klamathbasinbirdnews
Received From Subject
9/25/22 1:30 pm <rriparia...> [KlamathBasinBirdNews] What was seen during Patty Buettner Memorial Hawk Watch
9/21/22 8:40 pm Barry West <bwestphd...> [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Re: Brown Pelican
9/20/22 10:56 am Mary Williams Hyde <mary...> [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Brown Pelican
9/18/22 8:51 pm <rriparia...> [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Patty Buettner Memorial Hawk Watch contributions
9/18/22 7:29 pm <rriparia...> [KlamathBasinBirdNews] A Number of Birds
9/12/22 7:01 pm <loree...> <loree...> Re: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Abridged summary of - 4 updates in 2 topics
9/11/22 7:39 pm <rriparia...> RE: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] What is this bird?
9/11/22 7:39 pm 'kirsten potter' via Klamath Basin Bird News <klamathbasinbirdnews...> Re: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] What is this bird?
9/11/22 7:20 am Molly Russell <russellx1...> [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Raptor Routes open this winter in the Basin
9/5/22 4:51 pm Mary Hyde <mary...> Re: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Putnam's Point Otters
9/5/22 4:16 pm Howard West <howardoutwest...> Re: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Putnam's Point Otters
9/5/22 2:51 pm Mary Williams Hyde <mary...> [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Putnam's Point Otters
9/4/22 3:33 pm Darrel Samuels <dsamuels...> [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Turkeys at the Running Y
 
Back to top
Date: 9/25/22 1:30 pm
From: <rriparia...>
Subject: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] What was seen during Patty Buettner Memorial Hawk Watch
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/f3b8186f2a9f68154d5938d639f68e7ba668fac4%40webmail.

 

Back to top
Date: 9/21/22 8:40 pm
From: Barry West <bwestphd...>
Subject: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Re: Brown Pelican
Amazing.

On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 10:55:57 AM UTC-7 Mary Williams Hyde
wrote:

> The Brown Pelican was at Putnams Point this morning hanging out with
> probably a couple hundred pelicans.....I had an opportunity to get several
> hundred photos of it before it took off toward Moore Park....Jerry Mathis
> arrived in time to get some good shots on the island and I called several
> others to spread the word. After Moore Park, it moved with the white
> pelicans along Lakeshore drive. I hope it will stay with the other
> pelicans who have been hanging out in that general area so I can see it
> again. That said I have one photo of the brown pelican flying into a group
> of white pelicans and the white pelicans all had their mouths open in what
> appeared to be alarm.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<7c9cdd6e-02d5-491c-b3d4-ab1215141315n...>

 

Back to top
Date: 9/20/22 10:56 am
From: Mary Williams Hyde <mary...>
Subject: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Brown Pelican
The Brown Pelican was at Putnams Point this morning hanging out with
probably a couple hundred pelicans.....I had an opportunity to get several
hundred photos of it before it took off toward Moore Park....Jerry Mathis
arrived in time to get some good shots on the island and I called several
others to spread the word. After Moore Park, it moved with the white
pelicans along Lakeshore drive. I hope it will stay with the other
pelicans who have been hanging out in that general area so I can see it
again. That said I have one photo of the brown pelican flying into a group
of white pelicans and the white pelicans all had their mouths open in what
appeared to be alarm.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<03cd1e37-cf60-4a8f-8b96-4da17264866fn...>

 

Back to top
Date: 9/18/22 8:51 pm
From: <rriparia...>
Subject: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Patty Buettner Memorial Hawk Watch contributions


This is a reminder that next Saturday, September 24, will be the
Patty Buettner Memorial Hawk Watch, and this is a reminder that you
can honor her special interest in birds and raptors that she had, and
her efforts to support their habitat and populations by contributing
in her name to the Klamath Bird Observatory.

The Hawkwatch will be conducted by several observers during an at
least 6 hour period of time as they look for raptors gliding,
flapping, stooping, flying, and sailing their way south, along a
ridgetop on the east side of the Upper Klamath Lake. Due to the
intensity of attention needed to sustain vigilance on seeing these
fast moving raptors, and identifying them, there will be a summary of
the day's count, and comments about interesting observations seen
during the day to share with those interested soon after the day,
rather than a fieldtrip. This is a way to honor Patty as she had a
special interest in raptor migration. It's a way to have Patty present
in spirit at the watch. Please see the link below for additional
informaiton about Patty, and to see how you can continue Patty's
efforts to sustain birds.

PATTY BUETTNER MEMORIAL HAWK WATCH: Patty was a dedicated biologist,
with keen attention on birds. She had a special interest in the
migration paths of raptors as they followed ridges on their southward
migration, using updrafts from prevailing winds from the west along
those ridges to help reduce energy as they winged their way to their
wintering grounds. She was instrumental in establishing Klamath Bird
Observatory in southern Oregon with numerous banding stations set up
for monitoring passerines as they migrated through the Basin. She
wrote many grants to gain funding for important projects aimed to
improve habitat. To recognize her effort and to indirectly continue
her influence on migratory birds, donations can be made to Klamath
Bird Observatory in her name to honor her. A follow-up article will
highlight raptors seen during the Hawk Watch that will take place at
Modoc Point Rim where raptors are seen locally flying on their
southward journey through Klamath County. To donate please refer to
this site:
https://klamathbird.org/callnote/avian-internship-memorial-fund-in-memory-of-patricia-buettner
[1]

The summary will appear here, at Klamath Basin Bird News, and in the
next Grebe issue published by Klamath Basin Audubon.

Kevin Spencer

Klamath Falls, Oregon



Links:
------
[1]
https://klamathbird.org/callnote/avian-internship-memorial-fund-in-memory-of-patricia-buettner

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/13c742b5554cf6f4571535cc1a4e80b289b4550c%40webmail.

 

Back to top
Date: 9/18/22 7:29 pm
From: <rriparia...>
Subject: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] A Number of Birds
There's numbers, and then there are NUMBERS. Counting birds whenever
I'm out, one gets to understand that the number one can be just as
amazing as 10,000. In the last week, I've seen and heard some amazing
numbers. Today I heard about 600 ducks fly over at Wood River
Wetlands, and not just their wings beating against the 15 mph head
winds, but the sheer force of air against their wings, like the sound
of air being ripped, a vortez in a funnel, as they "put the brakes on"
going from 45 to zero mph, and from 1000 feet above, to shallow ponds,
when they landed. Or the fourteen Pectoral Sandpipers that flew by
with their "cheety" calls, stopping for a few days at Wood River
Wetlands, on their journey of thousands of miles. And, soon, in
November, tens of thousands of Snow Geese come into the Basin. It will
remain to be seen if they stay with the number of inches of
precipitation so low this year, leaving their usual fields dry. It
was two different numbers that were interesting in the last two days.
It was a one, and three hundred. The one, a single Brown Pelican, was
seen two days ago at Henzel Park, at the south end of Agency Lake. The
Brown Pelican is exclusively found along the coast, hunting
individually, by diving into schools of small fish and swallowing what
it catches in its "net" for a bill. But there was one in the Klamath
Basin two days ago. And being lost, it is usual that those birds
usually move on, so trying to go to a location to see an unsual bird
for this area is often, well a waste of time, and better spent
continuing to get out and view and count birds where you are. It is
interesting to see, or find, birds that are out the area. It doesn't
happen too often. And for those that are out counting birds quite
often, it can add to a day when one encounters a species that is out
of the area. Sometimes those unusual sighting don't happen where you
are, but are somewhere else. Julie Van Moorhem went to where the Brown
Pelican was seen, and fortunately, it was still there the next day! It
was the first time she had seen a Brown Pelican in Klamath County, and
it brought her list of birds seen in Klamath County to three hundred.
Not only was it a thrill to see a bird so far from its normal habitat,
away from an ocean's offshore coastline, and such an odd occurrence,
but it marked three hundred species of birds that she has encountered
in Klamath County. It is a number that is a measure of how much she is
out viewing birds. And she counts the birds she sees, each species,
and keeps track, which in turn monitors their populations. It's a
measure of her constantly going out at all times of the year to scan,
and scrutinize, and identify species of birds, which means that she
has a great deal of knowledge, especially when it comes to sorting
through all of those "little brown jobs" that flit through ones field
of view.
So, it was an usual day for numbers. An unsual bird, for this area,
and an unusually high number of species seen, in Klamath County, by
Julie Van Moorhem. Every day is fun when out observing birds, and a
day like yesterday, is one day that's especiallly high on a list.
Attached are photos showing:
Immature Brown Pelican, Henzel Park, Klamath County, 17 September
2022
Elijah Hayes, Dave Haupt, Julie Van Moorhem, Henzel Park, with Brown
Pelican been on water out in the distance between dock columns
Kevin SpencerKlamath Falls, Oregon


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/22fe55fba6ce643c4813653d7001e0f8d8b103c4%40webmail.

 

Back to top
Date: 9/12/22 7:01 pm
From: <loree...> <loree...>
Subject: Re: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Abridged summary of - 4 updates in 2 topics
Have you seen these? I have no experience with them, but it looks like viable defense.https://www.coyotevest.com/
-------- Original message --------From: Barry West <bwestphd...> Date: 9/12/22 6:23 PM (GMT-08:00) To: <klamathbasinbirdnews...> Subject: Re: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Abridged summary of <klamathbasinbirdnews...> - 4 updates in 2 topics We have a potential problem at the Running Y with the possibility of a Great Horned Owl catching our 10 pound puppy on our deck. Suggestions ( other than keep him in the house) would be appreciated.)Barry Sent from my iPhoneOn Sep 11, 2022, at 11:42 PM, <klamathbasinbirdnews...> wrote:








<klamathbasinbirdnews...>



Google Groups














Today's topic summary




View all topics







What is this bird? -
3 Updates




Raptor Routes open this winter in the Basin -
1 Update












What is this bird?








Mary Williams Hyde <mary...>: Sep 11 03:26PM -0700


This is a photo I took yesterday or the day before of Common Mergansers in
flight at Putnam's Point. I am wondering what the other bird is? It
looks like a Merganser, too ,but I can't find

...more






kirsten potter <kpottermom...>: Sep 12 02:39AM


You're close.  I am fairly sure that is a female hooded merganser.   There is a good number here in our area.
                                          

...more






<rriparia...>: Sep 12 02:39AM


Female Hooded Merganser
 
-----------------------------------------From: "Mary Williams Hyde"
To: "Klamath Basin Bird News"
Cc:
Sent: Sunday September 11 2022 5:26:07PM
Subject:

...more






Back to top








Raptor Routes open this winter in the Basin








Molly Russell <russellx1...>: Sep 11 07:20AM -0700


I just got this from Jeff Fleisher and wanted to share with our group. He
is looking for people to take over several raptor routes here in the Basin.
The continuation of this project is probably

...more






Back to top











You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>






--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<631fe460.a70a0220.4e051.61f6SMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING...>

 

Back to top
Date: 9/11/22 7:39 pm
From: <rriparia...>
Subject: RE: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] What is this bird?

Female Hooded Merganser

-----------------------------------------From: "Mary Williams Hyde"
To: "Klamath Basin Bird News"
Cc:
Sent: Sunday September 11 2022 5:26:07PM
Subject: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] What is this bird?

This is a photo I took yesterday or the day before of Common
Mergansers in flight at Putnam's Point. I am wondering what the other
bird is? It looks like a Merganser, too ,but I can't find anything
similar in any of my bird books...help?

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
[1]http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews [2]
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's
web page at:
[3]https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/ [4]
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit
[5]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<10216a64-7a5e-46a8-a106-5efce4899392n...>
[6].


Links:
------
[1] http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
[3] https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
[4] https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
[5]
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<10216a64-7a5e-46a8-a106-5efce4899392n...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
[6]
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<10216a64-7a5e-46a8-a106-5efce4899392n...>

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/308a0e31b14fa6b3e9db19b25fadb576e2769ddd%40webmail.

 

Back to top
Date: 9/11/22 7:39 pm
From: 'kirsten potter' via Klamath Basin Bird News <klamathbasinbirdnews...>
Subject: Re: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] What is this bird?
You're close.  I am fairly sure that is a female hooded merganser.   There is a good number here in our area.
                                           Dave Potter

On Sunday, September 11, 2022 at 03:33:48 PM PDT, Mary Williams Hyde <mary...> wrote:

This is a photo I took yesterday or the day before of Common Mergansers in flight at Putnam's Point.  I am wondering what the other bird is?   It looks like a Merganser, too ,but I can't find anything similar in any of my bird books...help?



--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<10216a64-7a5e-46a8-a106-5efce4899392n...>


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<581826403.1231890.1662950383998...>

 

Back to top
Date: 9/11/22 7:20 am
From: Molly Russell <russellx1...>
Subject: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Raptor Routes open this winter in the Basin
I just got this from Jeff Fleisher and wanted to share with our group. He
is looking for people to take over several raptor routes here in the Basin.
The continuation of this project is probably more important than ever with
all the water issues here and throughout the West. Citizen science is an
integral part of bringing the focus on how these issues are affecting not
only birds but all wildlife.

The person that covered Malin, Tulelake East, Tulelake West, and Lower
Klamath NWR (CA portion) moved to AZ this spring. In addition, the Sheepy
Creek - Laird’s Landing and Willow Creek - Red Roc Road routes just inside
CA are vacant at this point. Might you know of anyone in the Basin that
would be interested in doing at least the three primary months of Dec thru
Feb for any of them?

You can contact Jeff at <raptorrunner97321...> for more information.
They are a lot of fun and a great way to get out birding in the winter.


--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<7c6293e1-f74d-43dd-853f-0ed38b77d430n...>

 

Back to top
Date: 9/5/22 4:51 pm
From: Mary Hyde <mary...>
Subject: Re: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Putnam's Point Otters
Howard as you say….next on my list of photos to try for….. Eagle stealing fish from the otter….stay tuned…lol!



Mary Williams Hyde
541 883-7456
<mary...>
2705 California Avenue
Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601
http://www.maryhyde.com
https://buckaroocountry.smugmug.com
https://www.facebook.com/mary.w.hyde
https://www.facebook.com/BuckarooCountry/





On Sep 5, 2022, at 4:16 PM, Howard West <howardoutwest...> wrote:

That is a fantastic capture Mary. You certainly can't expect this opportunity every time you go down there!
Thanks for sharing.

Howard West

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 2:51 PM Mary Williams Hyde <mary...> wrote:
I have been enjoying the otters who are visiting Putnam's Point when they feel like it. This morning I was thrilled to be able to photograph an otter feeding, catching one fish after another, eating it and moving on. It caught about five or six fish while I took pictures. I haven't looked at hardly any of them yet, but did happen to find this photo right away that I would like to share with the group.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<3a57c296-3495-421e-bde2-eda2cd1267d0n...>

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<56477BE3-1509-425A-9324-08CDAFF2CB4D...>
 

Back to top
Date: 9/5/22 4:16 pm
From: Howard West <howardoutwest...>
Subject: Re: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Putnam's Point Otters
That is a fantastic capture Mary. You certainly can't expect this
opportunity every time you go down there!
Thanks for sharing.

Howard West

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 2:51 PM Mary Williams Hyde <mary...> wrote:

> I have been enjoying the otters who are visiting Putnam's Point when they
> feel like it. This morning I was thrilled to be able to photograph an otter
> feeding, catching one fish after another, eating it and moving on. It
> caught about five or six fish while I took pictures. I haven't looked at
> hardly any of them yet, but did happen to find this photo right away that I
> would like to share with the group.
>
> --
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
> To post to this group, send email to
> <klamathbasinbirdnews...>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
> For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web
> page at:
> https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<3a57c296-3495-421e-bde2-eda2cd1267d0n...>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<3a57c296-3495-421e-bde2-eda2cd1267d0n...>?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/CAGB%<3DL_rGMt5uZqGbyCymOceaes4N_R3WTEyL9EwjfQkwBXdZ9A...>

 

Back to top
Date: 9/5/22 2:51 pm
From: Mary Williams Hyde <mary...>
Subject: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Putnam's Point Otters
I have been enjoying the otters who are visiting Putnam's Point when they
feel like it. This morning I was thrilled to be able to photograph an otter
feeding, catching one fish after another, eating it and moving on. It
caught about five or six fish while I took pictures. I haven't looked at
hardly any of them yet, but did happen to find this photo right away that I
would like to share with the group.

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<3a57c296-3495-421e-bde2-eda2cd1267d0n...>

 

Back to top
Date: 9/4/22 3:33 pm
From: Darrel Samuels <dsamuels...>
Subject: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Turkeys at the Running Y
Three adults and four young are feeding in our yard at the Running Y. These are only the second turkey sightings here as far as I know. Neat birds!



Darrel Samuels, President
Klamath Basin Audubon Society






--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Group "Klamath Basin Bird News".
To post to this group, send email to
<klamathbasinbirdnews...>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/klamathbasinbirdnews
For more information, including posting guidelines, visit the Group's web page at:
https://sites.google.com/site/klamathbasinbirdnews/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Klamath Basin Bird News" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to klamathbasinbirdnews+<unsubscribe...>
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/klamathbasinbirdnews/<C07DCA7D-725D-4C72-9822-BAA5BFBCE721...>

 

Join us on Facebook!