plumislandbirds
Received From Subject
5/24/18 1:24 pm Wladimir Tameling <wiltameling...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Fwd: Who wants to go Bird watching at Plum Island 4th August with me?
5/23/18 12:44 pm David Weaver <cygnus-dkw...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Plum Island (Parker River NWR) - 05-23-18
5/16/18 1:11 pm David Weaver <cygnus-dkw...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Plum Island (Parker River NWR) - 05-16-2018
5/9/18 3:07 pm David Weaver <cygnus-dkw...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Plum Island (Parker River NWR) - 05-09-2018
5/7/18 10:11 am Bird Watcher's Supply <birdwsg...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Marbled godwit, Newburyport
5/6/18 9:22 am Bird Watcher's Supply <birdwsg...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Waterthrush, Newburyport
5/4/18 2:43 pm Tom Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Little Gull == Bonaparte's Gull
5/4/18 8:26 am Tom Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Critical Mass for Good Birds on Plum Island
5/3/18 2:23 pm Thomas Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] King Eider, Emerson Rocks
5/3/18 11:12 am Linda <tattler1...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Tricolor Heron continues PRNWR 2:10 pm
5/3/18 9:56 am Bird Watcher's Supply <birdwsg...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Tricolored heron, Plum Island
5/2/18 1:39 pm David K Weaver <cygnus-dkw...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Plum Island - 05-02-2018
5/2/18 5:13 am Nancy <njlandry...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Whip-poor-will program
4/29/18 11:37 am Tom Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Horned Grebe Courtship, Young King Eider
4/28/18 7:55 am Tom Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] First Year Male King Eider, Ipswich Bluff
4/28/18 7:42 am David Weaver <cygnus-dkw...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] NYT article
4/27/18 6:27 am Thomas Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Seaside Sparrow
4/26/18 7:46 am Thomas Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...> [PIBirds] Spade foot toads

Back to top
Date: 5/24/18 1:24 pm
From: Wladimir Tameling <wiltameling...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Fwd: Who wants to go Bird watching at Plum Island 4th August with me?
Dear birders,

Saturday 4th August 2018 I would like to go bird watching a full day, at
Plum Island with somebody that knows the area. I will be staying in Boston
for a plant biology conference, which ends 3rd August. It would be great if
we could go birding together. Of course I will pay for the transportation,
drinks and food.
I am 43 years old and born and raised in the Netherlands. I enjoy bird
watching very much. I am a medium level birder. When I travel for my job, I
always try to see the birds in the country that I visit. In 2016 I have
done bird watching for two days in Oregon. I hope you have time to go bird
watching with me the 4th of August. Please let me know if you like it and
have time. I can’t wait to see the birds in the area!

Best regards,
Wladimir Tameling
<wiltameling...>

Back to top
Date: 5/23/18 12:44 pm
From: David Weaver <cygnus-dkw...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Plum Island (Parker River NWR) - 05-23-18
David Moon and I led today's Wednesday Morning Birding out of Joppa
Flats Education Center on to Plum Island and the Parker River Refuge.
The weather was beautiful -- skies partly cloudy with fair-weather
clouds, temps in the 70s, and winds NW/5-10 mph switching to SE/10+
mph.  The panne thickets were quiet, but Hellcat roadside to just north
of Goodno crossing was very active -- we spent the major share of our
morning there..

Our list:
Mute Swan (5) - ads, main panne.
Double-crested Cormorant (6) - 5, marsh w. boat ramp; 1, main panne.
Great Egret (~5)
Snowy Egret (4)
Osprey (2) - nesting platform w. boat ramp.
Cooper's Hawk (1) - high over lot #1 being harassed by Tree Swallows.
Killdeer (2) - pannes.
Willet - common.
Herring Gull (2)
Least Tern (3) - main panne.
Common Tern (4)
Rock Pigeon
Morning Dove
Peregrine Falcon (1) - seen from PI Bridge flying low down river toward
Merrimack.
[Willow Flycatcher (1) - Parker River Refuge HQ.]
Least Flycatcher (1) - heard, Hellcat.
Great Crested Flycatcher (1) - roadside, S-curves.
Eastern Kingbird (3) - roadside, n. Goodno.
Blue-headed Vireo (1) - heard & seen roadside, n. Goodno.
Red-eyed Vireo (1) - heard, Goodno woods.
Blue Jay (3)
Purple Martin (~ 12) - lot #1.
Tree Swallow - common.
Black-capped Chickadee (2) - 1, pannes; 1, Hellcat.
Veery (1) - seen in road, n. end S-curves.
American Robin (1)
Gray Catbird - common.
Brown Thrasher (3)
Cedar Waxwing (2) - Goodno flyover.
Northern Waterthrush (1) - heard, Goodno.
Black-and-white Warbler (3) - roadside, n. Goodno.
Common Yellowthroat - common.
American Redstart - common.
Northern Parula (5) - roadside, Goodno.
Magnolia Warbler (3) - roadside, Goodno.
Bay-breasted Warbler (1) - roadside, n. Goodno.
Yellow Warbler - common.
Chestnut-sided Warbler (1) - roadside, Goodno.
Blackpoll Warbler (1) - female; roadside, Goodno.
Black-throated Green Warbler (1) - heard, Goodno.
Canada Warbler (2) - 1 seen roadside, n. Goodno; 1 heard, Goodno woods.
Eastern Towhee - common.
Field Sparrow (1) - heard, n. S-curves.
Savannah Sparrow (1) - atop granite town marker, North Field.
Song Sparrow - common.
Northern Cardinal (1) - Goodno.
Bobolink (5) - North Field/The Warden's Field.
Red-winged Blackbird - common.
Common Grackle - common.
Orchard Oriole (2) - pr. w/ nest, roadside, n. Goodno.
Baltimore Oriole (3) - 1, Hellcat parking lot; pr. w/ nest, roadside,
Goodno.
Purple Finch (~ 5) - Hellcat/Goodno & Old Pines.
American Goldfinch (2)
House Sparrow

We will meet again next week back at Joppa Flats at 0930 for Wednesday
Morning Birding. For more information about Joppa Flats programs, call
David Moon or Dave Larson at 978-462-9998.

Please note that Wednesday Evening Birding is being conducted during the
month of May. Meet at Joppa Flats Education Center at 5:30 for the
2-hour program.

Also be aware that during the month of May, "Friday Morning Bird Walks:
Focus on Warblers," will go from 8:00 - 11:00. Preregistration not
required.  Meet at Joppa Flats Education Center.

Dave Weaver
Manchester, MA 01944
<cygnus-dkw...>

------------------------------------
Posted by: David Weaver <cygnus-dkw...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
<plumislandbirds-digest...>
<plumislandbirds-fullfeatured...>

<plumislandbirds-unsubscribe...>

Back to top
Date: 5/16/18 1:11 pm
From: David Weaver <cygnus-dkw...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Plum Island (Parker River NWR) - 05-16-2018
David Moon and I led today's edition of Wednesday Morning Birding out of
Joppa Flats Education Center.  After a slowish start on Plum Island,
things picked up toward the end of the morning.  Yup, shoulda been there
earlier!  Skies were cloudy to partly cloudy, temps in the low 50s, and
winds NE-E/5-10 mph.

Our list:
Mute Swan (1) - marsh w. pannes.
Gadwall (2) - pr., pannes.
Black Scoter (~ 40) - one ocean.
[Ring-necked Pheasant (1) - rooster crowing, PRNWR HQ.]
Wild Turkey (2) - The Warden's field.
Red-throated Loon (1) - one ocean.
Common Loon (1) - one ocean.
Double-crested Cormorant - common.
Great Egret (~ 6)
Snowy Egret (1)
Turkey Vulture (~ 7) - low over marsh n. main panne.
Osprey (2) - nesting platform w. lot #1.
Black-bellied Plover (1) - heard, Hellcat.
Semipalmated Plover (5) - n. end main panne.
Killdeer (3)
Greater Yellowlegs - common.
Willet - common.
Lesser Yellowlegs - common.
Semipalmated Sandpiper (~ 20) - n. end main panne.
Least Sandpiper (2) - n. end main panne.
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Least Tern - common.
Common Tern - common.
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Snowy Owl (1) - w. small pannes.
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (1)
Red-bellied Woodpecker (2) - 1, S-curves; 1, Hellcat.
American Kestrel (1) - perched in North Field copse.
Merlin (1) - mad dash south over middens.
Least Flycatcher (1) - S-curves.
Great Crested Flycatcher (1) - Hellcat.
Blue-headed Vireo (1) - Hellcat.
Blue Jay (2) - Hellcat.
Purple Martin (~ 12) - lot #1.
Tree Swallow - common.
Cliff Swallow (1) - pannes.
Barn Swallow - common.
Black-capped Chickadee (2) - Hellcat.
American Robin (3)
Gray Catbird - common.
Northern Mockingbird (1) - at head of Hellcat parking lot.
Brown Thrasher (2)
European Starling
Northern Waterthrush (1) - Hellcat.
Black-and-white Warbler (1) - S-curves.
Common Yellowthroat - common.
American Redstart (4) - various.
Northern Parula (~ 5) - various.
Blackburnian Warbler (1) - Hellcat.
Yellow Warbler - common.
Chestnut-sided Warbler (1) - Hellcat restrooms.
Black-throated Blue Warbler (5) - Hellcat.
Black-throated Green Warbler (1) - Hellcat.
Wilson's Warbler (3) - 2, thicket e. pannes; 1, Hellcat.
Eastern Towhee - common.
Field Sparrow (2) - 1, n. end S-curves; 1, vicinity of Hellcat.
Song Sparrow (~ 7) - various.
White-throated Sparrow (1) - Hellcat.
Northern Cardinal (2)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (2) - Hellcat.
Bobolink (4) - North Field.
Red-winged Blackbird - common.
Common Grackle - common.
Brown-headed Cowbird - common.
Orchard Oriole (1) - S-curves.
Baltimore Oriole (~ 7) - various.
Purple Finch (~ 5) - S-curves & Hellcat.
American Goldfinch (~ 5)

Date: 5/9/18 3:07 pm
From: David Weaver <cygnus-dkw...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Plum Island (Parker River NWR) - 05-09-2018
David Moon and I led today's hefty contingent of Wednesday Morning
Birders out of Joppa Flats Education Center on to Parker River National
Wildlife Refuge for a beautiful but cool morning of birding.  Occasional
fog and partly-cloudy-to-cloudy skies with a 5-10 mph sea breeze kept
temps in the low 50s.  We came across a few pockets of migrant activity
as we worked our way down to Hellcat.

Our list:
Canada Goose (1)
American Black Duck (2) - main panne.
Double-crested Cormorant (2)
Great Egret (3)
Snowy Egret (1)
Osprey (2) - nesting platform, w. lot #1.
Killdeer (1) - pannes.
Greater Yellowlegs (2) - pannes.
Willet - common.
Lesser Yellowlegs (2) - pannes.
Herring Gull
Common Tern (2) - boat ramp, w. lot #1.
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Ruby-throated Hummingbird (1) - Hellcat.
Blue Jay (2) - migrating; lot #1.
Purple Martin (~ 12) - lot #1.
Tree Swallow (~ 20)
Barn Swallow (2)
Black-capped Chickadee (1)
Marsh Wren (2) - heard, marsh n. S-curves.
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (1) - thicket, e. main panne.
American Robin (5)
Gray Catbird (~ 5) - various, roadside.
Northern Mockingbird (1) - Hellcat.
Brown Thrasher (2) - 1, middens; 1, Hellcat parking lot entrance.
European Starling
Black-and-white Warbler - common.
Common Yellowthroat - common.
American Redstart (1) - Goodno crossing.
Northern Parula (3)
Magnolia Warbler (2) - 1, n. Goodno crossing; 1, Hellcat parking lot.
Blackburnian Warbler (1) - thicket, e. main panne.
Yellow Warbler - common.
Black-throated Blue Warbler (1) - n. Goodno crossing.
Yellow-rumped Warbler - common.
Eastern Towhee - common.
Song Sparrow (4)
White-throated Sparrow - common.
[White-crowned Sparrow (1) - Joppa Flats feeders.]
Northern Cardinal (~ 5)
Bobolink (1) - The Warden's.
Red-winged Blackbird - common.
Common Grackle - common.
Brown-headed Cowbird - common.
Baltimore Oriole (3) - various.
Purple Finch (~ 7) - ~ 5 n. Goodno crossing; 2, vicinity Hellcat parking
lot.
American Goldfinch (3)

Date: 5/7/18 10:11 am
From: Bird Watcher's Supply <birdwsg...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Marbled godwit, Newburyport
John Hoye called the store at 1:05 to report a Marbled godwit at Joppa Flats, Newburyport. The bird was seen in the vicinity of the Mass Audubon Joppa Flats site.
Barrett S Bacall

Steve Grinley
Bird Watcher's Supply & Gift
194 Route 1
Route 1 Traffic Circle
Newburyport, MA 01950
<Birdwsg...>
978-462-0775
www.birdwatcherssupplyandgift.com

------------------------------------
Posted by: Bird Watcher's Supply <birdwsg...>

Date: 5/6/18 9:22 am
From: Bird Watcher's Supply <birdwsg...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Waterthrush, Newburyport
Mike Brown called the store at noon to report that he and his wife Beth saw 2 Waterthrushes in their yards at 485 Merrimac St, Newburyport.

Steve Grinley reported a Prothonetary warbler spotted at the Goodno Woods crossing, Hellcat Trasil, PRNWR.

Date: 5/4/18 2:43 pm
From: Tom Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Little Gull == Bonaparte's Gull
PI Birders,

Photo evaluation of the Little Gull I identified this morning on Plum Island, done by more sober and less exuberant minds, indicate that the gull is a Bonaparte's Gull. My apologies to the ten or so folk who came by to see the bird.

Good birding,

Tom Wetmore, http://bartonstreet.com/tom/birds
Newburyport, Mass.
Think globally, bird locally.

------------------------------------
Posted by: Tom Wetmore <ttw4...>

Date: 5/4/18 8:26 am
From: Tom Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Critical Mass for Good Birds on Plum Island
PI Birders,

Plum Island from 6:00 am to about 9:00 am, on birdy mornings, seems to hit a critical mass of birders, when word of mouth and text, manages to keep most birders, no matter where they are on the island, aware of what's going on. And because most PI birders care to get others onto birds as much as they care for themselves, the results are that many birders, including the newer ones, get to see most of the good stuff. Such was the case today. My highlights were:

Summer Tanager -- male in S-curves; this was a superb bird.
Blue-winged Warbler -- in S-curves, later more than one
Blackburnian Warbler -- 2 or more in S-curves.
Little Gull -- 1 on PI Sound flats with Dunlin, yellowlegs, BB Plovers, and Semi-sands; a young bird.
Tricolored Heron -- 1 in the pan at the north end of the S-curves.
Common Terns -- small flocks off lot one, and heard at the pans.

I had to leave early, so my list ends there, but things were ongoing when I left, so likely there will be a number of other nice finds. And I'm sure others would choose other birds for their highlights.

A quick note about Purple Sandpipers. There really aren't that many sightings of purples on (or from) the refuge from year to year. There just aren't enough rocks around to attract them. When they are seen it is usually two to ten birds on Emerson Rocks. This spring has been quite different, however. There has been a largish flock hanging out on the rock "jetties" near the Newbury beach, for a month or more now, easily seen from the Lot one platform. Photographs have proven that the flock is about 50 birds, though you have to walk down and investigate closely to see them all. Unless the flock is wheeling around, you usually see five to twenty from the platform. Yesterday there were both Sanderlings and Dunlin mixed in with them. Today about twelve were visible. There are three of these "jetties", and the birds can be on any or all.

Date: 5/3/18 2:23 pm
From: Thomas Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] King Eider, Emerson Rocks
PI Birders,

The first year male King Eider found by Dave Adrien last week just showed up in a flock of commons at Emerson rocks, Plum Island, seen from Stage tower

Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------------
Posted by: Thomas Wetmore <ttw4...>

Date: 5/3/18 11:12 am
From: Linda <tattler1...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Tricolor Heron continues PRNWR 2:10 pm
The Tricolor Heron previously reported is hunkered down in the rain south of the main pan on Plum Island.

Linda

Sent from my iPhone

Linda Ferraresso
Salem, MA
<Tattler1...>

------------------------------------
Posted by: Linda <tattler1...>

Date: 5/3/18 9:56 am
From: Bird Watcher's Supply <birdwsg...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Tricolored heron, Plum Island
John Hoye called the store at 12:50 to report spotting the Tricolored heron on Plum Island, PRNWR. The bird was spotted south of the main pannes between the pannes and the wardens and afforded great views.

Date: 5/2/18 1:39 pm
From: David K Weaver <cygnus-dkw...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Plum Island - 05-02-2018
This morning, Susan Yurkus and I led today's Wednesday Morning Birding from Joppa Flats on to Plum Island to see hoped-for new migrants. Well, guess we were a bit late - the bad news from MaryMargaret was that we should have been there at 0600 when there were all kinds of birds, which all picked up and headed north soon thereafter. Dealing with the summer-like weather and the attendant beach-creature crowd did not help much, either.

Our list:
Canada Goose
Mute Swan (4) - 2, Stage Island Pool; 2, The Warden's pond.
Gadwall (2) - main panne.
American Black Duck (~ 12) - various, primarily main panne.
Mallard (2)
Wild Turkey (1) - roadside, s. Hellcat.
Double-crested Cormorant (~ 30) - couple of migrating flocks.
Great Blue Heron (1) - marsh across road from lot #2.
Great Egret (~ 12)
Snowy Egret (~ 20)
Turkey Vulture (1)
Osprey (2) - Pines Trail platform.
Northern Harrier (1) - female, over North Pool marsh.
Sharp-shinned Hawk (3) - migrating.
Red-tailed Hawk (2)
Killdeer (2) - lot #1.
Greater Yellowlegs (5) - pannes.
Willet (~ 12) - various.
Herring Gull
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove (2)
Belted Kingfisher (1) - marsh S-curves.
Downy Woodpecker (1) - S-curves.
American Kestrel (1) - hovering over South Field.
Merlin (1) - flying s. over Hellcat parking lot.
Blue Jay (1)
American Crow (~ 20)
Purple Martin (~ 12) - lot #1.
Tree Swallow (3)
Black-capped Chickadee (2) - S-curves.
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (~ 8) - vicinity Hellcat parking lot.
Hermit Thrush (1) - Goodno Woods.
American Robin - a few scattered about.
European Starling
Black-and-white Warbler (2) - 1, Hellcat; 1, S-curves.
Common Yellowthroat (1) - n. Goodno Woods.
Eastern Towhee (~ 5) - various.
White-throated Sparrow (6) - 1, Hellcat; 5, S-curves.
Northern Cardinal (1)
Red-winged Blackbird - common.
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird (3)
Purple Finch (3) - vicinity of Hellcat.
American Goldfinch (1)

Please note that Wednesday Evening Birding will be conducted during the month of May starting this evening. Meet at Joppa Flats Education Center at 5:30 for the 2-hour program.

We will meet again next week back at Joppa Flats at 0930 for Wednesday Morning Birding. For more information about Joppa Flats programs, call David Moon or Dave Larson at 978-462-9998.

Dave Weaver
Manchester, MA 01944
<cygnus-dkw...>

Sent from my iPad

------------------------------------
Posted by: David K Weaver <cygnus-dkw...>

Date: 5/2/18 5:13 am
From: Nancy <njlandry...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Whip-poor-will program
Birders

I will again be leading Whip-poor-will program at Parker River NWR this May.. This is a free program and you have to register with the refuge to attend..

Here are the dates, times and phone number to call.

>> Whip-poor-will Walk at Parker River National Wildlife Refuge
>>
>> Friday, May 11th @ 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, May 12th @ 7:30 p.m.; Friday, May 18th @ 7:45 p.m.;
>> Saturday, May 19th @ 7:45 p.m.; Saturday, May 26th @ 7:45 p.m.; and Sunday, May 27th @ 7:45 p.m
>> 978) 465-5753.

Nancy Landry
Haverhill Ma

Back to top
Date: 4/29/18 11:37 am
From: Tom Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Horned Grebe Courtship, Young King Eider
Plum Island Biders,

There were five breeding plumage Horned Grebes off lot seven this morning, seen from Stage tower. Two of them were doing the grebe courtship display, pressing chest-to-chest, standing in the water. I'd only seen that on breeding ponds in the far north.

I could also make out the young King Eider from the road. It was in a flock of about 60 Common Eiders off the mouth of Stage creek.

I searched for the American Oystercatcher in the same area, but could not find it.

At least one Snowy Owl is trying to make it to May. Today it was on staddles in the marsh south west of the Wardens.

Date: 4/28/18 7:55 am
From: Tom Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] First Year Male King Eider, Ipswich Bluff
PI Birders,

Dave Adrien has a first year male King Eider visible from the Ipswich Bluff on Plum Island. It's about 10:55 am now. The bird has been there at least an hour.

Tom Wetmore

------------------------------------

Date: 4/28/18 7:42 am
From: David Weaver <cygnus-dkw...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] NYT article
Fellow birders, you will find this article from yesterday's New York
Times of interest -- a rather sad commentary on the times.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/04/27/opinion/shorebirds-extinction-climate-change.html?action=click&module=MoreInSection&pgtype=Article&region=Footer&contentCollection=Opinion

Dave Weaver
Manchester, MA 01944
<cygnus-dkw...>

Back to top
Date: 4/27/18 6:27 am
From: Thomas Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Seaside Sparrow
Singing in marsh nw lot two.

Wet

Sent from my iPhone

Date: 4/26/18 7:46 am
From: Thomas Wetmore <ttw4...> [plumislandbirds] <plumislandbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [PIBirds] Spade foot toads
There are four or five spade foot toads calling together on the opposite side of the pans. This is a rather special event that only occurs after rainstorms.

These animals can remain dormant for years before they come out to call.

Wetmore

Sent from my iPhone