ND-BIRDS
Received From Subject
12/5/19 5:35 am Corey Ellingson <crackerjackbirder...> [ND-BIRDS] NDBS Website
12/3/19 9:07 pm Ron Martin <jrmartin...> [ND-BIRDS] New dates for CBCs
12/3/19 8:10 pm Michael Zerr <zerrmick...> [ND-BIRDS] sandhill crane trip
11/20/19 7:36 pm Corey Ellingson <crackerjackbirder...> [ND-BIRDS] Bismarck CBC - Dec 15
11/20/19 1:22 pm Sherry Leslie <birdinnd...> [ND-BIRDS] Snowy Owl
11/20/19 5:23 am Gwilliams, Terry <00000bdb08669047-dmarc-request...> [ND-BIRDS] Valley City CBC
11/19/19 2:59 pm Gwilliams, Terry <00000bdb08669047-dmarc-request...> [ND-BIRDS] Valley City CBC
11/19/19 10:40 am Graue, Colleen <00000cf3fa14c3c5-dmarc-request...> [ND-BIRDS] Devils Lake CBC - Date Change - Now Counting December 28
11/19/19 7:16 am Igl, Lawrence <00000be0ce9bdf08-dmarc-request...> [ND-BIRDS] Killdeer, Common Ravens
11/18/19 8:31 pm Ron Martin <jrmartin...> [ND-BIRDS] CBCs
11/18/19 2:48 pm Betsy <batsham...> [ND-BIRDS] northern shrike
11/14/19 6:23 pm Mike Rabenberg <mjldrab...> [ND-BIRDS] Long Lake Christmas Bird Count
11/13/19 10:26 am Jean Legge <leggej000...> [ND-BIRDS] email change taken care of.
11/13/19 9:44 am Jean Legge <jmlegge198...> Re: [ND-BIRDS] change my email for ND-birds
11/13/19 9:33 am Graue, Colleen <00000cf3fa14c3c5-dmarc-request...> [ND-BIRDS] Devils Lake CBC-We need your help!
11/12/19 1:10 pm Jean Legge <jmlegge198...> [ND-BIRDS] American Tree Sparrow
11/11/19 2:31 pm Betsy <batsham...> [ND-BIRDS] Red-bellied woodpecker

Back to top
Date: 12/5/19 5:35 am
From: Corey Ellingson <crackerjackbirder...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] NDBS Website
Greetings ND-Birders:
Now is the time of the year where many of you participate in Christmas Bird Counts. As you know there is a link on the NDBS website with all the info. Well, apparently this week our website moved to a new platform unknown to us. In addition, my access to update the information is either in the works, or broken. I updated all the counts I knew about last week, but now I see the 2018 information is out there for almost all of them. I suspect the web hosts did a save of all the sites before migrating, and the save used was before all the info I added recently.
So, I apologize for the inconvenience but my suggestion would be to use the current information posted to contact the compiler to get the latest info on the 2019 count. As always, let me know if you find broken links or anything amiss and I will try to track it down.
Good Birding,
Corey Ellingson
Bismarck, ND

Back to top
Date: 12/3/19 9:07 pm
From: Ron Martin <jrmartin...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] New dates for CBCs
All:

To avoid conflicts with other counts and to try to get counts done a little earlier in the cycle I have set new dates for the central ND counts.

Garrison Dam will be held Dec. 14. Meet at the Audubon HQ at 7:45 am.
Denbigh CBC will be held Dec. 21. Meet at the Towner Cenex at 7:45 am.
Minot CBC will not change and will be on Dec. 22. Meet at the downtown McDonald's at 7:45 am.
Upper Souris CBC will be Dec. 27. Meet at the HQ at 7:45 am. Bring a dish for the noon potluck.

Thanks,
Ron Martin
Compiler

Back to top
Date: 12/3/19 8:10 pm
From: Michael Zerr <zerrmick...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] sandhill crane trip
Forward from Rosemary Draeger SDOU

NEBRASKA SANDHILL CRANE TRIP (From Rosemary Draeger)

Registration at Active Generations-Deadline Wed. Dec. 18.

Trip Costs:

Registration, per person:

Active Generations member- $160

Non-member- $170

(Includes bus round trip + Rowe Sanctuary evening blind, 24th & morning
blind, 25th.)

Other costs per person, paid individually:

Motel (incl. tax): $105.00 per person (single) or $52.50 per person
(double)

3 meals (Columbus, NE Hy-Vee): estimate-$30.00

Bus Driver gratuity: $5.00

Total cost estimates per person:

(Registration + Motel + meals + driver gratuity)

In single motel room-

Active Generations member -$300 each

Non-member-$310 each

In shared double motel room-

Active Generations member- $250 each

Non-member- $260 each

Note: Payment due by December 18 is the Registration fee to Active
Generations.

Motel rooms will be paid individually at arrival on March 25, 2020.

Back to top
Date: 11/20/19 7:36 pm
From: Corey Ellingson <crackerjackbirder...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] Bismarck CBC - Dec 15
Greetings,
I am scheduling the Bismarck-Mandan CBC for Sunday Dec 15th.

I have updated the North Dakota Birding Society website with all the CBC
dates, as well as contact info and meeting places for those interested. If
anyone knows of an update for the website, please let me know.

Here is the link - CBCs in date order:
http://ndbirdingsociety.com/customContent.php?seq=28&title=North%20Dakota%20
Christmas%20Bird%20Counts

Good Birding,
Corey Ellingson
Bismarck, ND

Back to top
Date: 11/20/19 1:22 pm
From: Sherry Leslie <birdinnd...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] Snowy Owl
Approximately 2 miles south of the New Town turn on Hwy 83, a juvenile
female Snowy Owl was perched on a post.
Sherry Leslie

Back to top
Date: 11/20/19 5:23 am
From: Gwilliams, Terry <00000bdb08669047-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] Valley City CBC
All,

I made a change to our CBC. It will now be on the 20th of December. This
way we will get a couple more participants from the college. Sorry for the
confusion.

Like I said in the previous email we will meet at the Hatchery head
quarters at 8am.

Thank You
Terry

--
Terry Gwilliams
Range Technician

Back to top
Date: 11/19/19 2:59 pm
From: Gwilliams, Terry <00000bdb08669047-dmarc-request...>
All,

I have scheduled the Valley City CBC for December 19th. We will meet at the
Valley City National Fish Hatchery at 8am for coffee and doughnuts. All are
welcome, and please let me know if you plan on attending.

Thank You
Terry

Date: 11/19/19 10:40 am
From: Graue, Colleen <00000cf3fa14c3c5-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] Devils Lake CBC - Date Change - Now Counting December 28
Due to scheduling conflicts for many of our primary counters, the *Devils
Lake CBC has been rescheduled for DECEMBER 28, 2019*. All interested
parties should* meet at the Cedar Inn Restaurant in Devils Lake, ND at
7:30am*. Charlie Christianson will be the coordinator on the day of the
count. I will be assisting with outreach and planning prior to the count.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Anyone interested is
welcome to participate! Please join us if you can.

--
Colleen Graue
Visitor Services Manager

Back to top
Date: 11/19/19 7:16 am
From: Igl, Lawrence <00000be0ce9bdf08-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] Killdeer, Common Ravens
Jill Shaffer reported that she saw a Killdeer near her house southeast of
Jamestown on Friday.

On Nov 6, I saw three Common Ravens flying above the river valley at
Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center. Garrett MacDonald reported on
eBird that he saw a single raven in the same general vicinity about 20
minutes later.

Lawrence D. Igl, PhD
Research Ecologist
U.S.G.S. Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center
8711 37th Street SE
Jamestown, North Dakota 58401-7317
Phone: 701-253-5511
Fax: 701-253-5553
E-mail: <ligl...>
Internet: www.npwrc.usgs.gov

Back to top
Date: 11/18/19 8:31 pm
From: Ron Martin <jrmartin...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] CBCs
All:

Following are the dates for the Minot area CBCs.

Upper Souris, Dec. 20. Meet at the HQ at 7:45am.
Garrison Dam, Dec. 21. Meet at the Audubon NWR HQ at 7:45 am.
Minot, Dec. 22. Meet at the downtown Broadway McDonald's at 7:45 am.
Denbigh, tentatively set for Dec. 28. We meet at the Towner Cenex at 7:45 am.

Thanks,
Ron Martin
Compiler

701-720-1001

Back to top
Date: 11/18/19 2:48 pm
From: Betsy <batsham...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] northern shrike
Hi,

Just had a shrike right across the street from my house. I have been watching for one and it was great to see. Also, a deer came bounding along the dike and was heading south along Elmwood Dr.

Betsy Batstone-Cunningham
E Elmwood Dr and the Greenway
Grand Forks ND

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Back to top
Date: 11/14/19 6:23 pm
From: Mike Rabenberg <mjldrab...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] Long Lake Christmas Bird Count
The Long Lake Christmas Bird Count will begin at Long Lake National Wildlife Refuge headquarters (located 2 miles E. of Moffit, ND) at 8:00am on 12/17/2019. Participants can meet back at the headquarters at noon to share their bird sightings and enjoy a free lunch, courtesy of the Refuge. Please contact Mike Rabenberg (701-213-5075) or <mjldrab...> if you plan to participate.

Mike Rabenberg
Bismarck, ND

Back to top
Date: 11/13/19 10:26 am
From: Jean Legge <leggej000...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] email change taken care of.
Email change completed for the list serve. Thanks.

--
Jean Legge (please note new email address) <leggej000...> (those are
zeroes, not capital O's)

Back to top
Date: 11/13/19 9:44 am
From: Jean Legge <jmlegge198...>
Subject: Re: [ND-BIRDS] change my email for ND-birds
I need to change my email and will need some assistance to achieve this. I
see on the website how to change a passwords, but not the registered
email. Thanks for your assistance.

‘There are none so blind as those who will not see.
The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already
know’. 1713 ‘Works of Thomas Chalkley’.

Jean Legge
11512 32J St. SE
Valley City, ND 58072

Back to top
Date: 11/13/19 9:33 am
From: Graue, Colleen <00000cf3fa14c3c5-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] Devils Lake CBC-We need your help!
Last year this group decided to try to set our date consistently on the
first Saturday of the count period so we do not conflict with so many
others. (We are also now back on the CBC Map!)

However, December 14th this year some of our key birders are not available.
If you are interested in helping bird the Devils Lake area this year please
sign up here and we will contact you with additional information.
https://forms.gle/ANWDksyBqqQcAtFB7
<https://forms.gle/ANWDksyBqqQcAtFB7?fbclid=IwAR3oVJpQ9QLGfoPaqaYbaVUagIDIdw_0nIK7OtiQm4BGGxE4iEobo4ig_jQ>

Thank you for sharing your birding expertise and enthusiasm.

Date: 11/12/19 1:10 pm
From: Jean Legge <jmlegge198...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] American Tree Sparrow
Barnes County, rural Valley City
November 12, 2019

American Tree Sparrow under the feeder, just one.
Red-breasted Nuthatch showed up last week.
Slate-colored Juncos and the other regulars, chickadee, house sparrows,
house finches, downy and hair woodpeckers, blue jays.

Date: 11/11/19 2:31 pm
From: Betsy <batsham...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] Red-bellied woodpecker
Hi,

Just had a red-bellied woodpecker at my suet feeders this afternoon. It flew NE over my house towards the Greenway.

Betsy Batstone-Cunningham
Elmwood Dr and the Greenway
Grand Forks ND

Sent from Mail for Windows 10