Maine-birds
Received From Subject
4/23/24 6:57 am Denise Johnson <dpj113...> [Maine-birds] Cowbird Cape Neddick
4/20/24 6:43 am Fair point <chrisjames...> [Maine-birds] FOY Brown Thrasher
4/19/24 3:15 pm 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...> [Maine-birds] Recent Highlights, 4/11-19
4/18/24 8:54 am Denise Johnson <dpj113...> [Maine-birds] Chipping sparrows
4/16/24 10:54 am Denise Johnson <dpj113...> [Maine-birds] Broad-winged hawk
4/12/24 7:45 am Bob Knight <bob...> [Maine-birds] Brooksville. Two Pileated WP on same tree
4/11/24 2:31 pm Denise Johnson <dpj113...> [Maine-birds] FOY N Flicker
4/10/24 1:55 pm Bob Knight <bob...> [Maine-birds] Brooksville FOY Phoebe and Flicker
4/9/24 7:05 pm Rich MacDonald <rich...> [Maine-birds] FOY Hancock County Eastern Phoebe & Tree Swallow
4/8/24 9:31 am Juanita Roushdy <juanitar...> [Maine-birds] A few Bremen arrivals
4/7/24 8:26 am Nancy W. Dickinson <nwd1...> [Maine-birds] Harrier
3/31/24 4:48 pm Becky Marvil <bmarvil...> [Maine-birds] Acadia Birding Festival (May 30-June 2) - PRE-REGISTRATION OPEN

Back to top
Date: 4/23/24 6:57 am
From: Denise Johnson <dpj113...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Cowbird Cape Neddick
FOY - BH Cowbirds are back 9:54am CN west

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 4/20/24 6:43 am
From: Fair point <chrisjames...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] FOY Brown Thrasher
FOY Brown Thrasher today in Cape Elizabeth on exact date as last year.

Chris James
Sent from my iPad

Back to top
Date: 4/19/24 3:15 pm
From: 'Derek and Jeannette Lovitch' via Maine birds <maine-birds...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Recent Highlights, 4/11-19
Hi all,
My observations of note over the past nine days are included here, as is a photo suite of (one of?) the Little Egret x Snowy Egret hybrids from this past Sunday.
https://mebirdingfieldnotes.blog/2024/04/19/recent-highlights-4-11-4-19-2024/

-Derek

 Derek and Jeannette Lovitch

 Freeport Wild Bird Supply

 541 Route One, Suite 10

 Freeport, ME 04032

 207-865-6000

 www.freeportwildbirdsupply.com

Back to top
Date: 4/18/24 8:54 am
From: Denise Johnson <dpj113...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Chipping sparrows
FOY here in Cape Neddick west.
(Are 3 Broadwings a “kettle”; 2 are just a “pair”?)
Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 4/16/24 10:54 am
From: Denise Johnson <dpj113...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Broad-winged hawk
FOY Flyover with signature call, Cape Neddick west. 4/16/24 1:37pm

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 4/12/24 7:45 am
From: Bob Knight <bob...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Brooksville. Two Pileated WP on same tree
Yesterday my wife Lucia and I were captivated by two Pileated Woodpeckers
working on the same snag in our backyard by the cove. Hoping for a nest!..
We have resident Pileateds all summer, but I don't think I have ever seen
two of them at the same time on the same tree! Spring! Bob Knight

Back to top
Date: 4/11/24 2:31 pm
From: Denise Johnson <dpj113...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] FOY N Flicker
Cape Neddick - a really good looking Flicker edge of “lawn” in the forest leaves. Beautifully created bird.

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 4/10/24 1:55 pm
From: Bob Knight <bob...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Brooksville FOY Phoebe and Flicker
Our Phoebe's are back! Messing around the feeder this morning with the
usual suspects.
And then
Saw my first Flicker in the field!

YAY

Back to top
Date: 4/9/24 7:05 pm
From: Rich MacDonald <rich...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] FOY Hancock County Eastern Phoebe & Tree Swallow
Two first of the years (FOYs) today:

An Eastern Phoebe greeted me as I walked my Bar Harbor woods trail this morning.

This afternoon, driving down the Bayside Road in Ellsworth, two Tree Swallows were wheeling over a fallow field.

Richard MacDonald

The Natural History Center

P.O. Box 6

Bar Harbor, Maine 04609

207/266-9461

<Rich...>

www.TheNaturalHistoryCenter.com

www.facebook.com/TheNaturalHistoryCenter

Back to top
Date: 4/8/24 9:31 am
From: Juanita Roushdy <juanitar...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] A few Bremen arrivals
A real treat this morning to see a pale grey ghost flying over the tidal flats and surrounding area - a male Northern Harrier - magnificent in the sunlight. Yesterday, several Pine Siskins were mixed in with the American Goldfinch flocks. Also a flock of voracious and aggressive Robins took over the mealworm feeder! At least four Fox Sparrows have been here several days. Oh, and an Eastern Phoebe singing and sitting on the barn roof!

Juanita

Juanita Roushdy
Bremen, ME

Back to top
Date: 4/7/24 8:26 am
From: Nancy W. Dickinson <nwd1...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Harrier
As the snow melts again, right now there is a handsome Northern Harrier skimming back and forth over our fields, floating just a few feet above the ground. It is strikingly white underneath with black wingtips, pale gray on top, with white rump.
Hooray!

Nancy
Pemaquid

Nancy Dickinson

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?—Mary Oliver

Back to top
Date: 3/31/24 4:48 pm
From: Becky Marvil <bmarvil...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Acadia Birding Festival (May 30-June 2) - PRE-REGISTRATION OPEN
ACADIA BIRDING FESTVIAL

Join the BIRDING fun!

May 30 - June 2 (Thursday to Sunday)
Mount Desert Island, Acadia Nat’l Park

* 100+ Field Trips - with 50+ bird guides
* Boating Adventures - including a Pelagic trip, Sat June 1
* Keynote Presentations - Dan Gardoqui and Holly Merker
* Birding Workshops – photo and sketching
* Socials and Vendors

PRE-REGISTRATION NOW OPEN.

Click HERE <https://acadiabirdingfestival.com/form2024pre.php> to get started, and receive more email information about the festival.

Selection of events opens April 3.

Come for a partial day or all four days. Click HERE <http://acadiabirdingfestival.com/schedule.php> to view our schedule of events.

For more general information about the festival, click HERE <http://acadiabirdingfestival.com/>

The Acadia Birding Festival is a non-profit organization designed to provide birding activities for everyone. Proceeds are gifted to local conservation and educational organizations, especially those that help protect and teach about our birds and their habitats.

Hope you can join us!

Questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact me at <mailto:<beckym...> <beckym...>

Happy Birding,

Becky

Becky Marvil

Acadia Birding Festival (May 30 – June 2, 2024)

Mount Desert Island, Maine

https://acadiabirdingfestival.com <https://acadiabirdingfestival.com/>