rv-birds
Received From Subject
10/18/17 1:34 pm kate Mckenzie <katemckenz...> [RV Birds] Lithia Park Varied Thrushes
10/18/17 12:07 pm Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...> [RV Birds] Nice eBird "incidentals": 2 Prairie Falcon and a Golden Eagle
10/16/17 2:54 pm Romain Cooper <romain...> [RV Birds] Josephine Co, Illinois valley purple finch fox sparrow
10/16/17 2:49 pm Harry Fuller <atowhee...> [RV Birds] Images of Great Gray Owl from La Pine State Park
10/10/17 9:31 pm 'Shannonrio' via Rogue Valley Birds <rv-birds...> [RV Birds] hi from shannon and a question about poorwills
10/10/17 5:37 pm Harry Fuller <atowhee...> [RV Birds] guarantee you will see a Great Gray Owl
10/7/17 6:36 pm Lee French <golola77...> [RV Birds] Better than the news...
10/7/17 2:50 pm Janet Kelly <chamkell...> [RV Birds] FOS
10/6/17 12:29 pm Harry Fuller <atowhee...> [RV Birds] A day with a Malheur expert
10/4/17 7:43 pm frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...> [RV Birds] Lost Creek Reservoir birds ,10.04.17
10/4/17 9:55 am Jeff Tufts <jctufts33...> [RV Birds] First of season (?) White-throated Sparrow in Ashland....Guess where
10/2/17 1:18 pm Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...> [RV Birds] Can a power line pole be an eBird Hotspot?
10/1/17 6:21 pm <kirkpat...> <kirkpat...> Re: [RV Birds] Turkey Vultures turnaround
10/1/17 6:15 pm Dick Ashford <dicka...> [RV Birds] Turkey Vultures turnaround
9/30/17 3:50 am Jeff Tufts <jctufts33...> [RV Birds] Re: need ID help
9/30/17 3:38 am Jeffrey Tufts <jctufts33...> Re: [RV Birds] need ID help
9/29/17 8:08 pm Janet Kelly <CHAMKELL...> [RV Birds] need ID help
9/29/17 7:03 pm Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...> [RV Birds] Golden Eagle in the golden light just before sunset
9/29/17 7:44 am Jeff Tufts <jctufts33...> [RV Birds] Birds and Fires
9/28/17 10:16 am Elizabeth <tattypoo2000...> [RV Birds] Chestnut-backed Chickadees
9/27/17 9:42 am Romain Cooper <romain...> [RV Birds] josephine county Lewis's Woodpeckers
9/27/17 8:56 am frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...> [RV Birds] California Thrasher report from May
9/27/17 8:00 am linda <linda...> [RV Birds] Pine Siskins
9/26/17 3:13 pm Harry Fuller <atowhee...> [RV Birds] Ashland screech-owl nesting in box--video
9/26/17 11:08 am Coprolitemergie <kristi...> [RV Birds] Re: three Great Grays, many Gray Jays, but a bright day in Jackson County
9/25/17 9:12 pm Evan Barrientos <barrientosevan...> [RV Birds] Mt. Bailey/Silent Springs Trails Sept 23
9/25/17 4:01 pm Harry Fuller <atowhee...> [RV Birds] Cascades birds: gallery and checklist from Sept. 24
9/25/17 3:57 pm Dennis Vroman <dpvroman...> [RV Birds] Kentucky Warbler description
9/25/17 12:59 pm Dennis Vroman <dpvroman...> [RV Birds] Jo Co Kentucky Warbler
9/25/17 9:51 am Janet Kelly <chamkell...> [RV Birds] GWF Geese
9/24/17 10:27 pm Harry Fuller <atowhee...> [RV Birds] three Great Grays, many Gray Jays, but a bright day in Jackson County
9/24/17 12:13 pm Yvonne McDonald <freyavik...> [RV Birds] Barred Owl
9/23/17 2:50 pm Harry Fuller <atowhee...> [RV Birds] A great TV show today in Ashland
9/22/17 9:55 pm Harry Fuller <atowhee...> [RV Birds] Green Heron at Coburg; shorebirds at Emigrant Lake
9/22/17 5:56 pm Lee French <golola77...> [RV Birds] Shee...what a grouse!
9/22/17 12:03 pm rdm <wsjaybird...> [RV Birds] Gold-crowned Sparrows returned
9/21/17 7:57 pm Lee French <golola77...> [RV Birds] Heard only
9/20/17 6:37 pm Romain Cooper <romain...> [RV Birds] Takilma, Illinois Valley bird news
9/20/17 2:12 pm frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...> [RV Birds] Emigrant birds 09/20
9/18/17 2:48 pm Harry Fuller <atowhee...> [RV Birds] Eastern Oregon gallery, inc. Summer Lake

Back to top
Date: 10/18/17 1:34 pm
From: kate Mckenzie <katemckenz...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Lithia Park Varied Thrushes
I saw 2 V. Thrushes this morning while delighting in the fall colors in the
park. I haven't seen any for a long time, and wonder about their migration
pattern, as I mostly remember seeing them in the winter.

Kate McKenzie

Back to top
Date: 10/18/17 12:07 pm
From: Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Nice eBird "incidentals": 2 Prairie Falcon and a Golden Eagle
http://ebird.org/ebird/pnw/view/checklist/S39996202
One PRFA flew over and landed in a dead oak near the top of the hill across
the road... then I saw 2 of them diving on each other... not sure what the
final outcome was because I got distracted by a Golden Eagle flying over
the house.

Back to top
Date: 10/16/17 2:54 pm
From: Romain Cooper <romain...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Josephine Co, Illinois valley purple finch fox sparrow
Oct 16 -2017 - Josephine Co, OR - Illinois Valley

I observed several Purple Finch feeding on the (very) red berries of
a native honeysuckle Lonicera hispidula this morning.

There is an "invasion" of Sooty Fox Sparrow at our
place. Anecdotally, more than we have experienced in the past. 7 at
our feeder and many more in our garden area.

In the last week, we have heard Saw-Whet and Western Screech (along
with the ubiquitous Barred) Owls vocalizing at night. First time we
have heard a Western Screech Owl in months (& this was our most
commonly heard owl species several years ago). We are suspicious
that the Barred Owls are effecting local screech owl populations.

http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.1898/nwn11-21.1

cheers, RC

Romain Cooper
10398 Takilma Road
Cave Junction, OR 97523
541-592-2311

Back to top
Date: 10/16/17 2:49 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Images of Great Gray Owl from La Pine State Park
https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2017/10/16/la-pine-state-park-two-great-gray-owls/

--
Harry Fuller
author of *Great Gray Owls of CA-OR-WA*, see:

Back to top
Date: 10/10/17 9:31 pm
From: 'Shannonrio' via Rogue Valley Birds <rv-birds...>
Subject: [RV Birds] hi from shannon and a question about poorwills
i work at badger run rehab center in keno on mondays. a poorwill came in with unknown injuries about a month ago. in the last week it seems to have entered fall hibernation. the director, liz, is keeping it in a dark and quiet place. she has tried to contact everyone she knows about how to handle this situation but cannot find anyone who has any experience. this poorwill would have naturally migrated and hibernated in a more southern climate but here it is. she is looking for advisement. it weighs 40 grams, not much and she is worried about disturbing in any ways where it might lose weight. would any of you have advice or an idea for where we could get some advice? shannon rio

Back to top
Date: 10/10/17 5:37 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [RV Birds] guarantee you will see a Great Gray Owl
indoors, despite any rain, in Medford, in a series of paintings
https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2017/10/10/guarantee-you-will-see-a-great-gray-owl/

Date: 10/7/17 6:36 pm
From: Lee French <golola77...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Better than the news...
.....while watching the local news this evening my wife spotted a Mountain
Quail strolling by on our rock wall just outside. Turned out to be a covey
of nine birds. The last time we had Mtn Quail was on 10/7/15. Just like
that time, this evening's birds appeared to be youngsters.

Back to top
Date: 10/7/17 2:50 pm
From: Janet Kelly <chamkell...>
Subject: [RV Birds] FOS
Heard my first of season VARIED THRUSH! Can’t wait to see it!

Janet

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 10/6/17 12:29 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [RV Birds] A day with a Malheur expert
This happened in early September and I am just now getting my notes
organized:

https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2017/10/06/malheur-101-a-day-with-duncan/

Date: 10/4/17 7:43 pm
From: frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Lost Creek Reservoir birds ,10.04.17
Hi-

Had a chance to stop by the Medco A flats this afternoon . There was a
PACIFIC LOON with 3 or 4 Common Loons on the lake. A lone HORNED LARK was
loosely associating with a flock of sharp looking Savannah Sparrows and a
few American Pipits. There was a BONAPARTE'S GULL , a lone GREATER SCAUP,
15-20 EARED GREBES with at least 1 HORNED GREBE. The Red-necked Grebes that
Janet found last week may still be out there as I spied a couple of likely
suspects but alas they were beyond the resolving power of my scope
especially with heat wave distortion. There was a good number of Coots and
Ruddy Ducks along with 140 American Wigeon, Northern Shoveler,
,Green-winged Teal, Cinnamon Teal, Lesser Scaup, Bufflehead and Common
Merganser.. A few GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE and a couple of CACKLING
GEESE loafed with the Canada Geese.

good birding,

frank

Back to top
Date: 10/4/17 9:55 am
From: Jeff Tufts <jctufts33...>
Subject: [RV Birds] First of season (?) White-throated Sparrow in Ashland....Guess where
Yup, it was at Ashland Pond. Had to be. Cecile Shohet and I spent about
an hour circling the pond early this morning. The White-throated was close
to a Fox Sparrow in a blackberry thicket on the creek side of the pond.
The Fox Sparrow was one of about half a dozen that we saw and/or heard
around the pond.

Also of interest was a small (six or seven) flock of Orange-crowned
Warblers foraging in the willows at the west end of the pond.

Only one bird on the water: a male Wood Duck.

Several White-crowned Sparrows were mixing it up with House Sparrows in the
willows right at the end of Glendower.

Jeff Tufts
Medford

Back to top
Date: 10/2/17 1:18 pm
From: Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Can a power line pole be an eBird Hotspot?
Today it was a Lewis's Woodpecker added to a long list of perchers on the
pole near the house.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/136435824@N03/23607837778/in/dateposted/

Back to top
Date: 10/1/17 6:21 pm
From: <kirkpat...> <kirkpat...>
Subject: Re: [RV Birds] Turkey Vultures turnaround
I'd hesitate before going down to California, too.
Anon
:-)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 1, 2017, at 6:15 PM, Dick Ashford <dicka...> wrote:
>
> From my deck in SE Ashland, I observed 80+ Turkey Vultures heading WNW at 6 PM. The field of view from my house is limited, so there might have been more. I suspect they decided not to head for CA and were looking for a night roost. Interestingly, my previous Ashland residence overlooked Clay Creek Canyon where I would regularly see large groups of vultures roost during fall migration. That's the direction these birds were heading...
>

> Cheers,
> Dick
> --
> --

Back to top
Date: 10/1/17 6:15 pm
From: Dick Ashford <dicka...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Turkey Vultures turnaround
From my deck in SE Ashland, I observed 80+ Turkey Vultures heading WNW at 6 PM. The field of view from my house is limited, so there might have been more. I suspect they decided not to head for CA and were looking for a night roost. Interestingly, my previous Ashland residence overlooked Clay Creek Canyon where I would regularly see large groups of vultures roost during fall migration. That's the direction these birds were heading...

Cheers,DickSent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Back to top
Date: 9/30/17 3:50 am
From: Jeff Tufts <jctufts33...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Re: need ID help

On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 8:08:03 PM UTC-7, Janet Kelly wrote:

> At around 2pm at Lost Creek Lake (Medco A access) today I saw these birds.
> They were pretty far out but managed these photos. Not so great but any
> help to ID the gull would be appreciated and maybe there is a RED-NECKED
> GREBE in there?...An EARED GREBE for sure.
>

> Thanks,
> Janet Kelly
> Medford

Back to top
Date: 9/30/17 3:38 am
From: Jeffrey Tufts <jctufts33...>
Subject: Re: [RV Birds] need ID help
Janet--

Well, here are my "slightly educated guesses." Far left bird is
Bonaparte's Gull and far right bird is Red-necked Grebe. Smallest bird
(second from left in 1st photo, second from right in 2nd photo) is an Eared
Grebe. The other (second from right in 1st photo, second from left in 2nd
photo) could be another Red-necked Grebe although it's tough to even get a
good idea of is size). Hope they're still around Sunday when I'm out
there.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Janet Kelly <CHAMKELL...> wrote:

> At around 2pm at Lost Creek Lake (Medco A access) today I saw these birds.
> They were pretty far out but managed these photos. Not so great but any
> help to ID the gull would be appreciated and maybe there is a RED-NECKED
> GREBE in there?...An EARED GREBE for sure.
>

> Thanks,
> Janet Kelly
> Medford
>
> --
> --

Back to top

Date: 9/29/17 7:03 pm
From: Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Golden Eagle in the golden light just before sunset
I watched this Golden Eagle fly into an oak across the street as I had my
feet up relaxing on the deck. I grabbed my camera and hurried to get a bit
closer before the light disappeared.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/136435824@N03/37353507226/in/dateposted/

Back to top
Date: 9/29/17 7:44 am
From: Jeff Tufts <jctufts33...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Birds and Fires
If you don't read the Medford Mail-Tribune, you're probably missing some
wonderful bird columns by longtime RVAS member Stewart Janes. Great
example is today's submission about how various species are impacted by
wildfires. The columns appear once a month in the Friday Outdoor section.
Here's a link to today's column.

http://www.mailtribune.com/entertainmentlife/20170929/birds-eye-view-fires-lead-to-feathered-winners-and-losers

Back to top
Date: 9/28/17 10:16 am
From: Elizabeth <tattypoo2000...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Chestnut-backed Chickadees
There were 3 chestnut-backed chickadees in my bird bath this morning. I live on South Stage Road between Medford and Jacksonville, a little east of the Seventh Day Adventist School.

Liz Northrup

Back to top
Date: 9/27/17 9:42 am
From: Romain Cooper <romain...>
Subject: [RV Birds] josephine county Lewis's Woodpeckers
Yesterday (9/26/2017), I observed (2) Lewis's Woodpeckers midway
along Rockydale Road, Illinois Valley, Josephine County, OR. The
woodpeckers were in the extensive buckbrush (Ceanothus cuneatus)
patch. Lewis's WP have been spotted here before and this site is the
only one in the Illinois Valley (that I know) where in some years the
birds have stuck around all winter. Lewis's are spotty in the
Illinois Valley except for a few "irruptive" autumns when they are
more common and even seen in some big flocks. Been a while since one
of the "irruptive" years.

Romain Cooper
10398 Takilma Road
Cave Junction, OR 97523
541-592-2311

Back to top
Date: 9/27/17 8:56 am
From: frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...>
Subject: [RV Birds] California Thrasher report from May
Last night at the Rogue Valley Audubon meeting, Ray Stanford who lives with
his wife Kit at the Rogue Valley Manor reported seeing a pair of
CALIFORNIA THRASHERS on their deck this spring in May. The birds only
visited one time for 10 minutes. No photos. Ray gave me a copy of his
description. I will submit it to OBRC for inclusion in the state records.

Thanks to Ray for sharing his observation!

good birding,
frank

Back to top
Date: 9/27/17 8:00 am
From: linda <linda...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Pine Siskins

There's a mixed flock of Pine Siskins and both Lesser and American Goldfinch at our feeders this morning

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Back to top
Date: 9/26/17 3:13 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Ashland screech-owl nesting in box--video
Eggs did not hatch. also great video of the Patagonian Hooded Grebe and
its spectacular courtship dance...makes our Westerns look sedate and
staid...
https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2017/09/26/bird-videos-nesting-owls-dancing-grebes/

Date: 9/26/17 11:08 am
From: Coprolitemergie <kristi...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Re: three Great Grays, many Gray Jays, but a bright day in Jackson County
I detected (saw two) three Great Gray Owls and a ton of Gray Jays this
weekend too, off the Wagner Butte Trail. Frank Lospalluto got some good
pics of a juvenile owl.

Date: 9/25/17 9:12 pm
From: Evan Barrientos <barrientosevan...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Mt. Bailey/Silent Springs Trails Sept 23
There was a surprising amount of bird activity on the Silent Springs and
Mt. Bailey Trails in Umpqua National Forest last Saturday. Highlights:

- Amazing looks at a female BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKER
- A juvenile AMERICAN DIPPER bathing and foraging at the Silent Creek
Trailhead
- FOX SPARROWS (Sooty)
- Three mixed feeding flocks, one included MOUNTAIN CHICKADEES

Full checklists below.

Good birding!

Evan Barrientos

www.natlens.wordpress.com

Umpqua NF--Silent Creek Trail, Douglas, Oregon, US
Sep 23, 2017 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: Temp: 55F. Light breeze. Mostly cloudy. Vegetation still lush
along creek. Lots of bird activity.
9 species

Common Merganser (North American) 2
Gray Jay (Pacific) 3
Pacific Wren 4
American Dipper 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet X
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's) 8
Dark-eyed Junco (Oregon) 8
Golden-crowned Sparrow 2
Song Sparrow 3

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/
checklist/S39396711

Umpqua NF--Mt. Bailey Trail, Douglas, Oregon, US
Sep 23, 2017 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: Temp: 55F. Cloudy. Light breeze. Low bird activity.
11 species

Black-backed Woodpecker 1 Pecking bark off a small dead lodgepole pine.
Northern Flicker (Red-shafted) 2
Gray Jay (Pacific) 2
Clark's Nutcracker 2
Common Raven X
Mountain Chickadee 3
Red-breasted Nuthatch 2
Golden-crowned Kinglet 6
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's) 8
Fox Sparrow (Sooty) 2
Dark-eyed Junco (Oregon) X

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/
checklist/S39396748

Back to top
Date: 9/25/17 4:01 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Cascades birds: gallery and checklist from Sept. 24
Lewis's Woodpecker tries out as shorfbird, fails
Audubon Warblers on the move
https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2017/09/25/birds-were-cascading-all-around/

Date: 9/25/17 3:57 pm
From: Dennis Vroman <dpvroman...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Kentucky Warbler description
Below is my KENTUCKY WARBER description/write-up that I summited to the rare birds records committee. Believe it or not! Dennis

Bird observed was a Warbler. The most striking plumage feature was the contracting black and yellow pattern of the bird's face when the bill was pointed at me. The throat was pure yellow with black that ran from the base of the bill, under and behind the eye and then down edge of the throat (both sides) to about where the wing shoulder began thus, a sharp black/yellow face/throat pattern. The eye was noticeable, due to a somewhat narrow yellow stripe, beginning at the base of the bill, running above the eye and extended a short distance behind it (kind of a "spectacle" look). The throat, breast, belly were yellow; sides were a yellow-olive. The upper parts were a uniform, solid olive color with no marking or wingbars. Crown appeared a somewhat darker olive. Other then the face pattern, the bird's plumage was pretty plain with no outstanding contrasts. Was not able to see the undertail coverts during the observation period, never saw the back end of the bird. The bird's tail was relatively short compared to its overall length. Bill appears to be mostly dark.

The bird never move very far above the ground (perhaps 3-4 foot at the most). Landed on the ground a couple of times; moved about in short distances. The bird seemed to have the habit of leaning forward, head downward and tail elevated. This behavior provided great views of the crown, back and tail, which was short. Also, when in this position, the bird appear to be pretty "chunky," That is, its side noticeable protruded from the head.

Back to top
Date: 9/25/17 12:59 pm
From: Dennis Vroman <dpvroman...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Jo Co Kentucky Warbler
Found a KENTUCKY WARBLER along the irrigation channel east of the Grange Co-op out Hwy 199 (west of Grants Pass) this morning. All my attempts to make it into a Common Yellowthroat didn't work.

I'm not sure that the bird hung around, but it still might be out there. No photo, need to do a write up on it and will sent it out in another message.

Dennis (north of Grants Pass)

Back to top
Date: 9/25/17 9:51 am
From: Janet Kelly <chamkell...>
Subject: [RV Birds] GWF Geese
Flying high over south Medford

Janet Kelly

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top

Date: 9/24/17 12:13 pm
From: Yvonne McDonald <freyavik...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Barred Owl
Yesterday along Big Elk Road across from Daley Creek Campground a Barred Owl perched and hunting. We watched it for over 30 minutes.
Yvonne
<freyavik...>

Back to top
Date: 9/23/17 2:50 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [RV Birds] A great TV show today in Ashland
TV kettles as the birds climb for the escape to warm southland
https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2017/09/23/watching-the-ultimate-tv-show/

Date: 9/22/17 9:55 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Green Heron at Coburg; shorebirds at Emigrant Lake
https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2017/09/22/coburg-heron-emigrant-lake-shorebirds/

Date: 9/22/17 5:56 pm
From: Lee French <golola77...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Shee...what a grouse!
While driving the last stretch to Grizzly Peak today I spotted 2 Ruffed
Grouse on the side of the road. They were posturing at each other and then
engaged in a spirited kerfuffle. Don't know what the dust-up was about but
one finally took flight to end the round.

Also, the Grizzly Peak hike was loaded with birds. Can't tell you what most
them were however as I left all optics behind in order for the heart rate
to have a chance to climb above it's usual "birder level".

Back to top
Date: 9/22/17 12:03 pm
From: rdm <wsjaybird...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Gold-crowned Sparrows returned
Sept. 22, two Gold-crowned sparrows were at our feeders in the Phoenix
Hills Subdivision today--first ones of the season.
Lately the number of CA Scrub Jays coming for food has more than doubled.
Check out the article in today's New York Times about Praying Mantis
waiting at hummingbird feeders to eat the birds.
*http://tinyurl.com/y928q9l4*

Robert

Back to top
Date: 9/21/17 7:57 pm
From: Lee French <golola77...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Heard only
A flock of White-Fronted Geese from my Ashland home today.

Back to top
Date: 9/20/17 6:37 pm
From: Romain Cooper <romain...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Takilma, Illinois Valley bird news
At home and nearby: Takilma area off the valley floor, upper Illinois
Valley, Josephine County OR
* White-Fronted Geese flying over - 9/19 & 20/ 2017
* First of Season Golden Crowned Sparrow & Sooty Fox Sparrow - 9/ 15
* Wilson Snipe (2) - 9/20 - unusual at our place but they visit now & then
* N. Pygmy Owl vocalizing several evenings - 9/14, etc.
* Several Black- Throated Gray and Orange Crowned Warblers,
Cassin's Vireos, Western Wood Peewee migrants (& 1 Olive Sided
Flycatcher) last week but haven't seen any in the last since 9/12

Romain Cooper
10398 Takilma Road
Cave Junction, OR 97523
541-592-2311

Back to top
Date: 9/20/17 2:12 pm
From: frank lospalluto <fdlospalluto...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Emigrant birds 09/20
Late this morning there was a large group of Greater Yellowlegs with a few
Lesser Yellowlegs and a flock of Long-billed Dowitchers.

A small flock of peeps that included 1 Sanderling and 3 Semipalmated
Plovers.

A few American Pipits patrolled the mud .

Overhead a large skein of Greater White-fronted Geese sounded summer's end.

A Peregrine raising hell in rain and wind.

good birding ,
frank

Back to top
Date: 9/18/17 2:48 pm