mnbird
Received From Subject
1/23/18 5:37 pm Michael Hurben via Mnbird <mnbird...> Re: [Mnbird] Birding Field Guide Books for Cambodia, Vietnam?
1/23/18 1:35 pm Jim Harkness via Mnbird <mnbird...> Re: [Mnbird] Birding Field Guide Books for Cambodia, Vietnam?
1/20/18 5:06 am Paul Schumacher via Mnbird <mnbird...> [Mnbird] test post, ignore
1/16/18 1:52 pm Ed via Mnbird <mnbird...> [Mnbird] Snowy Owl in Jackson County
1/15/18 8:01 am Charter via Mnbird <mnbird...> [Mnbird] White Redtail
1/13/18 3:35 pm Raymond Faber via Mnbird <mnbird...> [Mnbird] redpoll
1/8/18 1:33 pm Valerie Cunningham via Mnbird <mnbird...> [Mnbird] Watch the birds of Panama from your chair
1/8/18 9:55 am Molly Miller Johnson via Mnbird <mnbird...> [Mnbird] Brown Creeper, Dakota Co
12/29/17 8:48 am Alan Stankevitz via Mnbird <mnbird...> [Mnbird] Video: The Tundra Swans of Pool 8
12/28/17 10:24 am Tami Vogel via Mnbird <mnbird...> [Mnbird] Snowy Owl, Clearwater
12/24/17 6:54 am dan&erika via Mnbird <mnbird...> [Mnbird] Snowy Owl / Sibley Co.

Back to top
Date: 1/23/18 5:37 pm
From: Michael Hurben via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: Re: [Mnbird] Birding Field Guide Books for Cambodia, Vietnam?
Molly:
We are doing a year-long stint in Thailand this year, and the Robson book is our bible here. It covers a wide area and the illustrations are good. It does lack range maps, however, which is a drag, and the species accounts are separate from the plates. Our copy is a hardcover and the cover is falling apart but the interior is staying intact.

-Michaelhttps://legallyblindbirding.net

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 1:40:57 AM GMT+7, Molly Miller Johnson via Mnbird <mnbird...> wrote:

<!--#yiv0264932322 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}-->
Does anyone have a recommendation on a field guide for birds in Cambodia and Vietnam?

Thank you for the backchannel responses!

Molly Miller

Inver Grove Hts,

Dakota Co

Back to top
Date: 1/23/18 1:35 pm
From: Jim Harkness via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Birds of SE Asia by Craig Robson. I was just there!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 23, 2018, at 12:40 PM, Molly Miller Johnson via Mnbird <mnbird...> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation on a field guide for birds in Cambodia and Vietnam?
>
> Thank you for the backchannel responses!
>
> Molly Miller
> Inver Grove Hts,
> Dakota Co

Back to top
Date: 1/20/18 5:06 am
From: Paul Schumacher via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: [Mnbird] test post, ignore
test post

Back to top
Date: 1/16/18 1:52 pm
From: Ed via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: [Mnbird] Snowy Owl in Jackson County
Hello,
I am currently looking at Snowy Owl. It is located about a third of a mile south of the intersection of 740th St. and Highway 86.
The last I saw it it was sitting at the top of a tree about 300 yards east of the highway.
Good Birdin’,
Ed Thelen
Spirit Lake,Iowa

712-320-2440

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 1/15/18 8:01 am
From: Charter via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: [Mnbird] White Redtail
Hwy 52 & 80th st Inver Grove Heights. From a distance I originally thought perhaps a snowy owl but as I got closer could tell it was a Red-tail, there was another one in the vicinity.
Very cool looking bird

Sent from my iPhone

Back to top
Date: 1/13/18 3:35 pm
From: Raymond Faber via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: [Mnbird] redpoll
A common redpoll female was seen on Saturday feeding intensely on weed
seeds at the Faber Farm south of Ridgeway. No other birds were nearby.

Ray Faber

--
Raymond A. Faber, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology

Telephone: 507-457-1540

Back to top
Date: 1/8/18 1:33 pm
From: Valerie Cunningham via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: [Mnbird] Watch the birds of Panama from your chair
Hello, MnBirders:
A sure cure for the wintertime blues is the Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s
recently launched new web camera which gives a bird’s eye view of a feeding
table at the famed Canopy Lodge in western Panama. You never
know who will drop by for a bite of banana or papaya, from
collared aricaris to chachalacas, various motmots, a variety of brilliant
tanagers and woodpeckers, even a huge blue morpho butterfly.

Here’s the link to a front seat view of the jungle:

http://cams.allaboutbirds.org/channel/57/Panama_Fruit_Feeders/?utm_source=Cornell+Lab+eNews&utm_campaign=87f5e8529a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_FruitFeederLaunch&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_47588b5758-87f5e8529a-278203037

I’ve been watching it for at least an hour each day, and if you like
to observe night creatures, the camera is on through the night, with black
and white views.

Val Cunningham
St. Paul, Minn.

[Paul Schumacher approved the posting of this message.]

Back to top
Date: 1/8/18 9:55 am
From: Molly Miller Johnson via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: [Mnbird] Brown Creeper, Dakota Co
I am so happy to see a Brown Creeper creeping up the trees in my yard. They make me smile.

Molly Miller

Inver Grove Hts

Dakota Co

Back to top
Date: 12/29/17 8:48 am
From: Alan Stankevitz via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: [Mnbird] Video: The Tundra Swans of Pool 8
For your armchair birding pleasure, here's a video I just completed
highlighting the Tundra Swans near Brownsville, MN this past autumn.

The video is on YouTube and if you can experience it in 4k resolution if
you have a monitor or TV that supports it.
<I%20just%20completed%20a%20video%20highlighting%20Tundra%20Swans%20on%20the%20Mississippi%20River%20%28Pool%208%29.,,Enjoy%21,,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKKrlh24Uk>

Happy New Year!

Alan

Back to top
Date: 12/28/17 10:24 am
From: Tami Vogel via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: [Mnbird] Snowy Owl, Clearwater
There is a Snowy Owl perched on the big yellow and black "scales" sign at the Clearwater exit truck stop.

- Tami in Afton

Back to top
Date: 12/24/17 6:54 am
From: dan&erika via Mnbird <mnbird...>
Subject: [Mnbird] Snowy Owl / Sibley Co.
Our neighbor reports a Snowy Owl near Gaylord in Sibley Co. on 20 December.
I do not doubt the veracity of her record.

Dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com

".... the best shod travel with wet feet...Beware of all enterprises that
require new clothes ....”—H. D. Thoreau