OKbirds
Received From Subject
9/19/18 4:12 pm David Arbour <arbour...> Red Slough Bird Survey - Sept. 18
9/19/18 7:15 am JOS GRZYBOWSKI <j_grzybowski...> Fw: eBird Webinars
9/18/18 9:14 pm Bill Carrell <cyanocitta.tachopteryx...> Black Phoebe
9/18/18 1:25 pm HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...> Birding Boiling Springs State Park and Ft. Supply Lake 9/17
9/18/18 11:13 am Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...> Rose Lake & L. Hefner
9/17/18 5:33 pm Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...> wEEKEND BIRDING
9/17/18 5:59 am Jo <jo.loyd...> Tulsa Birders
9/17/18 5:34 am Mia Revels <0000004e74e60ce3-dmarc-request...> Fwd: Arkansas Audubon Society fall convention, October 5-7 | Texarkana, Arkansas
9/16/18 10:24 am Jim Arterburn <JIMARTERBURN...> Laughing Gulls on Ft. Gibson Lake
9/16/18 6:37 am Richrd Gunn <richardgunn1940...> Kyle Horton on NPR
9/13/18 7:28 pm David Arbour <arbour...> Red Slough Bird Survey - Sept. 13
9/13/18 6:03 pm HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...> Stinchcomb East this AM.
9/13/18 11:09 am Jim Jorgensen <hpah...> Re: Prairie Warbler/Lake Draper
9/13/18 10:45 am Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...> Prairie Warbler/Lake Draper
9/13/18 9:58 am William Diffin <okiebirder...> OOS Fall Meeting Registration
9/11/18 4:57 pm Jerry Taylor <j.taylor143...> Re: EBIRD 2018 Taxonomic changes
9/11/18 4:56 pm Scott Loss <scottrloss...>
9/11/18 1:32 pm William Diffin <okiebirder...> Re: EBIRD 2018 Taxonomic changes
9/11/18 1:28 pm Feldt, Andrew N. <afeldt...> Re: EBIRD 2018 Taxonomic changes
9/10/18 7:20 pm Scott Loss <scottrloss...> Another Frigatebird at Lake Carl Blackwell
9/10/18 12:14 pm Curtis, Tom <tom.curtis...> Re: Possible Whooping Crane Sighting
9/10/18 11:39 am Poland, Zachary <zpoland...> Re: Possible Whooping Crane Sighting
9/10/18 10:52 am John Kennington <johnkennington...> Possible Whooping Crane Sighting
9/6/18 11:23 am Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...> Reddish Egret
9/5/18 10:16 am Jim Arterburn <JIMARTERBURN...> New photos added to PBase website
9/4/18 5:54 pm Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...> FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Sep 4, 2018
9/4/18 1:37 pm LEWIS POND <breaker57...> 3 Wilson's Warblers in the yard in Sand Springs
9/4/18 1:31 pm Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...> This morning at Oxley
9/3/18 6:47 pm O Connell, Tim <tim.oconnell...> Payne County Audubon - Fall kickoff this Thursday!
9/3/18 5:01 pm David John <dtjohn07...> Re: A glimpse of fall
9/3/18 2:33 pm Jennifer Kidney <jenlkidney...> A glimpse of fall
9/3/18 1:23 pm Poland, Zachary <zpoland...> Stinchcomb Canada Warbler
9/2/18 8:07 pm Kurt Meisenzahl <meisenzk...> Fw: eBird Report - Meisenzagh residence, Sep 2, 2018
9/2/18 5:14 pm Bill Carrell <cyanocitta.tachopteryx...> More Migrants
9/2/18 3:28 pm Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...> FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Sep 2, 2018
9/1/18 10:51 am Patricia Velte <pvelte...> September Migration Report (2 of 2)
9/1/18 10:47 am Patricia Velte <pvelte...> September Migration Report (1 of 2)
8/31/18 5:43 pm Bill Carrell <cyanocitta.tachopteryx...> A Few Migrants
8/31/18 4:41 pm Richrd Gunn <richardgunn1940...> This morning on south Jenkins
8/31/18 4:02 pm John Hurd <jackhurd...> Fw: eBird Report - Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge, Aug 31, 2018
8/31/18 3:31 pm HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...> Migrants at Mitch Park, Edmond
8/31/18 1:29 pm Laura Stanfill <LauraStanfill...> Bartlesville Birders
8/29/18 4:35 pm Evelyn Houck <efhouck727...> Re: WF ibis on Jenkins
8/29/18 4:33 pm Richrd Gunn <richardgunn1940...> WF ibis on Jenkins
8/28/18 9:17 am Bill Carrell <cyanocitta.tachopteryx...> Tuesday Morning
8/21/18 3:24 pm HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...> Mitch Park , Edmond today 8/21/18

Back to top
Date: 9/19/18 4:12 pm
From: David Arbour <arbour...>
Subject: Red Slough Bird Survey - Sept. 18
It was partly cloudy and very hot on the bird survey yesterday. 49 species
were found. Very few passerines today. We need a change in the weather.
There's is a large accumulation of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks in the
Stork and Pintail Lakes area apparently staging before migrating out. Here
is my list for yesterday:

Black-bellied Whistling Duck - 62

Wood Duck - 117

Blue-winged Teal - 33

Northern Shoveler - 5

Green-winged Teal - 2

Pied-billed Grebe - 7

Neotropic Cormorant - 2 (Ward Lake)

Double-crested Cormorant - 1 (Ward Lake)

Anhinga - 5

Great-blue Heron - 7

Great Egret - 26

Snowy Egret - 11

Little-blue Heron - 1

Cattle Egret - 4

Black-crowned Night-Heron - 2

White Ibis - 4

Roseate Spoonbill - 1 (Otter Lake)

Black Vulture - 11

Turkey Vulture - 94

Red-shouldered Hawk - 2

Purple Gallinule - 10

Common Gallinule - 26

American Coot - 2

Killdeer - 5

Greater Yellowlegs - 2

Solitary Sandpiper - 1

Spotted Sandpiper - 1

Least Sandpiper - 1

Rock Pigeon - 1

Mourning Dove - 2

Chimney Swift - 4

Ruby-throated Hummingbird - 1

Belted Kingfisher - 1

Red-bellied Woodpecker - 2

Downy Woodpecker - 1

Hairy Woodpecker - 3

Eastern Phoebe - 2

White-eyed Vireo - 6 (still singing)

Blue Jay - 3

American Crow - 4

Tree Swallow - 2

Northern Rough-winged Swallow - 10

Carolina Chickadee - 4

Tufted Titmouse - 4

Carolina Wren - 5

European Starling - 1

Northern Cardinal - 8

Indigo Bunting - 1

Red-winged Blackbird - 8

Odonates:

Common Green Darner

Regal Darner - 1

Prince Baskettail

Halloween Pennant

Eastern Pondhawk

Slaty Skimmer

Blue Dasher

Wandering Glider

Striped Saddlebags - 1

Black Saddlebags

Herps:

American Alligator

Blanchard's Cricket Frog

Good birding!

David Arbour

De Queen, AR

Back to top
Date: 9/19/18 7:15 am
From: JOS GRZYBOWSKI <j_grzybowski...>
Subject: Fw: eBird Webinars
Dan Scheiman, of the Arkansas Bird Conservatory asked me to post this general interest invitation.
CHEERS,                        JOE Grzybowski

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 7:54 AM, Daniel Scheiman <birddan...> wrote:

Hi Joe,
Would you mind posting this to OKbirds for me?
----------------------
Registration is now open for Audubon Arkansas's eBird webinars. http://ar.audubon.org/news/register-ebird-webinars
 Dr. Dan Scheiman, Audubon Arkansas's Bird Conservation Director and volunteer eBird Reviewer is holding three webinars:
eBird Basics, Wednesday, September 26, 6:30pm-8:30pm
eBird Basics, Saturday, September 29, 10:00am-12:00pm repeat of Sept. 26
eBird Extras, Wednesday, October 3, 6:30pm-8:30pm
 The last one will include topics that you want to learn about, so submit your questions when you register.
 These are live, online, demonstrations with a chance to ask questions. Cost is $15 each. You will be given login details when you register. You can listen in via your phone or computer speakers. Space is limited.

Back to top
Date: 9/18/18 9:14 pm
From: Bill Carrell <cyanocitta.tachopteryx...>
Subject: Black Phoebe
Hello All,

Spent part of Monday and Tuesday at Black Mesa State Park on the way back
from NM and AZ (after spending part of the previous weekend there on the
way out). The only thing of note was a Black Phoebe below the dam at Lake
Etling (e-bird report with photo coming later), the same spot and almost
the same date that I saw one there in 2016. Also saw a mob of warblers,
mostly Wilson's but also 1 each of Orange-Crowned, Audubon's and Yellow.
Other than a brief glimpse of a probable Green-Tailed Towhee, that was
pretty much it.

On another note, since the last time I was out there, they have removed the
line of junipers below the dam, but they left the ones along the fence
line. For a positive spin, at least the brush piles may be a good birding
spot during the winter.

Good Birding,
Bill Carrell
Tulsa, OK

Back to top
Date: 9/18/18 1:25 pm
From: HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...>
Subject: Birding Boiling Springs State Park and Ft. Supply Lake 9/17
I stopped by these 2 great ( at times) birding spots in OK listed above on my return from a trip to northern NM ( Raton & Cimarron) areas.

At Boiling Springs State Park 8-10 AM 9/17 birding was spotty.

When I heard or located any birds there were quite a few and good variety.

I walked the woodland and river trails and had 16 sightings or heard the following: 16 species

Wild Turkey- hen + 4 young

white breasted nuthatch-5

hairy woodpecker-1

downy woodpecker-hear 2 tapping

pileated wood woodpecker- flushed 1 that called as it flew

red-bellied woodpecker - heard several calling ans had 3 sightings

broad winged hawk- flying overhead

Am. robin- many

yellow billed cuckoo-1

Ca. wren- several calling/ singing

blue jay-1

great crested flycatcher-1 in trees near park office

Mississippi kite - 40, all circling high

Am. crow- calling

Eastern bluebird- several at picnic area

Baltimore oriole

Fort Supply Lake 10:30 - noon 9 species

The lake was notable for LACK OF ANY BIRDS ON THE WATER

spotted sandpiper- 2 , i in winter plumage

western sandpiper-1

great tailed grackle

road runner-1

Turkey vulture- several soaring and sweeping very low

wild turkey- hen and 6 young climbing the dam wall

barn swallow

great egret

bald eagle- immature- sitting on south side tree and later soaring along the south side of the lake.

Hal A. Yocum

Back to top
Date: 9/18/18 11:13 am
From: Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...>
Subject: Rose Lake & L. Hefner
At Rose Lake, the Ibis and Egrets (Snowy, Great) were on the far west side.
On the playas 1 mile west were Mallards.

The Osprey was present at L. Hefner east of the inlet. It soared and then
perched. At the police station, at the bottom of the boat ramp) was one
Common Mergenser (female) keeping company with Mallards.

Matt Jung, OKC

Back to top
Date: 9/17/18 5:33 pm
From: Matthew Jung <mpjung5125...>
Subject: wEEKEND BIRDING
Stopped twice at Rose Lake and Lake Hefner and found these:

14 WF Ibis, about the number of Snowy Egrets, two Green and three Little
Blue Heron and a handful of Great Egrets plus a dew Mallards at Rose Lake.

At Lake Hefner: one Green Heron, a few Great and Snowy Egrets, one DC
Cormorant and an Osprey. The areas were the inlet and the cove behind the
fire station.

Matt Jung, OKC

Back to top
Date: 9/17/18 5:59 am
From: Jo <jo.loyd...>
Subject: Tulsa Birders
The Tuesday Morning Birders have changed their meeting time to 8:00 AM at
LaFortune Park.

Jo Loyd

Back to top
Date: 9/17/18 5:34 am
From: Mia Revels <0000004e74e60ce3-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Fwd: Arkansas Audubon Society fall convention, October 5-7 | Texarkana, Arkansas
Hello Oklahoma Birders,

The Arkansas Audubon Society contacted me to share some information about
their upcoming meeting. It is coming up relatively soon, and being held at
a location near Oklahoma, in Texarkana, Arkansas. Also, there are some
Oklahoma field trips on the Arkansas Audubon Meeting agenda! Check out the
information below, which contains both a link to their website with more
information, and a pdf of their announcement.

Happy Birding,
Mia Revels
Tahlequah, OK
born and raised in:
southwestern Arkansas!

Date: 9/16/18 10:24 am
From: Jim Arterburn <JIMARTERBURN...>
Subject: Laughing Gulls on Ft. Gibson Lake
OKBirds,

Ken Williams found two first-cycle Laughing Gulls at Taylor Ferry North
on September 10th. See the link below for a few photos. There were also
many Caspian and Forster's Terns around also including several
juveniles.

We also had several butterflies below the Ft. Gibson Dam including Yehl
Skipper, Southern Pearly-eye and Southern Pearly-eye.

For those interested see the links below.

http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/recentbirds

http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/recentbutterflies

Cheers,

Jim

Back to top
Date: 9/16/18 6:37 am
From: Richrd Gunn <richardgunn1940...>
Subject: Kyle Horton on NPR
Anyone who has spent any time on South Jenkins probably ran into Kyle. I
was sorry when he headed off to Cornell but never realized what a big deal
he was. He was interviewed this morning about migrating birds and radar
images and how birders and others could take advantage of the info. Now i
know someone famous.
D.

Back to top
Date: 9/13/18 7:28 pm
From: David Arbour <arbour...>
Subject: Red Slough Bird Survey - Sept. 13
It was partly cloudy and hot with a moderate wind today on the bird survey.
Was a slow day; only 51 species were found. But the quality was not bad.
The numbers of our local waders are dropping as birds migrate out. There
was quite a movement of vultures today (both species) moving from the
northeast toward the southwest but no hawks were noticed moving with them.
The Roughleaf Dogwood patch near the northwest corner of Bittern Lake
continues to produce some migrants feeding on the berries. Here is my list
for today:

Black-bellied Whistling Duck - 1

Wood Duck - 34

Blue-winged Teal - 80

Pied-billed Grebe - 15

Anhinga - 13

Great-blue Heron - 4

Great Egret - 11

Snowy Egret - 55

Little-blue Heron - 2

Cattle Egret - 53

Green Heron - 2

Black-crowned Night-Heron - 2

White Ibis - 66

Roseate Spoonbill - 9 (Eight 1st year birds & one 2nd year bird.)

Wood Stork - 4

Black Vulture - 94

Turkey Vulture - 62

Red-shouldered Hawk - 4

Purple Gallinule - 9 (6 adults & 3 juveniles)

Common Gallinule - 28

American Coot - 3

Killdeer - 7

Spotted Sandpiper - 1

Semipalmated Sandpiper - 1

Least Sandpiper - 23

Mourning Dove - 1

Ruby-throated Hummingbird - 1

Belted Kingfisher - 1

Red-bellied Woodpecker - 1

Downy Woodpecker - 3

Hairy Woodpecker - 3

Pileated Woodpecker - 1

Alder Flycatcher - 2 (feeding on Roughleaf Dogwood berries)

Least Flycatcher - 3 (feeding on Roughleaf Dogwood berries)

Eastern Phoebe - 2

White-eyed Vireo - 11 (still singing)

Warbling Vireo - 1 (feeding on Roughleaf Dogwood berries)

Blue Jay - 1

American Crow - 9

Tree Swallow - 1

Northern Rough-winged Swallow - 3

Carolina Chickadee - 2

Tufted Titmouse - 1

Carolina Wren - 5

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - 2

Black-and-white Warbler - 1

Summer Tanager - 1 (feeding on Roughleaf Dogwood berries)

Northern Cardinal - 6

Indigo Bunting - 4

Red-winged Blackbird - 15

Yellow-headed Blackbird - 1

Odonates:

Lilypad Forktail

Fragile Forktail

Duckweed Firetail - 8

Common Green Darner

Regal Darner - 1

Halloween Pennant

Eastern Pondhawk

Slaty Skimmer

Great-blue Skimmer

Blue Dasher

Eastern Amberwing

Wandering Glider

Striped Saddlebags - 1

Black Saddlebags

Herps:

American Alligator

Softshell Turtle sp.

Red-eared Slider

Watersnake species

Orange-striped Ribbon Snake

Bronze Frog

Good birding!

David Arbour

De Queen, AR

Back to top
Date: 9/13/18 6:03 pm
From: HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...>
Subject: Stinchcomb East this AM.
I birded Stinchcomb east this AM 9:30- noon.

32 species

1.5 miles , walking

Generally the entire walk was quiet( but I can not hear high pitched call such as most warblers, blue gray gnatcatchers). Most birds seen were in bird busy areas, but generally no birds in most of the walk. The black-throated green warblers were with chickadees, titmice, r.e.vireo and summer tanager between the waterhole and 1st electrical building. All other warblers were in 1 large tree about 1/2 wat to water hole.

RTHA- sitting high on pole near entrance

RSHA- flew from a tree across from that water hole at mile 1, after that called intermittently for 1/2 an hour

MIKI- tree near entrance

RODO- flyover

MODO

ECDO- tree near entrance

GBHE

GREG- creek near entrance

EAPH

EWPW- slight crest and no tail bob

Empodonax sp.- minimal to no eye ring, calling matched willow f.c.

Eastern bluebird- across field on fence

CAWR-singing

TUTI-calling

CACH

DOWO-tapping, flying

RBWO- calling x2

Hummingbird-female or immature

Blue gray gnatcatcher- (BGGN?)

BLJA

AMRO

SUTA- female

TUVU

AMCR

FICR- calling

YEWA-2-3

WIWA 1

AMRS ( redstart-female) 1

Black throated green Warbler- 5-6

REVI 1

NOCA

RWBB- blackbird on wires across field

EUST- fields

Hal Yocum

Back to top
Date: 9/13/18 11:09 am
From: Jim Jorgensen <hpah...>
Subject: Re: Prairie Warbler/Lake Draper
Thank you for the observation and the report. Have a wonderful day !

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2018, at 12:45 PM, Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...> wrote:

I was riding the I-240 bicycle trail and stopped at the intersection of Midwest Blvd and Lake Draper Drive North.
I heard a Prairie Warbler singing it’s upslurred, buzzy trilling notes. The bird song was coming from somewhere to
the south/southeast and was some distance away. This area is very near where OKC Audubon conducts it’s
Woodcock Watch field trips.
I don’t know if this was a migrant or perhaps a bird that has been here during the summer attempting to nest.
The habitat would be somewhat similar to it’s preferred type of scrubby, patchy, and open areas.
This detection occurred about 11AM today.

Jimmy Woodard
Midwest City, OK

Back to top

Date: 9/13/18 9:58 am
From: William Diffin <okiebirder...>
Subject: OOS Fall Meeting Registration
The OOS Fall Meeting will be October 19-21 at the University of
Central Oklahoma. On line registration for the meeting is now
available on the OOS homepage, www.okbirds.org. For those who prefer
mail-in registration, there is a link to a mail-in registration form
in the REGISTRATION section of the meeting announcement on the
homepage. Deadlines for lunch and dinner meal registrations are
October 8 by mail and October 11 on line.

The Fall Meeting is the annual state-wide technical meeting. The main
focus of the meeting will be technical presentations by bird sciene
researchers and wildlife experts.

The OOS Fall Meeting is the major contact point between researchers,
wildlife experts and that segment of the general public that has an
interest in birding, bird conservation and bird science. Anyone with
these interests is heartily encouraged to attend the meeting.
Membership in OOS is not a prerequisite.

The keynote speaker at the Saturday night banquet will be Dr. Michael
Patten of the University of Oklahoma. His topic is "How variation in
microclimate affects occupancy patterns of birds, both migratory and
resident, in North and Middle America". In addition to the banquet and
technical presentations on Saturday, there will be a bird
identification quiz Friday night, a silent auction on Saturday and a
field trip on Sunday morning.

We hope to see you there!

The Oklahoma Ornithological Society

William Diffin, President Elect

Back to top
Date: 9/11/18 4:57 pm
From: Jerry Taylor <j.taylor143...>
Subject: Re: EBIRD 2018 Taxonomic changes
This all sort of reminds me of the old proverb: A man with a watch always knows what time it is, but a man with two watches is never quite certain. J

Date: 9/11/18 4:56 pm
From: Scott Loss <scottrloss...>
Subject:
I unsuccessfully searched for the frigatebird today before co-teaching a
class with Corey Riding at Lake Carl Blackwell. Corey and I also kept our
eyes open during class and did not see it. All that was on/over the lake
was an Osprey, a Ring-billed Gull and some Turkey Vultures.

Scott Loss
Stillwater

Back to top
Date: 9/11/18 1:32 pm
From: William Diffin <okiebirder...>

Date: 9/11/18 1:28 pm
From: Feldt, Andrew N. <afeldt...>

On Sep 7, 2018, at 4:06 PM, Jerry Davis <jwdavis...><mailto:<jwdavis...>> wrote:

Many changes in 2018 and anyone making bird lists will see their lists change. It seems like the only way to really keep up with this is by using ebird rather than trying to make changes in Clemons or other hard copies.

Jerry Wayne Davis
Hot Springs, AR

https://ebird.org/news/2018-ebird-taxonomy-update?utm_source=Cornell+Lab+eNews&utm_campaign=cd76fdbeaf-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_09_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_47588b5758-cd76fdbeaf-277846765<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ebird.org_news_2018-2Debird-2Dtaxonomy-2Dupdate-3Futm-5Fsource-3DCornell-2BLab-2BeNews-26utm-5Fcampaign-3Dcd76fdbeaf-2DEMAIL-5FCAMPAIGN-5F2018-5F09-5F07-26utm-5Fmedium-3Demail-26utm-5Fterm-3D0-5F47588b5758-2Dcd76fdbeaf-2D277846765&d=DwMFAw&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=WtcHdIgfPcd5duugjo56RvrWKXWbcpxsIgrqUhahxv0&m=EwAQhfPdrBu1BUwfvX6c4v-LvL6VdcTGe-RwWfELDBY&s=aIR5yWIlggDvvx7Vw4Y3ZNZpbKTlP5RIaZrLHF0zop8&e=>

Back to top
Date: 9/10/18 7:20 pm
From: Scott Loss <scottrloss...>
Subject: Another Frigatebird at Lake Carl Blackwell
Cody Barnes reported an immature Magnificent Frigatebird from Ski Pt at
Lake Carl Blackwell today. He also was able to get very clear diagnostic
photos at close range (pics can be seen on the Payne County Audubon
facebook page). This is the 2nd frigatebird seen at this exact location
this year. I saw one in late June, also after Oklahoma experienced several
days of a tropical weather pattern with moisture streaming from the Gulf of
Mexico.

Scott Loss
Stillwater

Back to top
Date: 9/10/18 12:14 pm
From: Curtis, Tom <tom.curtis...>
Subject: Re: Possible Whooping Crane Sighting
If i recall correctly, there is a Florida population that is a non-migratory, and an on-going attempt to establish a second population that breeds in the upper midwest, and winters in Florida, I believe at St. Marks NWR, my old stomping grounds.

Have fun,

Tom Curtis

________________________________

Date: 9/6/18 11:23 am
From: Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...>
Subject: Reddish Egret
Hello All,

There was a white-phase reddish egret(about a foot shorter than a great blue heron nearby, white feathers, light pink bill with a dark gray tip, and black legs and feet) standing on the structure about 100 yards west of the monument at Lake Yahola in Tulsa this morning. I watched it in the rain through my scope for about 10 minutes. Bill Carrell arrived as it was flying off to the northeast across the lake.

Mark Peterson

Bartlesville

Back to top
Date: 9/5/18 10:16 am
From: Jim Arterburn <JIMARTERBURN...>
Subject: New photos added to PBase website
OKBirds & OKLeps,

In trying to get caught up on my photos I discovered a group of
red-tailed Hawk photos from January 2016 that I had never uploaded to my
website. Included are most of the Red-tailed Hawk subspecies, morphs and
ages. Also included are a couple of Ruby-throated Hummingbird and a
Carolina wren photos from Tulsa. For those interested here is the link
to the photos - http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/recentbirds.

In addition I have included a gallery of bird photos from our annual
visit to the see the kids in Whitefish, Montana. Most of the photos are
of hummingbirds taken from the deck of where we were staying. Included
are photos of calliope, Black-chinned and Rufous Hummingbird. Here is
the link to these photos -

http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/montanabirds2018.

I have also included a small gallery of butterflies from NW Montana as
well as a few local butterfly photos. Here is the link to these
butterfly photos -

http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/recentbutterflies.

And finally for anyone interested in Dragonflies and damselflies I have
uploaded a small gallery of NW Montana odes as well as recent ode photos
from Flycatcher Trail and Veterans Park in Jenks. Here is the link to
these photos -

http://www.pbase.com/oklahomabirder/recentodonate

Cheers,

Jim Arterburn

Back to top
Date: 9/4/18 5:54 pm
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Sep 4, 2018
Went to the park again this morning. Same result as before. Very few migrants.

Jimmy Woodard
Midwest City, OK

Joe B. Barnes Park, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, US Sep 4, 2018 9:50 AM - 10:35 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
31 species (+2 other taxa)

Canada Goose 40
Muscovy Duck (Domestic type) 6
Mallard (Domestic type) 8
Eurasian Collared-Dove 4
Mourning Dove 5
Chimney Swift 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 2
Northern Flicker 2
Least Flycatcher 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
White-eyed Vireo 4
Blue Jay 5
American Crow 7
Purple Martin 1
Barn Swallow 7
Carolina Chickadee 5
Tufted Titmouse 4
Carolina Wren 6
Bewick's Wren 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 15
Eastern Bluebird 4
American Robin 2
Brown Thrasher 4
Northern Mockingbird 2
European Starling 50
House Finch 3
Baltimore Oriole 5
Yellow Warbler 2
Northern Cardinal 11
House Sparrow 6

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48299087

Back to top
Date: 9/4/18 1:37 pm
From: LEWIS POND <breaker57...>
Subject: 3 Wilson's Warblers in the yard in Sand Springs
I saw three Wilson's come through my yard in Sand Springs at about 3:20 pm. They stayed low and two landed in my neighbor's bird baths. They stayed for a short while and then continued down the creek.

Back to top
Date: 9/4/18 1:31 pm
From: Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...>
Subject: This morning at Oxley
Hello All,

This morning I walked the North Woods trail and the loop to Lake Sherry at Oxley in Tulsa. Warblers were on the move including:

Northern Parula-2

Yellow-4

Magnolia-1

Black and White-1

American Redstart-4

Wilson's-3

Mark Peterson

Bartlesville

Back to top
Date: 9/3/18 6:47 pm
From: O Connell, Tim <tim.oconnell...>
Subject: Payne County Audubon - Fall kickoff this Thursday!
Dear Friends and Supporters of the Payne County Audubon Society,

I know it doesn’t feel like Fall just yet, but I can assure you that the birds are on the move. Our Mississippi Kites will be gone any day now and we’ve only got a few more weeks of the real hummingbird antics. This also means that it’s time for us to emerge from our summer hibernation and get outside again!

Beginning 2018, we are moving to just two evening meetings per semester and placing greater emphasis on field trips. We will also spread the location around three different Stillwater venues, so please be sure to check the website for locations. Thursday evening meetings and presentations will be held in the Education Center of the Botanic Garden at Oklahoma State University, at the Stillwater Public Library, and at Hideaway Pizza. We begin THIS THURSDAY:
Season Opening Pot Luck Dinner!
Thursday, Sep. 6th, 6:00 pm, Botanic Garden at OSU
Bring a dish and/or drink to share (or not, we’ll feed you!) this THURSDAY night at 6:00 pm in the Education Center of the Botanic Garden at OSU. This annual meeting is a chance to catch up with each other, make new friends, and hear about PCAS events for the coming fall and next spring. There will be bird-themed games (!) and, weather-permitting, a chance for a lovely stroll in this verdant gem that is the Botanic Garden at OSU.

Our first field trip is coming up, too. We’ll meet at Couch Park on SUNDAY morning, Sep. 23rd, at 10:00 am for . . .

Birding By Ear 1.0 – Sunday, 23 Sept. Meet at 10:00 a.m. in the parking lot across from the Senior Citizens Center on 12th Street in Stillwater. Participants are encouraged to bring not only binoculars, but birding apps or devices they can use to verify IDs made by ear in Couch Park. Leader: Les Imboden; <quailrancher...><mailto:<quailrancher...>

Good birding,

~Tim O’Connell
PCAS President

Back to top
Date: 9/3/18 5:01 pm
From: David John <dtjohn07...>
Subject: Re: A glimpse of fall
This afternoon, while working outside (in the country near Skiatook in north Tulsa County) I found six spider milkweed plants with Monarch caterpillars. Nice to see.

David

David T. John, <dtjohn07...><mailto:<dtjohn07...>, 15020 N. Lewis Ave., Skiatook, OK 74070, 918-396-4277.

________________________________
I'm seeing more and more Monarch butterflies as they make their slow migration south, and today my asters have a single bloom, but this morning I had a pretty male Yellow Warbler in fall plumage at my bird bath. I'm looking forward to seeing more warbler moving through in the next few weeks.

Jennifer Kidney

Norman

Back to top

Date: 9/3/18 1:23 pm
From: Poland, Zachary <zpoland...>
Subject: Stinchcomb Canada Warbler
Continues. Same location the Brian Marra reported yesterday.

ZAP

Sent from my mobile device.

Back to top
Date: 9/2/18 8:07 pm
From: Kurt Meisenzahl <meisenzk...>
Subject: Fw: eBird Report - Meisenzagh residence, Sep 2, 2018

Spent some time in the backyard this morning and was fortunate to see 20 species and hear 2.  The Barred Owl was heard in the evening when we brought in the feeders.
Kurt MeisenzahlLawton, OK

Meisenzagh residence, Comanche, Oklahoma, US
Sep 2, 2018 9:00 AM - 11:45 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:    backyard
22 species (+2 other taxa)

Inca Dove  2    heard
White-winged Dove  12
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  2
Black-chinned Hummingbird  1
hummingbird sp.  16    visiting feeders, Turk's Cap & Trumpet Vines
Red-shouldered Hawk  1    close in the cottonwoods in plain sight
Barred Owl  1    heard
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy Woodpecker  1
White-eyed Vireo  2
Red-eyed Vireo  1
Carolina Chickadee  4
Tufted Titmouse  5
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
Carolina Wren  2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  2
European Starling  5
House Finch  8
Nashville Warbler  1
Mourning Warbler  1    1st winter bird, thin/broken eye-ring, pale yellow throat, broken breastband,  yellow below.  Seen with binoculars from 30 feet on the ground near the ground water
Wilson's Warbler  2
warbler sp. (Parulidae sp.)  1    Mourning Warbler
Northern Cardinal  7
House Sparrow  6

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48256105

Back to top
Date: 9/2/18 5:14 pm
From: Bill Carrell <cyanocitta.tachopteryx...>
Subject: More Migrants
Hello All,

This morning at Oxley, saw Yellow-Bellied Fycatcher (vocalizing), two
Wilson's Warblers and a Prothonotary Warbler (not often seen up here in
September).
In the North Woods, Wilson's Yellow, another Prothonotary, Canada and
Magnolia Warblers.

Good Birding,

Bill Carrell
Tulsa, OK

Back to top
Date: 9/2/18 3:28 pm
From: Jimmy Woodard <j.woodard...>
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Joe B. Barnes Park, Sep 2, 2018
I birded the park in Midwest City hoping for a few migrants. Not much of note other than
a few remaining breeding species and a couple of migrants.

Jimmy Woodard
Midwest City, OK

Joe B. Barnes Park, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, US Sep 2, 2018 8:15 AM - 9:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
40 species (+3 other taxa)

Canada Goose 2
Muscovy Duck (Domestic type) 6
Mallard (Domestic type) 8
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 2
Eurasian Collared-Dove 4
Mourning Dove 4
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Killdeer 1
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron 1
Turkey Vulture 4
Mississippi Kite 8
Cooper's Hawk 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 3
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 2
Least Flycatcher 1
Empidonax sp. 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
White-eyed Vireo 2
Blue Jay 5
American Crow 4
Barn Swallow 2
Carolina Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 3
Carolina Wren 5
Bewick's Wren 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 3
Eastern Bluebird 4
American Robin 8
Gray Catbird 1
Brown Thrasher 1
Northern Mockingbird 2
European Starling 20
House Finch 4
Orchard Oriole 1
Baltimore Oriole 1
Common Grackle 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 1 seen well at close range.
Yellow Warbler 4
Northern Cardinal 7
House Sparrow 6

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S48249231

Back to top
Date: 9/1/18 10:51 am
From: Patricia Velte <pvelte...>
Subject: September Migration Report (2 of 2)
September Departures

Mottled Duck September 6 - Rare in S. McCurtain Co.
only

Least Bittern September 29 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE,
SE

Tricolored Heron September 27 - Rare in Alfalfa Co. only
in NW, Rare in Canadian and Oklahoma Cos, only in C, Rare in Johnston Co.
only in SC, Rare in Bryan, Choctaw and S. McCurtain Cos. Only in SE

White Ibis September 16 - C, SC

Wood Stork September 27 - Johnston and Marshall
Cos. Only in SC; Bryan, Choctaw and S. McCurtain Cos. Only in SE

Mississippi Kite September 30 - ALL - East to
Washington, Rogers, Wagoner and Muskogee Cos. Only

Spotted Sandpiper September 27 - PAN

Willet September 12 - ALL

Upland Sandpiper September 10 - PAN and September 28 - NW,
SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Long-billed Curlew September 10 - PAN Cimarron and Texas
Cos. Only

Marbled Godwit September 20 - PAN, NW, SW, C, SC, NE

Ruddy Turnstone September 28 - NW west to Alfalfa, Major
and Blaine Cos. Only, SW west to Washita, Kiowa and Tillman Cos. Only, C,
SC, NE, SE

Common Gallinule September 15 - NW rare in Major Co only,
SW Rare in Tillman Co. only, C, SC

Black-necked Stilt September 16 - PAN, C, SC, SE rare in
S. McCurtain Co only

Piping Plover September 28 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE

Least Tern September 21 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE,
SE

Buff-breasted Sandpiper September 24 - NW west to Woods, Woodward,
Dewey and Custer cos only, SW west to Washita, Kiowa and Tillman cos only,
C, SC, NE, SE

Short-billed Dowitcher September 16 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Chuck-will's-widow September 12 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Black-chinned Hummingbird September 15 - PAN Cimarron Co only and September
20 - NW north to Blaine, Dewey and Roger Mills cos, SW, C east to Logan,
Oklahoma and Cleveland Cos, SC rare in Stephens and Jefferson cos only

Black-billed Cuckoo September 20 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Common Nighthawk September 28 - PAN

Olive-sided Flycatcher September 30 - ALL

Western Wood-Pewee September 26 - PAN Cimarron Co only

Eastern Wood-Pewee September 30 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher September 25 - SW west to Caddo, Comanche
and Cotton cos only, C, SC, NE, SE

Acadian Flycatcher September 1 - SC Pontotoc, Johnston and
Marshall cos only, NE, SE

Alder Flycatcher September 16 - C, SC, NE, SE

Willow Flycatcher September 25 - ALL

Hammond's Flycatcher September 26 - PAN rare in Cimarron Co only

Dusky Flycatcher September 26 - PAN rare in Cimarron Co
only

Vermilion Flycatcher September 15 - PAN rare in northwestern
Cimarron Co only

Ash-throated Flycatcher September 2 - PAN Cimarron co and rare in
Texas and Beaver cos; NW rare in Blaine Co only, SW west to Comanche and
Tillman cos only

Great Crested Flycatcher September 17 - PAN Texas and Beaver Cos only
and September 25 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Cassin's Kingbird September 28 - PAN northwestern
Cimarron Co only

Western Kingbird September 29 - PAN

Eastern Kingbird September 15 - PAN and September 21 -
NW, SW, C, SC, NE

Bell's Vireo September 26 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE,
SE

Black-capped Vireo September 28 - Comanche Co only

Yellow-throated Vireo September 29 - C west to Payne, Oklahoma
and Cleveland cos only, SC Pontotoc and Johnston cos only, NE, SE

Plumbeous Vireo September 21 - PAN rare in Cimarron Co
only

Cassin's Vireo September 7 - PAN rare in Cimarron
Co only

Warbling Vireo September 30 - ALL

Purple Martin September 12 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Tree Swallow September 20 - PAN, NW

Northern Rough-winged Swallow September 20 - PAN

Bank Swallow September 27 - ALL

Cliff Swallow September 6 - PAN and September 28 -
NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Cave Swallow September 10 - SW rare in Comanche and
Kiowa cos only and September 10 - SE rare in south McCurtain co only

Swainson's Thrush September 30 - ALL

Northern Waterthrush September 21 - ALL

Black-and-white Warbler September 27 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Prothonotary Warbler September 10 - NW Alfalfa and Major cos
only, C, SC, NE, SE

Swainson's Warbler September 4 - SE rare in McCurtain co only

Virginia's Warbler September 15 - PAN rare in Cimarron Co
only

MacGillivray's Warbler September 20 - PAN Cimarron Co only

Kentucky Warbler September 26 - C west to Logan, Oklahoma
and Cleveland cos only, SC Johnston and Pontotoc cos only, NE, SE

Common Yellowthroat September 26 - PAN

Hooded Warbler September 28 - SE Latimer, LeFlore,
Pushmataha and McCurtain cos only

American Redstart September 28 - ALL

Bay-breasted Warbler September 27 - NE, SE

Yellow Warbler September 12 - PAN and September 25 -
NW, C, NE and September 20 - SW and September 30 - SE

Chestnut-sided Warbler September 27 - SW rare in Comanche Co, C,
SC, NE, SE

Yellow-throated Warbler September 25 - C west to Payne, Lincoln and
Cleveland Cos only, SC west to Pontotoc, Murray, Johnston and Love cos only,
NE, SE

Townsend's Warbler September 21 - PAN rare in Cimarron Co only

Canada Warbler September 23 - C, SC, NE, SE

Yellow-breasted Chat September 9 - PAN and September 19 - NW,
SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Green-tailed Towhee September 29 - PAN rare in Cimarron Co only

Cassin's Sparrow September 2 - PAN, NW west to Alfalfa
and Major cos only, SW, C rare in Canadian Co only, SC rare in Jefferson and
Carter cos only

Lark Sparrow September 22 - PAN

Black-throated Sparrow September 16 - PAN rare in Cimarron Co only

Grasshopper Sparrow September 24 - PAN

Western Tanager September 25 - PAN

Black-headed Grosbeak September 21 - PAN

Lazuli Bunting September 25 - PAN

Painted Bunting September 23 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Bobolink September 27 - NW, C, SC, NE, SE

Orchard Oriole September 11 - ALL

Bullock's Oriole September 11 - PAN, NW Harper, Ellis
and Roger Mills cos only, SW all counties except Caddo, east Comanche and
Cotton cos.

Baltimore Oriole September 25 - NW, SW all counties
except Harmon, Greer and Jackson cos, C, SC, NE, SE

Red Knot September 20 - NW rare in Alfalfa
Co only, C, NE

Pat Velte

<pvelte...> <mailto:<pvelte...>

Oklahoma City, OK

Back to top
Date: 9/1/18 10:47 am
From: Patricia Velte <pvelte...>
Subject: September Migration Report (1 of 2)
Dear OKBirders,

The arrival and departure lists are long this month so I'm sending them in
separate messages.

September Arrivals

Northern Pintail September 1 - C, SC, NE,
SE

Lesser Scaup September 25 - ALL

Cinnamon Teal September 7 - PAN, NW, SW

Eared Grebe September 4 - ALL

Virginia Rail September 2 - ALL

Sharp-shinned Hawk September 12 - ALL

Sabine's Gull September 6 - PAN, NW,
C, SC, NE

Common Poorwill September 19 - C, SC, NE rare
east to Osage, Tulsa and Creek cos

Red-naped Sapsucker September 21 - PAN rare in
Cimarron Co only

Merlin September 2 - ALL

Prairie Falcon September 24 - ALL

Yellow-bellied Flycatcher September 3 - SW west to Caddo,
Comanche and Cotton cos only, C, SC, NE, SE

Plumbeous Vireo September 2 - PAN rare in
Cimarron Co only

Blue-headed Vireo September 1 - NW, SW, C, SC,
NE, SE

Philadelphia Vireo September 12 - C, SC, NE,
SE

Mountain Chickadee September 20 - ALL

Red-breasted Nuthatch September 10 - ALL

House Wren September 16 - SC, SE

Marsh Wren September 26 - ALL

Sedge Wren September 27 - C, SC

Ruby-crowned Kinglet September 10 - ALL

Mountain Bluebird September 27 - PAN

Townsend's Solitaire September 17 - PAN

Swainson's Thrush September 7 - PAN and
September 11 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Hermit Thrush September 22 - PAN

Sage Thrasher September 1 - PAN Cimarron
Co only

American Pipit September 25 - PAN and
September 29 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Cedar Waxwing September 9 - PAN and
September 24 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Ovenbird September 5 - NW, SW,
C, SC, NE, SE

Tennessee Warbler September 13 - NW, SW, C, SC,
NE, SE

Orange-crowned Warbler September 4 - PAN and September 22
- NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Nashville Warbler September 3 - ALL

Bay-breasted Warbler September 10 - NE, SE

Chestnut-sided Warbler September 6 - SW rare in
Comanche Co, C, SC, NE, SE

Palm Warbler September 29 - NE, SE

Yellow-rumped Warbler September 8 - PAN and September
29 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Townsend's Warbler September 1 - PAN rare in
Cimarron Co only

Green-tailed Towhee September 7 - PAN rare in
Cimarron Co only

Spotted Towhee September 25 - ALL

Eastern Towhee September 30 - SW rare in
Comanche co only, C rare west to Payne, Lincoln and Seminole Cos only, SC
Pontotoc, Johnston and Marshall cos rare in rest of SC, NE west to
Washington, Tulsa, Okmulgee and Okfuskee cos only, SE

Clay-colored Sparrow September 2 - NW, SW, C, SC,
NE, SE

Vesper Sparrow September 1 - PAN and
September 27 - NW, C, NE and September 27 - SW, SC, SE

Savannah Sparrow September 6 - PAN and September
14 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

Nelson's Sparrow September 21 - NE, SE

Song Sparrow September 15 - PAN

Lincoln's Sparrow September 15 - PAN and
September 22 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE, SE

White-crowned Sparrow September 23 - PAN

Dark-eyed Junco September 27 - ALL

Western Tanager September 2 - PAN Cimarron Co
only

Rose-breasted Grosbeak September 17 - NW, SW, C, SC, NE,
SE

Bobolink September 1 - NW, C,
SC, NE, SE

Western Meadowlark September 16 - SC, NE, SE

Brewer's Blackbird September 17 - NW, SW, C,
SC, NE, SE

The information presented here comes from The Oklahoma Bird Records
Committee of the Oklahoma Ornithological Society, which publishes a Date
Guide to the Occurrences of Birds in Oklahoma. This booklet divides Oklahoma
into 7 geographic regions, and lists the normal dates of occurrence for each
Oklahoma bird species within each region. Observers are urged to report
unusual species, or birds out of date or out of normal range in Oklahoma,
based on the information given in this publication.

The Oklahoma Ornithological Society and Oklahoma Bird Records Committee web
site, http://www.okbirds.org/
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.okbirds.org_&d=DwMF
Ag&c=qKdtBuuu6dQK9MsRUVJ2DPXW6oayO8fu4TfEHS8sGNk&r=WtcHdIgfPcd5duugjo56RvrWK
XWbcpxsIgrqUhahxv0&m=2vQtBcEMCWHUoqVAUDIoNy1TqY-d26hsBIAQxg8xVQU&s=vmtuUpTHr
gYD_40Zl53mmxRVBIumGPM9qUiRGr6nju0&e=> , includes ordering information for
the Date Guide to the Occurrences of Birds in Oklahoma, information on
documenting significant records, documentation forms, instructions, and a
searchable database for Oklahoma bird migration information. Birders are
cordially invited to join the Oklahoma Ornithological Society.

Happy birding!

Pat Velte

<pvelte...> <mailto:<pvelte...>

Oklahoma City, OK

Back to top
Date: 8/31/18 5:43 pm
From: Bill Carrell <cyanocitta.tachopteryx...>
Subject: A Few Migrants
Hello All,

A few passerine migrants starting to show up, saw American Redstart and
Nashville Warbler at Oxley, and a Black&White Warbler in the North Woods.

Good Birding,

Bill Carrell
Tulsa, OK

Back to top
Date: 8/31/18 4:41 pm
From: Richrd Gunn <richardgunn1940...>
Subject: This morning on south Jenkins
A friend and i picked the wf ibis and an American Bittern. These were on
private land back to the east.I haven't seen a bittern down here in years
and also we got a whitewinged dove which is rather uncommon down here. I
hope it has its flak jacket on as dove season starts tomorrow.
D.

Back to top
Date: 8/31/18 4:02 pm
From: John Hurd <jackhurd...>
Subject: Fw: eBird Report - Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge, Aug 31, 2018
Stinchcomb West, Like Mitch park is starting to see early fall Migrants, no Redstart but a Mourning Warbler, today Stinchcomb's Yellow Warblers gave plenty of chips giving away their locations in thick leafy trees. Plenty of empids. the ones that are talking give the soft "whet" of Willow, have not been able to sus out any Alder, or Least's so far this Fall.

Jack Hurd
OKC

Date: 8/31/18 3:31 pm
From: HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...>
Subject: Migrants at Mitch Park, Edmond
The 5+ regular birders at Mitch Park have been seeing a small but steady appearance of early fall migrants.

Today we saw a yellow warbler female moving about a blackjack oak and only got short looks. It was not singing , even chip notes. I wondered if it would respond to a call. I played recording No2 from my I bird Pro and the response was immediate . it came to the edge of the tree and flew right over us landing right above us. Great views.

Later we saw a female A. redstart.

Yesterday we saw an empidonax, no singing and no response to the least song. We have been seeing empidonax nearly daily now.

Orchard orioles females have been seen at several areas within the last week.

Likely more to come, as summer gets to it's last days.

Hal Yocum

Back to top
Date: 8/31/18 1:29 pm
From: Laura Stanfill <LauraStanfill...>
Subject: Bartlesville Birders
Just moving to the area and want to meet other area birders.
Is there an Audubon or other organized group in BVille?
Can contact me off list. Thanks.

Laura Stanfill
<laurastanfill...>

Back to top
Date: 8/29/18 4:35 pm
From: Evelyn Houck <efhouck727...>
Subject: Re: WF ibis on Jenkins
On Aug 29, 2018 6:33 PM, "Richrd Gunn" <richardgunn1940...> wrote:

Not much going on, but a couple of flyover upland sandpipers and a single
wf ibis with herons, egrets on a flooded field. It flew when i walked up
but it called as it flew off.
D.

Back to top

Date: 8/28/18 9:17 am
From: Bill Carrell <cyanocitta.tachopteryx...>
Subject: Tuesday Morning
Hello All,

This morning I saw a Caspian Tern and a couple of Black Terns at Lake
Yahola. Most of the Martins appear to have departed.

Good Birding,

Bill Carrell
Tulsa, OK

Back to top
Date: 8/21/18 3:24 pm
From: HAROLD YOCUM <drhal2...>
Subject: Mitch Park , Edmond today 8/21/18
Birding in Mitch Park today was great in many respects. First, the weather fro 8-10 AM was perfect- 70 degrees, wind only 2-3 mph and the sun was shining for excellent visibility. The extraneous noise level was low and even I could hear rather well.

Species seen or heard- 29

mourning dove

eastern bluebird

n. cardinal

painted bunting (female)

A. crow

Fish crow- seen and heard 8

European starling

Empidonax species- 2OS today, I only had limited views of the bird's head, but yesterday I identified 1 as Least flycatcher.

Yellow warbler -(female) FOS

blue jay

Carolina wren -singing only

turkey vulture

house sparrow

field sparrow

house finch

Am. robin

blue-gray gnatcatcher

Bell's vireo-singing only

brown thrasher

pigeon

killdeer

red tailed hawk

western kingbird

red-bellied woodpecker

chimney swift

barn swallow

black chinned hummingbird

e. phoebe

scissortailed flycatcher

Last week I saw 2 orchard orioles - females FOS

We still have most summer birds present and early migrants are passing through.

Join us on Facebook!