UCBirders
Received From Subject
10/14/19 3:08 pm Utah Birds <utahbirds...> [UCBirders] Provo Airport Dike - Big Sit
10/7/19 7:32 am Keeli Marvel <keeli.marvel...> [UCBirders] UCB Big Sit and Meeting reminders for this week
10/3/19 9:14 am Keeli Marvel <keeli.marvel...> [UCBirders] October UCB meeting participation
10/2/19 7:36 am Utah Birds <utahbirds...> [UCBirders] UC Birders October Newsletter

Back to top
Date: 10/14/19 3:08 pm
From: Utah Birds <utahbirds...>
Subject: [UCBirders] Provo Airport Dike - Big Sit
Provo Airport Dike

A new record (64 species) was set on Saturday for this annual *Big Sit on
the Provo Airport Dike*. Here's a link to the report:
http://utahbirds.org/ucb/Newsletters/zFieldTrip12Oct2019.html

Back to top
Date: 10/7/19 7:32 am
From: Keeli Marvel <keeli.marvel...>
Subject: [UCBirders] UCB Big Sit and Meeting reminders for this week
UCB Oct Meeting: Thurs Oct 10 at 7pm at the Monte L Bean Museum -
Woodpeckers of North America, a group presentation by members of the UCB

The BIG SIT: Saturday Oct 12 - 6am to dark (feel free to drop by for
however much time you have and join us in counting as many species as
possible from inside our 17 ft count circle)

Provo Airport Dike Southwest corner

Back to top
Date: 10/3/19 9:14 am
From: Keeli Marvel <keeli.marvel...>
Subject: [UCBirders] October UCB meeting participation
Our October meeting will be a highlight on the woodpeckers of North America, presented in a group presentation format with help from multiple members of our group presenting to the group on individual woodpecker species that can be found in the U.S.. My intent is to have each species highlight take a couple minutes (no more than 5), and I will bring PowerPoint slides with pictures and range maps, and each volunteer will present a few basic facts about their assigned species (where they are located, including anything special about their specific habitat, what they eat, and anything else interesting you find out about them that you want to share).

I’ve gotten the following volunteers signed up already to help me present:

Machelle-sapsuckers (including Williamson’s)
Alton- Gilded and Northern Flickers
Milt- Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers
Keeli- black backed, white headed, Red-cockaded, whatever is left.

I need a few more volunteers to help with the following species:

Lewis’s, Nuttall’s, Gila, Pileated (could include Ivory billed), Red-headed, Red-bellied, and any others I’m forgetting right now.

Email me if you would be willing to help out. No prior knowledge is required- use whatever resources you need to gather basic info (All About Birds website and field guides are both good resources).

Thanks in advance!

Happy Birding

Keeli Marvel

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 10/2/19 7:36 am
From: Utah Birds <utahbirds...>
Subject: [UCBirders] UC Birders October Newsletter
The Utah County Birders newsletter for October has been posted:
http://utahbirds.org/ucb/Newsletters/2019/2019_10.html

Here are some features of this newsletter:
- A "California Dreamin'" Captain's Log
- A Halloween-related Bird of the Month article
- Two Field Trip reports -- one with a great photo of the "Harvest Moon"
- and of course, the usual information about the October meeting and
up-coming field trips.

P.S. There's a printable version (PDF) linked to the newsletter in case you
know birders without the internet -- there are still some around.