to is a perfect example. The use of 4-letter codes does not help communication among birders; it hinders it. Please, let’s avoid them.

Wayne C. Weber

Delta, BC, Canada

<contopus...>

Date: 2/3/21 4:44 pm
From: Chuck & Lillian via groups.io <misclists...>
I know I've written this before, but I think that
when the first mention of the bird is the full
name, immediately followed by the four-letter
code, thereafter using the (SAME!) code is OK as it reduces the typing.

This is (or used to be) standard procedure in
just about any writing where abbreviations or
acronyms are used. If you do this, you can even
use an incorrect 4-letter code and people will
(should) know which bird you really mean.

But fools will always find the fault in any fool-proof method.
Chuck Almdale
North Hills, Ca.

At 03:16 PM 2/3/2021, Alvaro Jaramillo wrote:

>Ken
>
> I missed the original confusion. But
>overall I think it is never a good idea to use
>the 4 letter codes to communicate in a public
>forum. The codes are great if you are taking
>personal notes. In a public forum they can
>confuse, but even more importantly they can turn
>off the newer birder who doesn’t know about
>all of this stuff. I think any
>gates/hurdles/friction there is out there to get
>more into the fold needs to be tempered, in
>other words lets make it clear and easy for
>those who are new at this. Thanks for the run
>through on the codes though, it highlights both of the above points
>
>Alvaro
>Alvaro Jaramillo
><mailto:<alvaro...><alvaro...>
>www.alvarosadventures.com

Back to top

Date: 2/3/21 3:22 pm
From: Ken Burton <shrikethree...>
My general practice is to insert codes into the body of a post to help
familiarize people with them ('cause they're so absurdly useful) but only
after putting the full names into the subject line.

KEBU

Back to top

Date: 2/3/21 3:03 pm
From: Kimball Garrett <kgarrett...>
You've gotta love four-letter codes! Regarding BTMG, how do you tell a
Blue-throated Mountain-Gem from a Black-throated Magpie-Jay???

KLG

Kimball L. Garrett
Ornithology Collections Manager
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90007 USA
213-763-3368
<kgarrett...>

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 2:34 PM Ken Burton <shrikethree...> wrote:

> Wayne is right, these reports were in rarity alerts and unconfirmed.
> Wayne is not right, however, that eBird rarity reports are ALWAYS
> unconfirmed; they are unconfirmed only until they are either confirmed or
> rejected.
>
> It may be worth following up on the codes I used in my initial post.
> Until recently, BTAH was the official code for Broad-tailed Hummingbird to
> avoid conflict with Blue-throated Hummingbird (BTHH). However, as was
> brought to my attention today, the latter species was renamed Blue-throated
> Mountain-gem (BTMG), freeing up BTHU for Broad-tailed. BTAH is now the
> code for Blue-tailed Hummingbird, and it goes without saying that there
> isn't one of those in Davis. The code for Broad-billed Hummingbird is
> (still) BBIH to avoid conflict with Buff-bellied Hummingbird (BBEH).
>
> I hope that's clearer than mud.
>
> Ken

Back to top
Date: 2/3/21 2:52 pm
From: Bruce Deuel <bdeuel...>
I know I'm in a small minority, but these "collisions" are the reason I use 6-letter codes in all my notes:
Broad-tailed Hummingbird = BRTHUM
Broad-billed Hummingbird = BRBHUM
Buff-bellied Hummingbird = BUBHUM
Blue-throated Hummingbird = BLTHUM (the originator of the code uses BU for blue to avoid collisions with black)
That still would leave a collision with Blue-tailed Hummingbird, if Blue-throated Hummingbird still existed. Anyway, it mostly avoids having to memorize the Banding Office's inventions for collisions. (I certainly don't expect anyone to change, the banding codes are too well entrenched.)
Cheers,
Bruce Deuel
Red Bluff, CA

Date: 2/1/21 6:54 pm
From: Wayne Weber <contopus...>
California Birders,

I presume that the “eBird reports” Ken refers to were reports on an eBird alert-- not confirmed reports.

This should be a reminder to everyone that reports of unusual birds by way of eBird alerts are always UNCONFIRMED. Acting on these reports, without seeking confirmation of the species ID first, is always on a “buyer beware” basis— you may be acting on incorrect information.

Here in British Columbia where I live, I have received eBird alerts in the last 24 hours about a Red-shouldered Hawk and a Swainson’s Hawk, both of these obviously in error.

Caveat emptor, everyone!

Wayne Weber

Delta, BC, Canada

<contopus...>

Date: 2/1/21 5:32 pm
From: Kimball Garrett <kgarrett...>
Ken,

This Broad-billed vs. Broad-tailed Hummingbird confusion has occurred many
times in the past, and was part of the rationale for my submitting a
proposal to the AOS North American Classification Committee to change the
English name of the former to Broad-billed Emerald. More importantly, this
species (*Cynanthus latirostris*) is solidly embedded in the "emerald
clade" of hummingbirds, and essentially all of its close relatives are
called "emeralds" rather than "hummingbirds." The AOS-NACC will take up
this proposal later this year (along with a host of other English name
proposals submitted for reasons other than clarity or biology).

Kimball

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 3:03 PM Ken Burton <shrikethree...> wrote:

> I just drove from Mill Valley to Davis based on TWO eBird reports of a
> BTAH "seen and photograph (*sic*) by many" only to discover that it was
> in fact a misreported BBIH.
>
> Just so we're all on the same page, the bill is in the front, the tail is
> in the back.
>
> In the hope of thwarting any further mishaps on either end, there is no
> BTAH.
>
> Not amused,
>
> Ken Burton
> Mill Valley

Back to top

Date: 2/1/21 12:39 pm
From: Paul Keller <496psk...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] Mexican Duck
Several birders saw the supposed Mexican Duck Sunday late morning at Carr Park (16532 Springdale St (exit 19 on 405 south) Huntington Beach 92647). It was on the east shore of the pond island. At about 11:30am it walked behind thick vegetation completely out of sight. Parking in on Springdale St. Also present a Eurasian Wigeon drake. There were perhaps hundreds of American Wigeon and nearly all of them were drakes.

Paul Keller
Vandenberg Village SBA

Back to top
Date: 1/30/21 11:46 pm
From: Ryan Winkleman <rswinkleman...>
Subject: Re: [CALBIRDS] Mexican Duck
All,

The record that Al Borodayko is referring to is a Mexican Duck candidate that Jim Pike found at Carr Park in Huntington Beach, Orange County on January 25. His original listserv post is here: https://groups.io/g/OrangeCountyBirding/message/15299, with a follow-up here: https://groups.io/g/OrangeCountyBirding/message/15315. In order to allow people to more easily study photos of the bird without having to do roundabout ways of finding them, our local review team has decided to accept records of the bird in eBird at this time. However, as noted in Kimball's recent post, the record will still need to be evaluated for acceptance by the CBRC. Should the CBRC reject the Orange County record as a pure specimen, eBird records will be subsequently invalidated for consistency. If the bird is accepted, it would represent the first record for Orange County and our 495th species.

For those who chase after this bird and report it to eBird, please use the Carr Park hotspot so that we don't have dots everywhere. It's a very small park and the bird is in the same spot every day. Also, if you don't include photographs, due to the similarity with female Mallards and the notability of the record, please include a description of what the bird actually looked like so that we can be sure you saw the correct bird.

Thank you!
--
Ryan Winkleman
Rancho Santa Margarita, "Good Ol'' Orange County

Back to top
Date: 1/30/21 2:26 pm
From: borodayko <adboro...>
Greetings,

I posted a photo of the candidate Mexican Duck from Carr Park, Huntington Beach, Orange County in the "Mexican Duck Candidate" photo folder. There is a similar photo (slightly different angle) in the Orange County groups io  site. Photographed this morning, Saturday.

Enjoy, Al Borodayko
Cypress, CA

Back to top
Date: 1/29/21 5:35 pm
From: Kimball Garrett <kgarrett...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] News from the California Bird Records Committee
The California Bird Records Committee (CBRC) held its annual meeting online
on January 15-16, 2021.

The terms of Dan Singer, Jim Pike, and Peter Pyle expired.

Chris Howard, Rob Fowler, and Justyn Stahl were elected through 2023. Stahl
was elected as CBRC Chair, and Ryan Terrill was elected Vice-Chair.

Tom Benson was re-elected as CBRC Secretary.

The only change to the Review List was the removal of Broad-billed
Hummingbird (*Cynanthus latirostris*). As always, details and
photo/audio-documentation in eBird submissions and reports to *North
American Birds* county editors are always helpful for species recently
removed from the Review List and for all unusual sightings. But
Broad-billed Hummingbird reports no longer need to be submitted to the
CBRC.

No species were added to the Review List, but the CBRC solicits
documentation for any Mexican Ducks (*Anas diazi*) observed in California.
This recently-split species will be added to the state list and the review
list once the Committee has accepted a record for the state.

The 44th report (2018 records) was published in *Western Birds *last year. The
45th report (2019 records) will be published in the next issue of *Western
Birds*. The 46th report (2020 records) should be published near the end of
2021. The 44th report is available on the CBRC website
<https://www.californiabirds.org/> now and the 45th report will be
available on the website shortly after publication.

Joe Morlan has updated the CBRC website (see link above) to reflect these
changes.

Kimball

(occasional CBRC spokesperson)

Date: 1/25/21 12:45 pm
From: Elizabeth Gillogly <ekgillogly...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] Talk by Teen Birder This Thursday
Hi, CA Birder Friends!

We live in Auburn, and my teenage daughter, Fiona Gillogly, is an avid
birder and nature journaler (aka field sketching). She is giving a free
talk online this Thursday, Jan 28 at 6pm as part of the Birdy Hour Speaker
Series with the San Francisco Bay Bird Observatory. Her talk is called: "
<https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MTA1Njg2>Taken Under Their
Wings: How Chickens and Supportive Mentors Launched My Passion for Birding
and Nature Journaling."
<https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MTA1Njg2> Fiona will
discuss her journey as a birder and nature journaler, and she will also
share some stories of those who have been key mentors on her birding
journey (which includes some folks on this list!)

You may have heard Fiona speak the past 3 years at the Central Valley Bird
Symposium, when, as the opening act for the Saturday dinner keynote
speaker, she shared stories and her nature journal pages from the teen
birding camps she was able to attend thanks to the CVBC Youth Birding
Scholarships she has received. And we know that many on this list have
contributed to those scholarships, so THANK YOU for your support. It has
been such a transformative experience for her to spend time with others her
age who are as crazy about birds as she is!

Here is more info on Fiona: https://www.fionasongbird.com/naturalist.html

Here is the link to the event--it is free but registration is required.
(You can also make an optional donation to SFBBO.):
https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MTA1Njg2
<https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MTA1Njg2?fbclid=IwAR1n9y2X2mGVFblaVz1B7KtdOYFNtxpsqc2g7ByIk8nE_XHecZ8gMJnIWIM>

If you are unable to attend, the recording will be posted in a week or so
on this page (scroll to the bottom of the page):
https://www.sfbbo.org/birdy.html

There are lots of fantastic past talks already archived there as well, so
you may want to check them out.

Happy Birding!

Beth Kelley Gillogly