OKbirds
Received From Subject
7/17/18 6:46 pm Harold A. Yocum <drhal2...> Re: FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Jul 17, 2018
7/17/18 3:17 pm Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...> FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Jul 17, 2018
7/13/18 7:35 pm Zach DuFran <zdufran...> YCNH nest in Norman
7/13/18 6:48 pm Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...> Re: Melinda Droege's email address.
7/13/18 6:20 pm John Shackford <johnshackford...> Melinda Droege's email address.
7/13/18 3:34 pm Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...> Lake Hefner
7/12/18 3:13 pm EUGENE YOUNG <EUGENE.YOUNG...> June OOS Mailings
7/11/18 6:40 pm Harold A. Yocum <drhal2...> Re: FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Jul 11, 2018
7/11/18 1:07 pm Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...> FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Jul 11, 2018
7/11/18 11:58 am Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...> FW: eBird Report - Paden Sewage Ponds, Jul 10, 2018
7/11/18 11:56 am Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...> FW: eBird Report - Prague Lake City Park, Jul 10, 2018
7/11/18 11:55 am Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...> FW: eBird Report - Meeker Lake, Jul 10, 2018
7/11/18 7:34 am Veronica Lovell <veronicalovell17...> Re: Red Slough Bird Survey - July 10
7/9/18 3:22 pm Jerry Davis <jwdavis...> Birds and Mosquitoes - There Are Connections
7/9/18 10:55 am Harold A. Yocum <drhal2...> Re: Birds and Spiders An Important Connection
7/9/18 10:16 am Jerry Davis <jwdavis...> Birds and Spiders An Important Connection
7/8/18 6:35 am Nancy Reed <reednancy1717...> Painted Bunting
7/6/18 5:25 pm Jim Arterburn <JIMARTERBURN...> Prairie Warbler photos added to website
7/4/18 9:57 am Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...> FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Jul 4, 2018
7/1/18 12:09 pm Patricia Velte <pvelte...> July Migration Report
7/1/18 11:50 am Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...> Willets
6/29/18 12:58 pm SHARON HENTHORN <shenthorn205...> eBird -- Rose Lake -- Jun 29, 2018
6/29/18 10:03 am Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...> Oxley North Woods on 6-29-2018.
6/28/18 7:00 am SHARON HENTHORN <shenthorn205...> Roadrunner in Moore
6/25/18 3:22 pm Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...> Rose Lake & Hefner
6/25/18 5:58 am Brett Niland <bestguess...> Re: HOT SPOT!!!
6/25/18 4:33 am Harold A. Yocum <drhal2...> Re: HOT SPOT!!!
6/25/18 4:14 am Brett Niland <bestguess...> Re: HOT SPOT!!!
6/22/18 4:31 pm Jerry Taylor <j.taylor143...> Re: HOT SPOT!!!
6/21/18 6:41 pm David Arbour <arbour...> Red Slough Bird Survey - June 21
6/21/18 9:44 am SHARON HENTHORN <shenthorn205...> HOT SPOT!!!
6/21/18 7:10 am Scott Loss <scottrloss...> Lake Carl Blackwell - No frigatebird
6/21/18 4:09 am David Arbour <arbour...> Red Slough Birding Convention Species list - May 2018
6/20/18 3:07 pm HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...> Mitch Park Birding -Summertime
6/20/18 11:09 am Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...> Re: cedar waxwing nesting record
6/20/18 8:48 am Scott Loss <scottrloss...> UPDATE: Magnificent Frigatebird - Lake Carl Blackwell
6/20/18 6:52 am Scott Loss <scottrloss...> Magnificent Frigatebird - Lake Carl Blackwell
6/19/18 5:49 pm Esther M Key <emkok...> Re: cedar waxwing nesting record
6/18/18 9:29 am J.B. Tibbits <jeff_osu...> New Eldorado birding areas
6/18/18 6:32 am Terry Mitchell <terry...> Photo link
6/18/18 6:25 am Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...> cedar waxwing nesting record

Back to top
Date: 7/17/18 6:46 pm
From: Harold A. Yocum <drhal2...>
Subject: Re: FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Jul 17, 2018
Jimmy, we have noticed that in Mitch Park the Bell’s vireos are moving all around in places they have not been in May / June/ early July. They are out in the open as well . I saw 4 on Sunday morning and 3 were singing. Maybe some are young ones as they are a brighter yellow beneath and their wing bars are very light almost imperceptible.
Also our painted buntings are again or still up and singing.
Our quail are singing again.
I saw a single olive sided fly catcher on Sunday as well. Likely the beginning of return migration south. Maybe early but I saw 1.
I’ll have to return to the area down there and just walk the bike path from the park all the way to that school and hope for luck on the Monk parakeet. I am sure that I will be able to hear it as it is actually rather quiet along much of it.
Hal Yocum

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top

Date: 7/13/18 7:35 pm
From: Zach DuFran <zdufran...>
Subject: YCNH nest in Norman
Yellow-crowned Night-Herons have nested in the same Sycamore tree in central Norman for at least a decade (I believe the home owners said about 20 years). This evening I noticed a large limb laying in the street under the tree. Upon closer inspection I found that the limb was the very one holding the nest, which was still intact. The limb appears to have broken naturally, despite no recent strong winds. This is very sad, as I have watched this tree closely for the last several years and the same nest has been reused each year. I am fairly confident that this year’s chicks had fledged already, but I hope the loss of the nest will not discourage this family from returning to the same tree next year. I’ll be watching...

Zach DuFran
Norman

Back to top
Date: 7/13/18 6:48 pm
From: Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...>
Subject: Re: Melinda Droege's email address.
Melinda's is
<oklagranny26...>

Larry, in Joplin, MO.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 8:20 PM, John Shackford <johnshackford...>
wrote:

> I was trying to contact Melinda on a bird related subject and I have no
> info to get in touch with her. Does anyone have her email address? Many
> thanks for any help.
>
> John Shackford, Edmond, OK

Back to top

Date: 7/13/18 3:34 pm
From: Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...>
Subject: Lake Hefner
There was a Ring-necked Duck resting on a rock at the inlet and a few yards
to the east one Neo-tropic Cormorant keeping company with a DC Cormoant.

Matt Jung, OKC

Back to top
Date: 7/12/18 3:13 pm
From: EUGENE YOUNG <EUGENE.YOUNG...>
Subject: June OOS Mailings
For those of you that are OOS members, the June mailings of the newsletter and bulletins should be forthcoming. The March issue of the bulletin is printed. Finalizing the June bulletin now...should be ready to print, next week. I hope to have both bulletins to Linda Adams next week so she can get the June mailing out ASAP. The September bulletin is already at the printer.

Sincerely,
Gene

Eugene A. Young
Editor, Bulletin of the Oklahoma Ornithological Society

Agriculture, Science & Engineering
Northern Oklahoma College
1220 E. Grand, PO Box 310
Tonkawa, OK, 74653-0310
Phone: 580-628-6482
Fax: 580-628-6209
E-Mail: <Eugene.Young...><mailto:<Eugene.Young...>
Website: www.noc.edu<http://www.noc.edu/>

Back to top
Date: 7/11/18 6:40 pm
From: Harold A. Yocum <drhal2...>
Subject: Re: FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Jul 11, 2018
Jimmy ,
I was thinking about going down to J. B. Barnes Park tomorrow morning as it has good shade and tree cover to walk through.
You message makes it sound like you were in some part of the Park that I do not know about. I have walked the part from Reno south to another street and back. That is the only part that I know of . Where is the rest of it? Street or cross streets for the school you mentioned? How do I get to that part. Is it over there by the Soldiers Park somewhere?
I noticed you rode your bike 10 miles. That must be a realllly big park !!!!!!!
Hal

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top

Date: 7/11/18 11:58 am
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Paden Sewage Ponds, Jul 10, 2018
Another one of my regular Highway 62 birding stops when I head east to Okmulgee. The
Bell's Vireo was unexpected.

Jimmy Woodard
Midwest City, OK

Paden Sewage Ponds, Okfuskee, Oklahoma, US Jul 10, 2018 10:00 AM - 10:10 AM
Protocol: Stationary
24 species

Canada Goose 7
Great Blue Heron 1
Green Heron 1
Turkey Vulture 3
Mississippi Kite 3
Killdeer 2
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 1
Mourning Dove 2
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 2
Bell's Vireo 1
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 4
Barn Swallow 3
Eastern Bluebird 2
Northern Mockingbird 1
European Starling 4
Northern Cardinal 2
Blue Grosbeak 1
Indigo Bunting 1
Painted Bunting 1
Dickcissel 4
Eastern Meadowlark 2
Red-winged Blackbird 4
Brown-headed Cowbird 2

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S47135116

Back to top
Date: 7/11/18 11:56 am
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Prague Lake City Park, Jul 10, 2018
Another one of those little birded spots a short drive east of OKC metro.

Jimmy Woodard
Midwest City, OK

Prague Lake City Park, Lincoln, Oklahoma, US Jul 10, 2018 9:10 AM - 9:35 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
31 species

Great Blue Heron 2
Great Egret 2
Turkey Vulture 4
Mississippi Kite 6
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 5
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 8
Red-bellied Woodpecker 4
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 2
Eastern Kingbird 3
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 1
White-eyed Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 5
American Crow 10
Fish Crow 5
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 6
Carolina Chickadee 4
Tufted Titmouse 3
Carolina Wren 2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 3
Eastern Bluebird 4
American Robin 2
Northern Mockingbird 2
European Starling 8
Field Sparrow 2
Northern Cardinal 9
Indigo Bunting 2
Painted Bunting 3
Brown-headed Cowbird 4

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S47135068

Back to top
Date: 7/11/18 11:55 am
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Meeker Lake, Jul 10, 2018
Nothing unusual to report. I just wanted to send a list from this little birded place. It
Is one of my favorite quiet birding spots.

Jimmy Woodard
Midwest City, OK

Meeker Lake, Lincoln, Oklahoma, US
Jul 10, 2018 8:05 AM - 8:35 AM
Protocol: Traveling
4.0 mile(s)
39 species

Great Blue Heron 2
Great Egret 3
Mississippi Kite 4
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 5
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 3
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 3
Downy Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 2
Western Kingbird 2
Eastern Kingbird 4
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 3
Red-eyed Vireo 2
Blue Jay 7
American Crow 12
Fish Crow 6
Purple Martin 2
Barn Swallow 6
Cliff Swallow 2
Carolina Chickadee 5
Tufted Titmouse 3
Carolina Wren 3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 5
Eastern Bluebird 4
American Robin 8
Brown Thrasher 2
Northern Mockingbird 4
European Starling 7
Field Sparrow 3
Northern Cardinal 7
Blue Grosbeak 2
Indigo Bunting 6
Painted Bunting 4
Dickcissel 2
Baltimore Oriole 1
Red-winged Blackbird 4
Brown-headed Cowbird 4
Great-tailed Grackle 12

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S47134953

Back to top
Date: 7/11/18 7:34 am
From: Veronica Lovell <veronicalovell17...>
Subject: Re: Red Slough Bird Survey - July 10
What time of day did you go and how long did it take to make these
observations?
Thanks!

Back to top
Date: 7/9/18 3:22 pm
From: Jerry Davis <jwdavis...>
Subject: Birds and Mosquitoes - There Are Connections
Birds and Mosquitoes – There Are Connections

Most are aware that mosquitoes are an important food source for birds like swallows, nighthawks and mammals such as bats and even fish but there are other connections other than being important as food. In the past three years, Alaska has been in a significant drought as has most states in the lower 48 states with drought lasting for decades in the west. The glaciers are retreating rapidly and the tundra is on fire. This drought has created a shortage of mosquitoes that need water for reproduction. Some of you will think this is great, but a few will understand the reason why it is not so great from the standpoint of birds and other wildlife.

When I was looking for the Arctic Warbler along the Denali Highway a few days ago, it was difficult to think that so many mosquitoes was a good thing although ecologically I knew how important they were to the ecosystem. Even though I sprayed down with DEET, they got under may glasses to my eyes and eyelids and in my ears and for birders needing to use binoculars and a camera, a head-net is not a very practical option.

With the drought and the decline of mosquitoes and other insects it impacted everything from birds to bears. In high school you learned that female mosquitoes are the ones that bite and need blood for egg development. The males mosquito feeds on plants and are a key plant pollinator. With the mosquito population down during the dry years, the berry and fruit production was down. This impacted the food sources from birds to bears. Wildlife depending on fruits and berries did not have adequate food and fat reserves going into the winter and had to forage over greater areas to survive and they produced fewer young and more reproductive failures.

I know that most will not be cheering on the mosquitoes. At least remember that they are important to birds, other wildlife, plant pollination and plant reproduction, and are important in sustaining wildlife and wildlife habitat. Jerry Wayne Davis July 9, 2018

Jerry Wayne Davis

Hot Springs, AR 71901

Back to top
Date: 7/9/18 10:55 am
From: Harold A. Yocum <drhal2...>
Subject: Re: Birds and Spiders An Important Connection
Could not agree more. We show the spiders and their webs to our grandchildren. They love it .
Hal Yocum

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 9, 2018, at 12:15 PM, Jerry Davis <jwdavis...> wrote:
>
> Birds and Spiders An Important Connection
>
> One of the first birds I took pictures of on our recent trip to Alaska was at Potter’s Marsh where a pair of Common Redpoll were collecting spider webs and Dandelion down for nest building. This was a reminder and a chance to remind you of how important spiders are to birds, not only as a source of food but an important source of nest building material. Spider webs are important as a nest material to hummingbirds and other birds as well. Spiders are an important indicator as to the ecological health of your yard. If you see a spider web and not the spider, most likely a bird has already harvested it. If you have a yard where you do not see spider webs, mostly likely it is not good for native insects that feed birds nor as a healthy environment for birds, other vertebrates, invertebrates or even humans.
> Many adults still fear spiders and bath their lawns in pesticides which is not good for people or other forms of life. If you are one that does such you are putting yourself, your family and other life forms at risk of low fertility, cancer and even death. If you have arachnophobia there is therapy for that. Make an effort to have a yard that is healthy for birds, spiders and native insects. Jerry Wayne Davis, July 9, 2018
> Jerry Wayne Davis
> Hot Springs, AR

Back to top

Date: 7/8/18 6:35 am
From: Nancy Reed <reednancy1717...>
Subject: Painted Bunting
A male and female Painted Bunting were at the feeder this morning.

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 7/6/18 5:25 pm
From: Jim Arterburn <JIMARTERBURN...>
Subject: Prairie Warbler photos added to website
OKBirds,

I have added several photos of a male Prairie Warbler from the Cherokee
Wildlife Management Area to my website. The photos can be seen at the
link below.

http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/recentbirds

I have also added a few butterfly and dragonfly photos from the Cherokee
WMA, Included are photos of several Outis Skippers which are hard to
find in Oklahoma. For those interested please see the links below.

http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/recentbutterflies

http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/recentodonate

All new photos are at the beginning of each gallery.

Enjoy,

Jim Arterburn

Back to top
Date: 7/4/18 9:57 am
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Jul 4, 2018
The surprise of the morning ride was finding a Bell's Vireo in the backyard of a house
In a residential neighborhood in the middle of Midwest City. The house was next to the
trail just northwest of the corner of SE 15th and Midwest Blvd. Several houses here have
have brush, shrubs, and trees all along their back fences. Evidently, it was enough cover
for this vireo. Also, continuing to find Redheaded Woodpeckers in the park. Hope they are
breeding here.

Jimmy Woodard
Midwest City, OK

Joe B. Barnes Park, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, US Jul 4, 2018 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
8.0 mile(s)
Comments: Nadine and i took a bike ride along the trails in Tom Poore and Joe B Barnes Park.
46 species

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron 2
Turkey Vulture 1
Mississippi Kite 5
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 2
Eurasian Collared-Dove 6
White-winged Dove 2
Mourning Dove 4
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1
Chimney Swift 2
Red-headed Woodpecker 4
Red-bellied Woodpecker 3
Downy Woodpecker 2
Eastern Phoebe 4
Great Crested Flycatcher 3
Western Kingbird 5
Eastern Kingbird 4
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 6
Bell's Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 5
Blue Jay 5
American Crow 2
Fish Crow 5
Barn Swallow 2
Carolina Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 1
Carolina Wren 2
Bewick's Wren 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 2
Eastern Bluebird 6
American Robin 15
Gray Catbird 1
Brown Thrasher 4
Northern Mockingbird 8
European Starling 35
Northern Cardinal 18
Blue Grosbeak 1
Indigo Bunting 7
Baltimore Oriole 1
Brown-headed Cowbird 4
Great-tailed Grackle 9
House Finch 3
House Sparrow 16

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46986094

Back to top
Date: 7/1/18 12:09 pm
From: Patricia Velte <pvelte...>
Subject: July Migration Report
Dear OKBirders,

July brings the return of several shorebird species and the departure of
only one species. Both lists are included below.

ARRIVALS

Swainson's Hawk July 14 - SE

White-faced Ibis July 26 - SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Spotted Sandpiper July 4 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Solitary Sandpiper July 1 - ALL

Willet July 1 - ALL

Long-billed Curlew July 4 - NW, SW, C, SC

Marbled Godwit July 1 - PAN, NW, SW, C, SC, NE

Ruddy Turnstone July 26 - NW west to Alfalfa, Major and
Blaine Cos. Only, SW west to Washita, Kiowa and Tillman Cos. Only, C, SC,
NE, SE

Red Knot July 28 - NW rare in Alfalfa Co only,
C, NE

Stilt Sandpiper July 12 - ALL

Sanderling July 28 - ALL

American Avocet July 14 - C, SC, NE east to Nowata, Rogers,
Wagoner and Muskogee Cos. Only, SE east to Pittsburg, Atoka and McCurtain
Cos. Only

Snowy Plover July 19 - C, SC, NE

Piping Plover July 19 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE

Caspian Tern July 11- ALL

Forster's Tern July 10 - PAN, NW, SW

Baird's Sandpiper July 7 - ALL

Least Sandpiper July 1 - PAN

Buff-breasted Sandpiper July 26 - NW west to Woods, Woodward, Dewey and
Custer cos only, SW west to Washita, Kiowa and Tillman cos only, C, SC, NE,
SE

Pectoral Sandpiper July 9 - ALL

Semipalmated Sandpiper July 6 - ALL

Western Sandpiper July 6 - ALL

Short-billed Dowitcher July 1 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Long-billed Dowitcher July 10 - ALL

Wilson's Phalarope July 20 - SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Rufous Hummingbird July 22 - PAN, SW

Peregrine Falcon July 28 - ALL

Least Flycatcher July 15 - ALL

Bank Swallow July 27 - ALL

Sedge Wren July 25 - NE, SE

Yellow Warbler July 20 - SW and July 25 - SE

Yellow-headed Blackbird July 4 - PAN, NW, SW, C, SC, NE

Semipalmated Plover July 12 - ALL

DEPARTURES

Glossy Ibis July 28 - NW, SW, C, SE - Rare in
Alfalfa and Major Cos. Only in NW; Rare in Tillman Co. only in SW; Rare in
Kingfisher and Canadian Cos. Only in C; Rare in S. McCurtain Co only in SE

The information presented here comes from The Oklahoma Bird Records
Committee of the Oklahoma Ornithological Society, which publishes a Date
Guide to the Occurrences of Birds in Oklahoma. This booklet divides Oklahoma
into 7 geographic regions, and lists the normal dates of occurrence for each
Oklahoma bird species within each region. Observers are urged to report
unusual species, or birds out of date or out of normal range in Oklahoma,
based on the information given in this publication.

The Oklahoma Ornithological Society and Oklahoma Bird Records Committee web
site, http://www.okbirds.org/
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.okbirds.org_&d=DwMF
Ag&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=WtcHdIgfPcd5duugjo56RvrWK
XWbcpxsIgrqUhahxv0&m=BQsgkcfQ9tAdF-07kbmQLcqYSm5eGXhiF-3XjbGzF24&s=qD93lC4Gs
yAWwKlJPVK1gf0g10uvFFnAgWwpHsBvX4U&e=> , includes ordering information for
the Date Guide to the Occurrences of Birds in Oklahoma, information on
documenting significant records, documentation forms, instructions, and a
searchable database for Oklahoma bird migration information. Birders are
cordially invited to join the Oklahoma Ornithological Society.

Happy birding!

Pat Velte

<pvelte...> <mailto:<pvelte...>

Oklahoma City, OK

Back to top
Date: 7/1/18 11:50 am
From: Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...>
Subject: Willets
Hello All,

There were 2 willets on the south side of Copan Lake in Washington County this morning. This was along the highway, south of Copan Point, about 100 yards from the east end of where the barricade begins. I guess that the fall shorebird migration has begun.

Mark Peterson

Bartlesville

Back to top
Date: 6/29/18 12:58 pm
From: SHARON HENTHORN <shenthorn205...>
Subject: eBird -- Rose Lake -- Jun 29, 2018
Rose Lake
Jun 29, 2018
2:03 PM
Traveling
0.40 miles
49 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.6.5 Build 36

13 Canada Goose
1 Great Blue Heron
4 Great Egret
5 Snowy Egret
19 Little Blue Heron
2 Turkey Vulture
1 Mississippi Kite
1 Killdeer
5 swallow sp.
1 Dickcissel
7 Red-winged Blackbird
4 Common Grackle

Number of Taxa: 12

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 6/29/18 10:03 am
From: Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...>
Subject: Oxley North Woods on 6-29-2018.
Hello All,

I walked the trails at Oxley North Woods in Tulsa this morning. It was very warm, clear , and with a slight breeze. Highlights included:

Common Loon-Still 2 on Lake Yahola

Bald Eagle-3

Least Tern-1

White-eyed Vireo-3

Red-eyed Vireo-2

Acadian Flycatcher-4

Northern Parula-3

Yellow-throated Warbler-1

Kentucky Warbler-1

Common Yellowthroat-1

Mark Peterson

Bartlesville

Back to top
Date: 6/28/18 7:00 am
From: SHARON HENTHORN <shenthorn205...>
Subject: Roadrunner in Moore
I was dropping someone off for work at 8:40 today at the Pioneer Library Southwest OKC location near SW 134th and Penn. The dumpster is just outside the employee entrance. Suddenly we both saw a roadrunner scoot under the dumpster privacy fence and pop up on the fence itself; sat and looked around, then quietly walked off in the grass. I watched from the car about twenty feet away and the employee entered the building without concern from the bird. How cool was that?!

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 6/25/18 3:22 pm
From: Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...>
Subject: Rose Lake & Hefner
Run into Bill Diffin today along Sarah Road, just south of Rose Lake.

There, in a flooded meadow, I counted 62 Cattle Egrets feeding. Three
Franklin's Gulls were in the same field and some TBD shore birds. At Rose
Lake proper I had 2 Black-necked Stilts, 8 Little Blue Herons (3 in juvenal
plumage), about 10 Snowy Egrets, 1 each Great Blue Heron and Great Egret.
Last week Thursday (6/21) I photographed 6 dark ibis at Rose Lake but saw
none today, Bill said he saw one today.

Along NW 63rd, just west of the turnpike overpass, was a singing Bell's
Vireo.

At Lake Hefner was one Marbled Godwit on a spit of land directly east of
the inlet (my photo is poor but diagnostic). All other birds were as
expected. I've been chasing a Baltimore Oriole there (inlet canal) the past
5 days with camera in hand, seen it twice but no cigar yet.

Water is rushing into the lake at a good rate!

Matt Jung, OKC

Back to top
Date: 6/25/18 5:58 am
From: Brett Niland <bestguess...>
Subject: Re: HOT SPOT!!!
Gitcha We've been up in that area after a trip to lake overholster looking for the elusive iceland gull over the last winter.

Some birders we were chatting with sent us up that way and we cleaned up on Longspurs in the dry grass by the road. I think we cleared out the entire list of winter sparrows on the same road.

Nice spot!

Thanks again,

Brett

________________________________
Date: 6/25/18 4:33 am
From: Harold A. Yocum <drhal2...>
Take old Route 66 ( that goes along the north side of Lake Overholser) and on west along the north side of Yukon ( just west of the Kirkpatrick Expressway) to Sara Road. Turn right on Sara Road ( north) and follow it north until it turns into a gravel road.
The large wetlands on the left(west) side is Rose Lake.
With all this rain it will be full of water now and really look like a “lake”. As it slowly dries up it becomes a large mud flat for the most part. Many shore birds stop there/ stay there/ feed there.
Hal Yocum

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 25, 2018, at 6:13 AM, Brett Niland <bestguess...> wrote:
>
> Will be in OKC today. Would yo mind providing directions to this spot? Having trouble locating on a map.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Brett Niland
>
>> On Jun 22, 2018, at 6:31 PM, Jerry Taylor <j.taylor143...> wrote:
>>
>> Sharon, thanks for the heads up. Marilyn and I went out there after lunch
>> today and it was great. We got 24 species including 16 Little Blue Herons,
>> 10 Snowy Egrets, 12 Cattle Egrets and 7 Dark Ibis (I think they were Glossy
>> Ibis but not 100% positive.) But the real treat was all the baby Mallards
>> and Canada Geese. You made our day. :)
>>
>> Jerry Taylor

Back to top
Date: 6/25/18 4:14 am
From: Brett Niland <bestguess...>
Will be in OKC today. Would yo mind providing directions to this spot? Having trouble locating on a map.

Thank You,

Brett Niland

> On Jun 22, 2018, at 6:31 PM, Jerry Taylor <j.taylor143...> wrote:
>
> Sharon, thanks for the heads up. Marilyn and I went out there after lunch
> today and it was great. We got 24 species including 16 Little Blue Herons,
> 10 Snowy Egrets, 12 Cattle Egrets and 7 Dark Ibis (I think they were Glossy
> Ibis but not 100% positive.) But the real treat was all the baby Mallards
> and Canada Geese. You made our day. :)
>
> Jerry Taylor

Back to top

Date: 6/21/18 6:41 pm
From: David Arbour <arbour...>
Subject: Red Slough Bird Survey - June 21
It started off overcast and calm but turned partly cloudy and windy on the
bird survey today. 66 species were found. We got 3.5 inches of rain
yesterday which greatly relieved the serious drought we were in. Lots of
young out now. Lots of Anhinga young in the nests in the heronry as well as
at least two Neotropic Cormorant nests with young. Have not noticed any
Cattle Egret young yet but lots of birds sitting on nests. Saw several
broods of Common Gallinule young, some with up to a dozen tiny newly hatched
chicks. Saw a few Pied-billed Grebe young as well. Here is my list for
today:

Black-bellied Whistling Duck - 9

Wood Duck - 20

Gadwall - 1 male

Hooded Merganser - 9 (full sized and able to fly, Hatch Year birds.)

Pied-billed Grebe - 5

Neotropic Cormorant - 8 adults (Two nests now contain young.)

Anhinga - 65 adults (Lots of young in nests now.)

Great-blue Heron - 11

Great Egret - 27

Snowy Egret - 52

Little-blue Heron - 79

Cattle Egret - 800 (numbers growing.)

Green Heron - 9

White Ibis - 56

Black Vulture - 4

Turkey Vulture - 10

Mississippi Kite - 5

Red-shouldered Hawk - 1

Purple Gallinule - 27

Common Gallinule - 30

American Coot - 5

Killdeer - 1

Least Tern - 1

Mourning Dove - 6

Yellow-billed Cuckoo - 3

Ruby-throated Hummingbird - 7

Red-bellied Woodpecker - 1

Downy Woodpecker - 2

Eastern Wood-Pewee - 1

Acadian Flycatcher - 1

Eastern Phoebe - 1

Great-crested Flycatcher - 2

Eastern Kingbird - 2

Scissor-tailed Flycatcher - 2

White-eyed Vireo - 11

Bell's Vireo - 2

Red-eyed Vireo - 1

Blue Jay - 2

American Crow - 4

Fish Crow - 3

Purple Martin - 1

Tree Swallow - 12

Barn Swallow - 24

Carolina Chickadee - 1

Tufted Titmouse - 5

Carolina Wren - 11

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - 1

Eastern Bluebird - 7

Northern Mockingbird - 1

Yellow-throated Warbler - 3

Pine Warbler - 1

Prothonotary Warbler - 7

Hooded Warbler - 1

Common Yellowthroat - 6

Yellow-breasted Chat - 6

Summer Tanager - 1

Eastern Towhee - 3

Northern Cardinal - 17

Indigo Bunting - 25

Painted Bunting - 11

Dickcissel - 19

Red-winged Blackbird - 29

Eastern Meadowlark - 3

Common Grackle - 6

Brown-headed Cowbird - 16

Orchard Oriole - 2

Odonates:

Swamp Darner

Prince Baskettail

Royal River Cruiser

Stillwater Clubtail

Four-spotted Pennant

Halloween Pennant

Eastern Pondhawk

Slaty Skimmer

Widow Skimmer

Common Whitetail

Eastern Amberwing

Blue Dasher

Black Saddlebags

Herps:

Red-eared Slider

Eastern Narrow-mouthed Toad

Green Treefrog

Blanchard's Cricket Frog

Southern Leopard Frog

Bullfrog

Good birding!

David Arbour

De Queen, AR

Back to top
Date: 6/21/18 9:44 am
From: SHARON HENTHORN <shenthorn205...>
Subject: HOT SPOT!!!

Date: 6/21/18 7:10 am
From: Scott Loss <scottrloss...>
Subject: Lake Carl Blackwell - No frigatebird
For anyone still contemplating a drive up to Stillwater today, not
surprisingly, the Magnificent Frigatebird was nowhere to be found at Lake
Carl Blackwell this morning. The lake was also otherwise empty except for a
single Double-crested Cormorant.

Scott Loss
Stillwater

Back to top
Date: 6/21/18 4:09 am
From: David Arbour <arbour...>
Subject: Red Slough Birding Convention Species list - May 2018
Sorry this is late:

David Arbour

Red Slough Birding Convention Species List - 2018

Key: RS: Red Slough WMA

LR: Little River NWR

MCWA: McCurtain County Wilderness Area

CT: Champion Trees Tour

I: Idabel

SEOSU: Southeastern Campus - Idabel

Total Species: 157

Tour/Location

Black-bellied Whistling Duck RS

Canada Goose RS

Wood Duck RS, LR, CT

Blue-winged Teal RS, CT

Hooded Merganser RS

Wild Turkey MCWA

Northern Bobwhite MCWA

Pied-billed Grebe RS, LR

Neotropic Cormorant RS

Double-crested Cormorant RS

Anhinga RS

American Bittern RS, LR

Least Bittern RS

Great Blue Heron RS, LR

Great Egret RS, LR

Snowy Egret RS, LR, CT

Little Blue Heron RS, LR

Tricolored Heron RS

Cattle Egret RS, LR, CT

Green Heron RS

Black-crowned Night-Heron RS

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron RS, LR, CT

White Ibis RS

Black Vulture RS, LR, CT

Turkey Vulture RS, LR

Mississippi Kite RS, LR, MCWA

Northern Harrier RS

Cooper's Hawk RS, MCWA

Red-shouldered Hawk RS, LR, MCWA

Broad-winged Hawk LR

Swainson's Hawk RS

Red-tailed Hawk LR

American Kestrel MCWA

Merlin RS

King Rail RS

Sora RS

Purple Gallinule RS

Common Moorhen RS

American Coot RS

Killdeer RS

Greater Yellowlegs RS

Lesser Yellowlegs RS

Solitary Sandpiper RS

Spotted Sandpiper RS

Least Sandpiper RS

Pectoral Sandpiper RS

Wilson's Phalarope RS

Caspian Tern RS

Rock Pigeon I

Mourning Dove RS, LR

Inca Dove RS

Common Ground Dove LR

Yellow-billed Cuckoo RS, LR, CT

Greater Roadrunner SEOSU

Eastern Screech Owl SEOSU

Great Horned Owl MCWA

Barred Owl LR

Chuck-Will's-Widow SEOSU

Whip-por-will MCWA

Chimney Swift LR, MCWA

Ruby-throated Hummingbird LR

Red-headed Woodpecker RS, CT

Red-bellied Woodpecker RS, LR, CT

Downy Woodpecker RS, LR

Hairy Woodpecker RS

Northern Flicker CT

Pileated Woodpecker RS, LR, CT

Red-cockaded Woodpecker MCWA

Eastern Wood-Pewee RS, LR, MCWA

Acadian Flycatcher RS, LR, MCWA

Willow Flycatcher RS

Least Flycatcher RS

Eastern Phoebe MCWA

Great Crested Flycatcher LR

Eastern Kingbird RS, LR

Scissor-tailed Flycatcher RS, LR, CT, SEOSU

Loggerhead Shrike LR

White-eyed Vireo LR, RS, MCWA

Bell's Vireo RS

Yellow-throated Vireo RS, LR, MCWA

Blue-headed Vireo RS

Warbling Vireo RS

Philadelphia Vireo RS

Red-eyed Vireo RS, LR, MCWA

Blue Jay RS, LR, MCWA, CT

American Crow LR

Fish Crow RS, LR

Purple Martin LR

Tree Swallow RS

Cliff Swallow RS

Barn Swallow RS, LR, SEOSU

Carolina Chickadee RS, LR, CT

Tufted Titmouse RS, LR, CT

Brown-headed Nuthatch MCWA

Carolina Wren LR, RS

Sedge Wren RS

Ruby-crowned Kinglet RS

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher RS, LR

Eastern Bluebird RS, LR, CT, SEOSU

Swainson's Thrush RS, LR

American Robin CT

Gray Catbird RS, LR

Northern Mockingbird RS, LR

Brown Thrasher RS, CT

European Starling CT, LR

Cedar Waxwing RS, CT

Tennessee Warbler RS

Orange-crowned Warbler RS

Nashville Warbler RS, LR

Northern Parula LR, MCWA

Yellow Warbler RS, LR

Chestnut-sided Warbler RS, LR

Magnolia Warbler RS

Yellow-rumped Warbler RS, MCWA

Blackburnian Warbler RS

Yellow-throated Warbler RS, LR, MCWA

Pine Warbler RS, MCWA

Prairie Warbler RS, LR, MCWA

Blackpoll RS

Black-and-white Warbler RS, LR

American Redstart RS, MCWA

Prothonotary Warbler RS, LR

Swainson's Warbler LR, SEOSU

Northern Waterthrush RS

Louisiana Waterthrush LR, CT

Kentucky Warbler LR

Common Yellowthroat RS, LR

Hooded Warbler LR

Wilson's Warbler RS

Yellow-breasted Chat RS, LR, CT, MCWA

Summer Tanager RS, LR

Scarlet Tanager MCWA

Eastern Towhee LR, RS

Chipping Sparrow LR, MCWA

Clay-colored Sparrow RS

Lark Sparrow RS

Savannah Sparrow RS

LeConte's Sparrow RS

Lincoln's Sparrow RS

White-throated Sparrow RS, LR

White-crowned Sparrow RS

Northern Cardinal RS, LR, CT

Rose-breasted Grosbeak RS, LR, CT

Blue Grosbeak LR, CT

Indigo Bunting RS, LR, CT

Painted Bunting RS, LR

Dickcissel RS, LR, CT

Bobolink I

Red-winged Blackbird RS, LR

Eastern Meadowlark LR, CT

Common Grackle RS, LR

Great-tailed Grackle RS, CT

Brown-headed Cowbird RS, LR, MCWA, CT

Orchard Oriole RS, LR

Baltimore Oriole RS, LR

American Goldfinch LR, MCWA

House Sparrow SEOSU

Back to top
Date: 6/20/18 3:07 pm
From: HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...>
Subject: Mitch Park Birding -Summertime
Summer is here tomorrow- at least officially. Often we think that means less birds to see and the " same old thing every day".

In the last 2 days at Mitch Park, in Edmond I have had sightings of just around 50 species. Generally I get 28-35 on any given day, but some species vary as to being seen or heard on a daily basis. This list will likely reflect about 90% of what is around there as even 2 days doesn't take into account "flyovers" and there is likely 10 more species that may be seen during the summer months.

Species seen:

Canadian goose

Mallard

Bob White quail

Green Heron- flyover and at pond behind senior center

Little blue heron- ( ditto above)

Great blue heron- (ditto above)

Turkey vulture

Red Shouldered Hawk

Red tailed Hawk

American Kestrel

Mississippi Kite

Killdeer

Rock dove( Pigeon)

Mourning dove

Eurasian collared dove

Yellow-billed cuckcoo

Black chinned hummingbird- east side at trail entrance to small pond in adjoining neighborhood

Black chinned / Ruby throated hybrid hummingbird

Downy woodpecker

Red bellied woodpecker

Scissor tailed flycatcher- nested and young easily seen in the skate park parking lot

Eastern Phoebe

Western kingbird

Eastern kingbird

Bells vireo- usually heard in the sand plum thickets, but actually seen both days

American crow

Fish crow

Blue jay

Barn sawllow

Purple martin- usually flying high over the park

Tufted titmouse

Bewick's wren

Carolina wren

bluegray gnatcatcher - seen less than usual due to silent , and nesting

Eastern bluebird

American Robin

Northern Mockingbird

Brown thrasher

European starling

Louisiana waterthrush- along the creek either side of the bridge

Field sparrow

Lark sparrow

Northern cardinal- I have seen the leucistic female about 1x a week , near the hill to the west of the bridge

Painted Bunting- still singing both days

Dickcissel- usually singing to the north of the skate park parking lot

Red winged blackbird- at pond behind the senior center

Common grackle- woods and pond behind the senior center

Great tailed grackle

Brown headed cowbird

Eastern Meadowlark

American goldfinch

House finch

House Sparrow

The only other common species that I did not see during these last 2 days is Carolina chickadee.

Come and see some great summer birds.

Hal A. Yocum

Back to top
Date: 6/20/18 11:09 am
From: Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...>
Subject: Re: cedar waxwing nesting record
For a bird outing soon I think that I'll check that out.
I have a couple of thoughts, but, I'll go see first....
Thanks for your note, Esther.
Larry in Joplin.
Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...> 6-20-18.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 7:38 PM, Esther M Key <emkok...> wrote:

> We were at the Bicentennial State Park recently and discovered it has been
> closed and a gate prevents entry.
>
> Esther Key OKC
> On 6/18/2018 8:24 AM, Lawrence Herbert wrote:
>
> I found a cedar waxwing nest on 7 June, 1997, at Bicentennial State Park,
> Ottawa County, OK.
> It was 8 meters high in a sycamore tree, well out on a horizontal limb.
> The record was published in the OOS Bull., Vol. 30, number 4, in Dec.,
> 1997.
> It was under the General Notes heading.
> The nest appeared to be about half complete. Here's a quote from the note:
> "The birds were using pieces of the sycamore's paper-thin outer bark and
> dead
> grass-like stems of ragweed (Ambrosia sp.) for nesting material. I
> observed one bird pass
> a thin stem to the other, bill to bill, and the recepient used this stem
> to line the nest."
> They were silent during my observation time 0800 to 0845.
> When I returned on 26 June the nest was gone but there were some waxwings
> in the
> vicinity.
> The record also made the 2004 OK Breeding Bird Atlas, pp 344-345.
>
> Larry, in Joplin
> Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...>
> 6-18-18.
>

> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_sig-2Demail-3Futm-5Fmedium-3Demail-26utm-5Fsource-3Dlink-26utm-5Fcampaign-3Dsig-2Demail-26utm-5Fcontent-3Demailclient-26utm-5Fterm-3Dicon&d=DwMDaQ&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=WtcHdIgfPcd5duugjo56RvrWKXWbcpxsIgrqUhahxv0&m=F5yyXB8GI-ML0I-a89nOl-_UWX4y69JZfci09Mre_4k&s=6OIEAw0ZK3N5jY0qQiex5gowox8Uq5YAqeefcdmuVpg&e=> Virus-free.
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_sig-2Demail-3Futm-5Fmedium-3Demail-26utm-5Fsource-3Dlink-26utm-5Fcampaign-3Dsig-2Demail-26utm-5Fcontent-3Demailclient-26utm-5Fterm-3Dlink&d=DwMDaQ&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=WtcHdIgfPcd5duugjo56RvrWKXWbcpxsIgrqUhahxv0&m=F5yyXB8GI-ML0I-a89nOl-_UWX4y69JZfci09Mre_4k&s=mSV505OUe9yMtnKyP_usOkNg6dtZt__9dtfiDebqqTo&e=>
> <#m_-193699936206484110_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Back to top
Date: 6/20/18 8:48 am
From: Scott Loss <scottrloss...>
Subject: UPDATE: Magnificent Frigatebird - Lake Carl Blackwell
As an update to my previous post - I was able to watch the Magnificent
Frigatebird circle lazily over Lake Carl Blackwell for over half an hour.
Tim O'Connell was also able to get to the dam (at the east end of Lake Carl
Blackwell) in time to see it, and Mike Yough also got to Ski Point in time
to get a distant view of the bird with me.

I originally saw this bird foraging just above the water only about 250 ft
north of Ski Point (associating with a boat of fishermen), and then it
started flying higher and circling over the lake. Of course, my camera
battery was dead, but I was able to get a diagnostic video of the bird
circling in flight using my smart phone. As I am unable to post the video
to my eBird checklist (due to file compatability issues), I'll post it to
both the OOS and Payne County Audubon facebook pages.

Unfortunately, when I left, it looked like the bird was heading further
away and higher, so it may not stick around for anyone thinking of driving
to Stillwater. Nonetheless, it may still be worth checking at Lake Carl
Blackwell or one of the other nearby lakes (McMurtry or Boomer) since I
can't guarantee 100% that it left the area.

Scott Loss
Stillwater

Back to top
Date: 6/20/18 6:52 am
From: Scott Loss <scottrloss...>
Subject: Magnificent Frigatebird - Lake Carl Blackwell
I am watching a Magnificent Frigatebird from Ski Point at Lake Carl
Blackwell right now. My camera battery is dead but I have video of the bird
in flight on my phone. It is circling east towards the dam right now. This
sighting almost makes sense given the tropical moisture we've had coming
from the Gulf of Mexico the last 2 days.

Scott Loss
Stillwater

Back to top
Date: 6/19/18 5:49 pm
From: Esther M Key <emkok...>
We were at the Bicentennial State Park recently and discovered it has
been closed and a gate prevents entry.

Esther Key  OKC

On 6/18/2018 8:24 AM, Lawrence Herbert wrote:
> I found a cedar waxwing nest on 7 June, 1997, at Bicentennial State
> Park, Ottawa County, OK.
> It was 8 meters high in a sycamore tree, well out on a horizontal limb.
> The record was published in the OOS Bull., Vol. 30, number 4, in Dec.,
> 1997.
> It was under the General Notes heading.
> The nest appeared to be about half complete.  Here's a quote from the
> note:
> "The birds were using pieces of the sycamore's paper-thin outer bark
> and dead
> grass-like stems of ragweed (Ambrosia sp.) for nesting material.  I
> observed one bird pass
> a thin stem to the other, bill to bill, and the recepient used this
> stem to line the nest."
> They were silent during my observation time 0800 to 0845.
> When I returned on 26 June the nest was gone but there were some
> waxwings in the
> vicinity.
> The record also made the 2004 OK Breeding Bird Atlas, pp 344-345.
>
> Larry, in Joplin
> Lawrence Herbert <certhia13...> <mailto:<certhia13...>
>                      6-18-18.

Back to top
Date: 6/18/18 9:29 am
From: J.B. Tibbits <jeff_osu...>
Subject: New Eldorado birding areas
Hello all!

I'm the biologist coordinating the Oklahoma Land Access Program (OLAP), and I am very happy to announce two new OLAP Wildlife-viewing Areas south of Eldorado: Jackson_W001 and Jackson_W002. These two areas comprise 320 acres.

PLEASE NOTE: These areas aren't open to the public until July 1, 2018.

These areas are intended to provide a walk-in opportunity for birders looking for southwestern species such as Golden-fronted Woodpecker, Ladder-backed Woodpecker, Black-crested Titmouse, Ash-throated Flycatcher, etc. (all of which are present). Additionally, it's my hope that a neat southwestern vagrant or two will turn up occasionally. Pyrrhuloxia have been viewed from the road in the immediate area.

No license/permit is required, and access is year-round. Access is walk-in only, vehicles are prohibited. Additional instructions for directions, parking, entrances, can be found at:
https://wildlifedepartment.com//fi/Jackson_W001_W002_0.pdf<https://wildlifedepartment.com/sites/default/files/Jackson_W001_W002_0.pdf>

However, I highly encourage folks to use digital maps in addition to a printable paper map (cell service can be weak in the area), which can be found at www.wildlifedepartment.com/OLAP<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wildlifedepartment.com%2FOLAP&h=AT2mhpKdFRmEwKB1w-o1qJKcLVjg2PgRXo6FGaHjUXCRUokvBLVtRF2bx3eME_A3XYmCl95kX3DtXwaUa2fqZajWKgul0BxrMKcFcyWixeFgndbjA3JKEWo67nB7pjaV6JBInC-F1tjj9zB3z7FFUv-w>
.

An additional note is that this country can be a little rougher. Visitors should plan accordingly for rattlesnakes, hot weather, stinging insects, etc.

Thank you to all of the participants who took the 2016 OK Birder Survey. Your participation provides the data to guide management decisions that makes OLAP Wildlife-viewing Areas possible. I will release another survey later this year, with the intent to distribute an OK Birder Survey every 2 years to provide long-term tracking of participation, trends, etc.

Best regards,
Jeff

Back to top
Date: 6/18/18 6:32 am
From: Terry Mitchell <terry...>
Subject: Photo link
Here’s a link to some recent photo’s if you care to look. I mean recent as
in from February to present day. There are photos from South Texas, Black
Mesa, Hackberry, Red Slough and other places. Thanks Terry.

http://www.pbase.com/ttownvstrom/recent_photos&page=2

Terry Mitchell

Plastic Engineering

918-622-9660

[...]