HMBirds
Received From Subject
1/20/19 1:40 pm Richard Guthrie <richardpguthrie...> [hmbirds] Waterfowl count - Hudson River, The Greene County
1/20/19 1:38 pm Alan <adfrench...> [hmbirds] Cardinals by the Dozen
1/19/19 6:35 pm Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> Re: [hmbirds] eBird Report - Northumberland farmland, Jan 18, 2019
1/19/19 1:25 pm jhershey2 <hersheyj...> [hmbirds] Lapland Longspur - Goff Road
1/19/19 4:11 am Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] 250 Snow Buntings, Northern Harrier: eBird Report - Northumberland farmland, Jan 18, 2019
1/17/19 6:52 pm Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] Raptorpalooza: eBird Report - Northumberland farmland, Jan 17, 2019
1/16/19 4:42 pm Liz <equandt89...> [hmbirds] Snowy Owl
1/16/19 3:54 pm Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] Rough-legged Hawk, Northern Shrike: eBird Report - Malta Medical Center access road, Jan 15, 2019
1/16/19 11:22 am Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Tomorrow's destination, 1/17
1/16/19 7:23 am trwdsd via Groups.Io <trwdsd=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Common Redpolls, Mohawk-Hudson bikepath Latham 1/16
1/15/19 2:12 pm Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] Roughed Grouse up a tree: eBird Report - Fox Hill Rd., Edinburg, Jan 14, 2019
1/15/19 2:11 pm Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] Lots o’ Robins: eBird Report - Westline Rd. & Western Ave., Charlton, Jan 14, 2019
1/11/19 4:53 pm Tom Lake via Groups.Io <trlake7=<aol.com...> Re: [hmbirds] Small Canada Goose
1/11/19 4:39 pm Cassandra Davis <daviscass33...> [hmbirds] Small Canada Goose
1/10/19 2:39 pm Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Saratoga Lake waterfowl
1/10/19 7:52 am philwhitney17 <prmlwhitney59...> [hmbirds] January 9 Birdline
1/9/19 10:14 am Alan <adfrench...> [hmbirds] Pine Siskins (Glenville)
1/9/19 10:10 am Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Tomorrow's destination, 1/10
1/8/19 9:22 am Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] Pair of Canvasbacks, DC Cormorant: eBird Report - Saratoga Lake, Jan 7, 2019
1/8/19 9:20 am Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] Turkeys on the move: eBird Report - Fox Hill Rd., Edinburg, Jan 3, 2019
1/6/19 10:16 am scottjstoner via Groups.Io <ScottJStoner=<aol.com...> [hmbirds] Monday HMBC Program about Birding Central Park
1/5/19 4:17 pm Scott Varney <scottvarney1968...> [hmbirds] Washington County Birds: White-crowned Sparrow and Peregrine Falcon
1/5/19 11:10 am Rico Birdo via Groups.Io <ricobirdo=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Siskins - Esperance
1/4/19 6:43 pm trwdsd via Groups.Io <trwdsd=<yahoo.com...> Re: [hmbirds] Mystery Bird Cemetary Salem 3.WAV - SoundCloud
1/4/19 2:46 pm Scott Varney <scottvarney1968...> [hmbirds] Mystery Bird Cemetary Salem 3.WAV - SoundCloud
1/4/19 4:17 am Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] White-throated Sparrow: eBird Report - Turner Road, Jan 2, 2019
1/4/19 4:16 am Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] Snow Geese in haystack of Canadas: eBird Report - Saratoga Lake, Jan 2, 2019
1/4/19 4:15 am Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] American Kestrel and Sharp-shinned Hawk: eBird Report - Hanehan Road, Jan 1, 2019
1/4/19 4:13 am Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] Black Vultures: eBird Report - Northumberland farmland, Jan 3, 2019
1/3/19 5:59 am scottjstoner via Groups.Io <ScottJStoner=<aol.com...> [hmbirds] Sad news - Bill Sarbello
1/2/19 10:56 am Rico Birdo via Groups.Io <ricobirdo=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Snow Geese - Delanson
1/2/19 8:39 am Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Tomorrow's destination, 1/3
1/1/19 7:00 pm forsythnature via Groups.Io <forsythnature=<aol.com...> [hmbirds] 2018 NYUD CBC results
1/1/19 11:48 am John Kent <k2ent76...> [hmbirds] Five Rivers New Year count
12/30/18 11:17 pm scottjstoner via Groups.Io <ScottJStoner=<aol.com...> Re: [hmbirds] Fort Edward
12/30/18 1:10 pm Scott Varney <scottvarney1968...> [hmbirds] Great day for Owls!
12/28/18 11:25 am trwdsd via Groups.Io <trwdsd=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] HMBC Field Trip reminder: New Year's Day Bird Count at Five Rivers 1/1
12/27/18 1:50 pm Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Snow Goose, Barred Owl - Schaghticoke
12/27/18 8:34 am philwhitney17 <prmlwhitney59...> [hmbirds] December 26 Birdline
12/27/18 8:30 am K O via Groups.Io <ksclemmy=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Standoff in the tree
12/26/18 5:06 pm Scott Varney <scottvarney1968...> [hmbirds] 3rd Winter Greater Black-backed Gull
12/26/18 3:49 pm Bernie & Chris Grossman <bgrossman...> [hmbirds] Extralimital, But Truly Neat
12/26/18 1:59 pm Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Tomorrow's destination, 12/27
12/26/18 11:00 am Scott Varney <scottvarney1968...> [hmbirds] Hudson Crossing on 12/26/2018
12/26/18 5:39 am Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...> [hmbirds] Southern Rensselaer CBC results
12/26/18 5:31 am Eric Molho via Groups.Io <molhoe=<yahoo.com...> Re: [hmbirds] Northern Shrike and Snowy Owl
12/25/18 3:25 pm zach schwartz-weinstein <zachsw...> Re: [hmbirds] Northern Shrike and Snowy Owl
12/25/18 3:24 pm scottjstoner via Groups.Io <ScottJStoner=<aol.com...> Re: [hmbirds] Northern Shrike and Snowy Owl
12/25/18 3:18 pm Dan’s nycap <dleonard8...> [hmbirds] 5 Bald Eagles on Ice — eBird -- Tomhannock Reservoir, southern parking area -- Dec 24, 2018
12/25/18 11:58 am zach schwartz-weinstein <zachsw...> Re: [hmbirds] Northern Shrike and Snowy Owl
12/25/18 11:44 am scottjstoner via Groups.Io <ScottJStoner=<aol.com...> Re: [hmbirds] Northern Shrike and Snowy Owl
12/25/18 9:27 am Eric Molho via Groups.Io <molhoe=<yahoo.com...> Re: [hmbirds] Northern Shrike and Snowy Owl
12/24/18 8:45 am Ronald Harrower <rharrower...> [hmbirds] Northern Shrike: eBird Report - Hans Creek/Glenwild Rds, Dec 23, 2018

Back to top
Date: 1/20/19 1:40 pm
From: Richard Guthrie <richardpguthrie...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Waterfowl count - Hudson River, The Greene County
Michele Tarsa and I did the annual DEC waterfowl/eagle count along the
Greene County side of the Hudson River yesterday, January 19th, 2019

We covered the river from the Coeymans Landing in southern Albany County to
the south end of Catskill by the Ulster County line. We did a short
excursion down to West Camp and Saugerties, Ulster County, just to see what
was around in the sunny south (not much).

The conditions were favorable in that without snow cover, we were able to
access many of the good viewing points. The temperature was in the mid-20s
all day with little wind (but for the occasional bone-chilling blasts of
cold north winds) and a fair amount of open water on the mostly frozen
river.

But the waterfowl were not that exciting - lots of Canada Geese, a few
mergansers, surprising group of swans (yeah, Mute Swans) and that's it. The
geese were kinda hard to tally without duplicating the counts as they were
often shuffling around from one loafing spot to another, or being chased up
by passing river traffic. But I believe the numbers are representative for
the time observed. I'm sure there were many other thousands feeding in
cornfields away from the river.

Here's the tally:
Mute Swan 10;
Canada Goose 2,090
Common Merganser 51.

Plus, we had a Belted Kingfisher fly up from an open stream in Catskill. In
Ulster County, there were about 110 Mallards, Amer. Black Duck and a Great
Blue Heron on the Esopus Creek in Saugerties. (We didn't include those
latter ones in our report since they were out of our territory.)

Sticking to our mission, we tallied a total of 11 Bald Eagles, including a
copulating pair near a known nest site.

The real highlight was watching a Merlin take off from a treetop perch and
snag a small songbird right out of the air. Fortunately, the Merlin came
back to the same perch to enjoy its bounty - which as it turns out was a
rather unfortunate House Sparrow. All that took place in the trees around a
sports complex in Saugerties.

Interesting backyard birds for those in an apartment complex in Ravena were
a pair of C. Ravens and a Black Vulture. Apparently they have been taking
advantage of the feeder generosity of the residents there. There were none
of the expected ducks though. I thought I could count on the usual 100 or
so well-fed Mallards that hang around the small patch of open water in the
otherwise frozen decorative ponds there.

Rich Guthrie
New Baltimore
The Greene County
New York

--
Richard Guthrie

Back to top
Date: 1/20/19 1:38 pm
From: Alan <adfrench...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Cardinals by the Dozen
A baker's dozen, that is.

This winter has featured an unusually robust number of Cardinals at and
under my feeders, but 13 is a new high.

Clear skies, Alan
Glenville

Back to top
Date: 1/19/19 6:35 pm
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] eBird Report - Northumberland farmland, Jan 18, 2019
Added Lapland Longspur after careful scrutiny of photos I took
yesterday

Northumberland farmland, Saratoga, New York, US
Jan 18, 2019 10:50 AM - 11:35 AM
Protocol: Traveling
5.0 mile(s)
Comments: John Hershey and I explored areas East of Saratoga Lake
and found little worth reporting. As our goal was field birds, we got
serious and went to Wall Rd, King Rd and Goff Rd. King Rd had about 12
Snow Buntings and perhaps more. Goff Rd at the bend was very "birds"
with at least 250 Snow Buntings picking the corn Stubble on the South
side of the road and grass on the North side. Mixed in in the corn
stubble were at least 30 Horned Larks. Just around the corner on
Grange Road was a female Northern Harrier. very clear flight pattern,
white rump and owlish face. Made up for missing one yesterday.
After getting a message form John that he found Lapland Longspurs at
the same location when he went back, I reexamined my photos and
through careful sleuthing, I found one lurking in the manure coated
corn stubble. A Snow Bunting is included in my editing for comparison.
Thanks John!
10 species

Canada Goose 150 Flying over, one sitting in a field
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 45
Mourning Dove 3 Williams Lane
Northern Harrier 1
Red-tailed Hawk 2
American Crow 17
Horned Lark 30
European Starling 225
Lapland Longspur 1 As mentioned in "prologue", I carefully
scanned my photos of field birds on Goff Road and found a Lapland
Longspur blending in with surroundings.
Snow Bunting 250

View this checklist online at
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51813686

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3
(https://ebird.org/home)

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#25230) | Reply To Sender | Reply To Group | Mute
This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe
[<lists...>]
_._,_._,_

Back to top
Date: 1/19/19 1:25 pm
From: jhershey2 <hersheyj...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Lapland Longspur - Goff Road
I should add that in addition to the Snow Buntings and Horned Larks that Ron reported from yesterday in Northumberland, I discovered at least one LAPLAND LONGSPUR in my photos taken on Goff Road.

John H.

Back to top
Date: 1/19/19 4:11 am
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Northumberland farmland, Saratoga, New York, US
Jan 18, 2019 10:50 AM - 11:35 AM
Protocol: Traveling
5.0 mile(s)
Comments: John Hershey and I explored areas East of Saratoga Lake
and found little worth reporting. As our goal was field birds, we got
serious and went to Wall Rd, King Rd and Goff Rd. King Rd had about 12
Snow Buntings and perhaps more. Goff Rd at the bend was very "birds"
with at least 250 Snow Buntings picking the corn Stubble on the South
side of the road and grass on the North side. Mixed in in the corn
stubble were at least 30 Horned Larks. Just around the corner on
Grange Road was a female Northern Harrier. very clear flight pattern,
white rump and owlish face. Made up for missing one yesterday.
9 species

Canada Goose 150 Flying over, one sitting in a field
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 45
Mourning Dove 3 Williams Lane
Northern Harrier 1
Red-tailed Hawk 2
American Crow 17
Horned Lark 30
European Starling 225
Snow Bunting 250

View this checklist online at
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S51813686

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3
(https://ebird.org/home)

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#25228) | Reply To Sender | Reply To Group | Mute

Date: 1/17/19 6:52 pm
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Raptorpalooza: eBird Report - Northumberland farmland, Jan 17, 2019

Date: 1/16/19 4:42 pm
From: Liz <equandt89...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Snowy Owl
Thought I'd just share some photos of the snowy owl by the Malta Hospital. These were actually taken on 12/26 and 12/29 but I forgot all about adding them here. First ones were taken by my aunt and uncle, the third less impressive one is my photo.

Back to top
Date: 1/16/19 3:54 pm
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Rough-legged Hawk, Northern Shrike: eBird Report - Malta Medical Center access road, Jan 15, 2019

Date: 1/16/19 11:22 am
From: Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Tomorrow's destination, 1/17
Winter is here, the rivers are freezing, and that means it's gull season! Time to stand around in the cold looking at 10000 nearly-identical birds looking for one that's different!

Let's meet at the end of Tibbits Ave in Green Island at 8:00am. We can check the ice at Cohoes Flats and Falls, and up to Crescent. Dress warmly!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tibbits+Ave,+Green+Island,+NY/@42.7481099,-73.692414,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89de0fb5d98c7d49:0x2575c1037542c1eb!8m2!3d42.748106!4d-73.69022?hl=en&authuser=0

Naomi

Back to top
Date: 1/16/19 7:23 am
From: trwdsd via Groups.Io <trwdsd=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Common Redpolls, Mohawk-Hudson bikepath Latham 1/16
I observed a flock of 27 Common Redpolls feeding on tree seedpods along the M-H bike path in Latham this morning. They traveled together from tree to tree, making a trilled "jit-jit-jit" vocalization from time to time. American Goldfinch numbers were suddenly up again at my home feeders as well, perhaps there is some southward movement of finches underway.

Tom Williams
Colonie

Back to top
Date: 1/15/19 2:12 pm
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Roughed Grouse up a tree: eBird Report - Fox Hill Rd., Edinburg, Jan 14, 2019

Date: 1/15/19 2:11 pm
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Lots o’ Robins: eBird Report - Westline Rd. & Western Ave., Charlton, Jan 14, 2019

Date: 1/11/19 4:53 pm
From: Tom Lake via Groups.Io <trlake7=<aol.com...>
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Small Canada Goose
Cackling goose (Branta hutchinsii)    .....?
Tom Lake

Date: 1/10/19 2:39 pm
From: Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Saratoga Lake waterfowl
The Thursday birders took a last trip around Saratoga Lake before Real Winter arrives this weekend. Most of the water was open, with ice only in sheltered shorelines. It didn't look promising when we started out from Brown's Beach, with just the regular assortment of gulls and a hundred Common Mergansers, the first of many to come. From Silver Beach we caught a look at two White-winged Scoters in the middle of the lake. We made our usual stops on the way north, mostly adding a few thousand Canada Geese (and one Snow) and many hundred - perhaps a thousand? - Common Mergansers.

At the boardwalk at the Water's Edge condos we hit the jackpot. We refound Ron Harrower's flock of Canvasbacks, up to nine by now, two male Northern Pintails, a 'Blue' Snow Goose, and a bunch of Bufflehead. Best sighting of the day was a Cackling Goose, seen briefly by half the group until it disappeared into the throng of its cousins.

If you're free Thursday mornings, you're welcome to join us! As winter goes on we'll visit the Fort Edward grasslands and upper Hudson often. Other locations we visit include Harrisburg Road in Warren County, Partridge Run and the Rensselaerville SF, the Cohoes/Crescent Mohawk for gulls, and many other spots where exciting birds are happening. We have also done extralimital trips for exceptional birds. Destinations will be posted here usually on Wednesday.

Naomi Lloyd
West Sand Lake

Back to top
Date: 1/10/19 7:52 am
From: philwhitney17 <prmlwhitney59...>
Subject: [hmbirds] January 9 Birdline

Birdline summary for 2 weeks ending January 9

13 reports; 45 species reported

Best of the week:

CANVASBACK: Saratoga Lake 1/7 (2)

SNOW BUNTING: Five Rivers 1/1

Other notables:

Snow Goose: Schagticoke 12/27; Delanson 1/02; Saratoga Lake 1/02 (2)

Lesser Scaup: Saratoga Lake 1/7

Black Vulture: Five Rivers 1/1; Northumberland 1/3 (12)

Northern Harrier: Fort Edward 12/30; Five Rivers 1/1 (2)

Rough-legged Hawk: Fort Edward 12/30

Great Horned Owl: Argyle 12/30; Five Rivers 1/1

Barred Owl: Schagticoke 12/27; Fort Edward 12/30 (2)

American Kestrel: Saratoga County 1/1

Merlin: Fort Edward 12/30

Peregrine Falcon: Fort Edward 1/5

White-crowned Sparrow: Fort Edward 1/5

Pine Siskin: Esperance 1/5 (4); Glenville 1/9 (2)

Thanks to Rico Birdo (Delanson, Esperance), Alan French (Glenville), Ron Harrower (Northumberland, Saratoga Lake, Saratoga County, Fox Hill ), John Kent (Five Rivers), Naomi Lloyd (Schagticoke), Scott Stoner (Fort Edward) and Scott Varney (Fort Edward, Argyle)

Back to top
Date: 1/9/19 10:14 am
From: Alan <adfrench...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Pine Siskins (Glenville)
A pair of Pine Siskins were on one of my feeders this morning.

Also had one White-throated Sparrow and one American Tree Sparrow.

Clear skies, Alan
Glenville

Back to top
Date: 1/9/19 10:10 am
From: Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Tomorrow's destination, 1/10
Happy new birding year!

I had thought of checking out gulls along the Mohawk, but the combination of fast water and 25mph wind with 40+mph gusts is not encouraging -- maybe next week!
So instead let's make a last pass around Saratoga Lake. Faithful reporter Ron Harrower is still seeing some open water and good ducks there.
Meet at Brown's Beach at 8:00am to get those year lists in gear.

Naomi

Back to top
Date: 1/8/19 9:22 am
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Pair of Canvasbacks, DC Cormorant: eBird Report - Saratoga Lake, Jan 7, 2019

Date: 1/8/19 9:20 am
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Turkeys on the move: eBird Report - Fox Hill Rd., Edinburg, Jan 3, 2019

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 1/6/19 10:16 am
From: scottjstoner via Groups.Io <ScottJStoner=<aol.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Monday HMBC Program about Birding Central Park
7 PM at Five Rivers Env. Ed. Cntr. in Delmar
See you there!
Please be alert for DEER in and along the roads in the area
Leader or Speaker: Deborah AllenLocation of Event: Five Rivers EECDate: January 7, 2019 - 7:00pm - 8:30pmCentral Park BirdsExplore the bird life of Central Park with researcher and wildlife photographer, Deborah Allen. Central Park, situated on the Atlantic flyway, is internationally acknowledged as one of the best places to observe migratory birds in spring and fall. In April and May, as songbirds travel north to nest, many will stop to rest and feed in the Ramble and North Woods of Central Park. Of these, the small and colorful wood warblers, in brilliant breeding plumage, are the most sought after. Historically, thirty-nine species of Wood Warblers and 296 species of birds have been recorded in Central Park. We’ll take a look at the history of birding in Central Park, including migrants, breeding and wintering birds, and many of the rare birds like Hammond’s Flycatcher and Boreal Owl that have visited the park.Deborah’s photos of Central Park birds have appeared in numerous publications, including Natural History, National Wildlife, BirdWatching, Bird Watcher’s Digest, Birds and Blooms, and the New York Times. She is currently at work on a field guide to the birds of Central Park. For more information about her photography visit www.agpix.com/deballen.

Back to top
Date: 1/5/19 4:17 pm
From: Scott Varney <scottvarney1968...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Washington County Birds: White-crowned Sparrow and Peregrine Falcon
Had a nice sunny afternoon in the greater Washington County Grasslands
area. Highlights included a single White-crowned Sparrow amidst a plethora
of American Tree Sparrows on Towpath Road in Kingsbury. Also picked up a
beautifully sunset-lit Peregrine Falcon on the 2nd to last telephone pole
on the left side of Plum Road right before the intersection with CR 46.
Photos attached.

Happy Birding,

Scott Varney
Salem, NY

Back to top
Date: 1/5/19 11:10 am
From: Rico Birdo via Groups.Io <ricobirdo=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Siskins - Esperance
Four pine siskins this afternoon, feeding with a large flock of goldfinches at our niger feeders.

Three out of the four are shown in the attached blurry photo.

Gabrielle Isenbrand
Esperance

Back to top
Date: 1/4/19 6:43 pm
From: trwdsd via Groups.Io <trwdsd=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Mystery Bird Cemetary Salem 3.WAV - SoundCloud
It sounds something like the alarm call of a hawk near its nest. Possibly a Northern Goshawk?

https://birdsna.org/Species-Account/bna/species/norgos/introduction

Tom Williams
Colonie

Back to top
Date: 1/4/19 2:46 pm
From: Scott Varney <scottvarney1968...>
Can anyone help in identifying this bird recorded back in August of 2016?

Habitat was mixed Deciduous/Pine forest and recorded from the top of a
ravine with a small Creek at the base of the ravine.

Listen to Mystery Bird Cemetary Salem

Link:

https://soundcloud.com/scott-varney-614389896/mystery-bird-cemetary-salem-3wav

Back to top
Date: 1/4/19 4:17 am
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: [hmbirds] White-throated Sparrow: eBird Report - Turner Road, Jan 2, 2019

Date: 1/4/19 4:16 am
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Snow Geese in haystack of Canadas: eBird Report - Saratoga Lake, Jan 2, 2019

Date: 1/4/19 4:15 am
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: [hmbirds] American Kestrel and Sharp-shinned Hawk: eBird Report - Hanehan Road, Jan 1, 2019

Date: 1/4/19 4:13 am
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Black Vultures: eBird Report - Northumberland farmland, Jan 3, 2019

Date: 1/3/19 5:59 am
From: scottjstoner via Groups.Io <ScottJStoner=<aol.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Sad news - Bill Sarbello
Longtime local birder and DEC biologist...

http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/dailygazette/obituary.aspx?n=william-sarbello&pid=191149573&referrer=0&preview=false

-------- Original message --------From: "scottjstoner via Groups.Io" <ScottJStoner=<aol.com...> Date: 12/31/18 2:17 AM (GMT-05:00) To: <scottvarney1968...>, <hmbirds...> Cc: <hmbirds...> Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Fort Edward
We were also birding Fort Edward this afternoon, from about 2 - 5 PM. Hooded and Common Mergansers on the river by Rogers Island; several  Rough-legged Hawks (both light and dark morphs), Red-tailed hawks, and American Tree Sparrows. No owls at all; we did check the areas at Blackhouse and Fitzpatrick carefully after 4 PM.

Scott, Denise, Katie

Date: 1/2/19 10:56 am
From: Rico Birdo via Groups.Io <ricobirdo=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Snow Geese - Delanson
Flock of eight Snow Geese, spotted a few minutes ago (13:45) on the stock pond near the corner of Youngs Road and Route 20.

- Gabrielle Isenbrand
Esperance

Back to top
Date: 1/2/19 8:39 am
From: Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Tomorrow's destination, 1/3

Hey folks, I have commitments tomorrow and won't be able to Thursday-morning-bird.

Anybody, feel free to suggest a location, and I'll see you next week.

Naomi Lloyd

Back to top
Date: 1/1/19 7:00 pm
From: forsythnature via Groups.Io <forsythnature=<aol.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] 2018 NYUD CBC results

  Greetings All,  The 2018Ulster/Dutchess (NYUD) Christmas Bird Count was conducted on Saturday, December29.  49 individuals representing 15 fieldparties and one feeder watcher covered the ten sectors within this countcircle.  Participants enjoyed moderatewinter temperatures ranging from a high of 52 degrees during the early morning nocturnaleffort to a low of 42 degrees at the end of the day’s diurnal effort.  These conditions (along with a rainy latefall-early winter) meant water levels were high and void of ice and there wasno snow cover in the circle.  Winds didpick up periodically but did hamper observation on the Hudson River or otherlarger bodies of water and did not adversely affect passerine viewing.  All field parties did note oddly quite days withsome common species difficult to locate. This too may reflect on moderate conditions and the fact that birds werenot forced to congregate on small patches of open water or exposed ground.      Unusual non-avian observationsincluded a whooping four mustelid species, Wood Frogs and peepers vocalizing,various active insect species, and a guy washing his car in his driveway.
  88 species and 14,007individual birds were observed on count day. The species list was two aboveour average but the number of individuals was the second lowest total in theNYUD’s history and more than four thousand birds below the count average.  A CommonYellowthroat identified at the Great Vly in the Town of Saugerties was theonly new addition to our composite list which now stands at 127 species after eight years. Otherhighlights included a Gray Catbird and36 Pine Siskins in West Saugertieswith a soaring Golden Eagle and 3 Northern Saw-whet Owls in KerleyCorners.  The Tivoli Bays area served upa good selection of waterfowl despite the heavy pressure of hunters including aBlue-winged Teal, 9 Northern Pintails,and 28 Canvasbacks.  Notable in this sector as well were 12 Eastern Screech Owls and 109 Black Vultures aiding greatly innew high counts set for both species.  TheRhinebeck area may have an exciting development of colonizing Red-headed Woodpecker with that speciesbeing observed for consecutive years.  The small portion of the Ashokan Reservoir withinour circle paid dividends with 5 RuddyDucks and a Common Loon while anewly accessible location in the Town of Ulster offered the count’s lone Common Redpoll and a sizable flock of 12 White-crowned Sparrows.  A ChippingSparrow in the Town of Ulster rounded out a robust list of 10 sparrowspecies for the count.
  Interestingly allthree falcon species were observed but exclusively in Dutchess County while 55 Bald Eagles were nicely distributedthroughout the circle.   Yellow-rumpedWarbler, Hermit Thrush, Purple Finch, Savannah and Fox Sparrow were speciesrepresented by just one individual respectively.  High numbers were recorded on 14 species andnew low counts were tallied on 11 species including typical number-paddingspecies like American Crow (less than half the average) and Dark-eyed Junco (abouta one third the average).
  Once again I mustthank Steve Chorvas for his tutelage on CBC compiling and his patience andunderstanding with the annual barrage of questions I send his way.  His data entry on count day and wonderfulsubsequent spreadsheet make my job much easier. I must also give a special thanks to Pat and Steve Johnson who helpedwith preparation of food, set up, and the breakdown  of our well attended (33 NYUDers) post countcompilation.  Many others brought deliciousfood and drink and made our “apps and finger foods” themed get together asuccess.  Lastly, as always, JessProckup, Wendy Tocci, and Kyla DeDea made sure our clean up was done in a muchappreciated timely and helpful manner.   I wish you all a Bird-filled and Healthy New Year,Mark DeDeaCo-compiler NYUDSAVE THE DATE:  9THANNUAL NYUD CBC SATURDAY, DECEMBER 28th 2019     __._,_.___ Posted by: forsythnature <forsythnature...>

Have you tried the highest rated email app? With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage. To visit the Mid-Hudson Birds web site go to:
Post message: <MidHudsonBirds...>
Subscribe:  <MidHudsonBirds-subscribe...>
Unsubscribe:  <MidHudsonBirds-unsubscribe...>
List owner:  <MidHudsonBirds-owner...>

Visit Your Group
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use
__,_._,___ #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854 -- #yiv0780274854ygrp-mkp { border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mkp hr { border:1px solid #d8d8d8;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mkp #yiv0780274854hd { color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mkp #yiv0780274854ads { margin-bottom:10px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mkp .yiv0780274854ad { padding:0 0;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mkp .yiv0780274854ad p { margin:0;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mkp .yiv0780274854ad a { color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-sponsor #yiv0780274854ygrp-lc { font-family:Arial;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-sponsor #yiv0780274854ygrp-lc #yiv0780274854hd { margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-sponsor #yiv0780274854ygrp-lc .yiv0780274854ad { margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854actions { font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854activity { background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854activity span { font-weight:700;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854activity span:first-child { text-transform:uppercase;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854activity span a { color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854activity span span { color:#ff7900;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854activity span .yiv0780274854underline { text-decoration:underline;} #yiv0780274854 .yiv0780274854attach { clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;} #yiv0780274854 .yiv0780274854attach div a { text-decoration:none;} #yiv0780274854 .yiv0780274854attach img { border:none;padding-right:5px;} #yiv0780274854 .yiv0780274854attach label { display:block;margin-bottom:5px;} #yiv0780274854 .yiv0780274854attach label a { text-decoration:none;} #yiv0780274854 blockquote { margin:0 0 0 4px;} #yiv0780274854 .yiv0780274854bold { font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;} #yiv0780274854 .yiv0780274854bold a { text-decoration:none;} #yiv0780274854 dd.yiv0780274854last p a { font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;} #yiv0780274854 dd.yiv0780274854last p span { margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;} #yiv0780274854 dd.yiv0780274854last p span.yiv0780274854yshortcuts { margin-right:0;} #yiv0780274854 div.yiv0780274854attach-table div div a { text-decoration:none;} #yiv0780274854 div.yiv0780274854attach-table { width:400px;} #yiv0780274854 div.yiv0780274854file-title a, #yiv0780274854 div.yiv0780274854file-title a:active, #yiv0780274854 div.yiv0780274854file-title a:hover, #yiv0780274854 div.yiv0780274854file-title a:visited { text-decoration:none;} #yiv0780274854 div.yiv0780274854photo-title a, #yiv0780274854 div.yiv0780274854photo-title a:active, #yiv0780274854 div.yiv0780274854photo-title a:hover, #yiv0780274854 div.yiv0780274854photo-title a:visited { text-decoration:none;} #yiv0780274854 div#yiv0780274854ygrp-mlmsg #yiv0780274854ygrp-msg p a span.yiv0780274854yshortcuts { font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;} #yiv0780274854 .yiv0780274854green { color:#628c2a;} #yiv0780274854 .yiv0780274854MsoNormal { margin:0 0 0 0;} #yiv0780274854 o { font-size:0;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854photos div { float:left;width:72px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854photos div div { border:1px solid #666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854photos div label { color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854reco-category { font-size:77%;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854reco-desc { font-size:77%;} #yiv0780274854 .yiv0780274854replbq { margin:4px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-actbar div a:first-child { margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mlmsg { font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mlmsg table { font-size:inherit;font:100%;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mlmsg select, #yiv0780274854 input, #yiv0780274854 textarea { font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv0780274854 code { font:115% monospace;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mlmsg * { line-height:1.22em;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-mlmsg #yiv0780274854logo { padding-bottom:10px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-msg p a { font-family:Verdana;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-msg p#yiv0780274854attach-count span { color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-reco #yiv0780274854reco-head { color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-reco { margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-sponsor #yiv0780274854ov li a { font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-sponsor #yiv0780274854ov li { font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-sponsor #yiv0780274854ov ul { margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-text { font-family:Georgia;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-text p { margin:0 0 1em 0;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-text tt { font-size:120%;} #yiv0780274854 #yiv0780274854ygrp-vital ul li:last-child { border-right:none !important; } #yiv0780274854

Back to top
Date: 1/1/19 11:48 am
From: John Kent <k2ent76...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Five Rivers New Year count

Turnout was high this morning for the annual New Year's Day bird count at the Five Rivers Environmental Education Center in Delmar. The unseasonably warm weather brought out fifty birders, but with the strong and gusty winds (55 MPH gusts at the airport), birding conditions were less than ideal. The participants split up into five field parties, each covering a different area. There were two adult male Northern Harriers hunting over the fields, and several of the groups got a look at one or both of them. Probably the most notable species were Black Vulture, seen overhead by one of the field parties, and Snow Bunting, seen out the window by Scott Stoner during the compilation. A Great Horned Owl was seen in flight by one party. Notable misses include Pileated Woodpecker, Hairy Woodpecker, and Golden-crowned Kinglet. The difficulty hearing bird sounds over the wind undoubtedly contributed to those misses. The group species total was 30, which is somewhat below average. Thanks to all who attended and helped to add to the 38 years of data that has been collected on these counts.

Happy New Year -
John Kent
Selkirk

Back to top
Date: 12/30/18 11:17 pm
From: scottjstoner via Groups.Io <ScottJStoner=<aol.com...>
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Fort Edward

Date: 12/28/18 11:25 am
From: trwdsd via Groups.Io <trwdsd=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] HMBC Field Trip reminder: New Year's Day Bird Count at Five Rivers 1/1
Date:
January 1, 2019- 8:45am -1 1:30am

Location:

Five Rivers Environmental Education Center
United States
42° 36' 30.7728" N , 73° 53' 19.7232" W
See map: Google Maps ( http://maps.google.com?q=42.608548+-73.888812+%28%2C+%2C+%2C+%2C+us%29 )

Coordinators: Five Rivers EEC 518-475-0291 (daytime) ~and~ John Kent 518-424-2234 <jwkent...>

Five Rivers Environmental Education Center, located on Game Farm Rd., in Delmar, NY, is a large area of fields and forest and is one of the premier birding locations in the Capital District.

This year marks the 38th Annual New Year’s Day Bird Count at Five Rivers. The goal of the count is to identify all the bird species present on January 1st. This also marks the start of Five Rivers’ annual bird list. HMBC joins the event again this year and encourages members to participate. Groups will go out at 9:00 a.m., but birders are welcome to come earlier to get a head start. *The building will be open for birders who would like to observe from indoors.* Everyone will meet up at the Visitors Center for a compilation of species-observed at 11:00 a.m.

Call ahead to Five Rivers in case of inclement weather.

Meet at 8:45 a.m. at Five Rivers EEC in Delmar.

Back to top
Date: 12/27/18 1:50 pm
From: Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Snow Goose, Barred Owl - Schaghticoke
While scouting for the upcoming Troy CBC we found a Barred Owl moving through Elmwood Cemetery, and a single Snow Goose among several hundred Canadas on Fisherman's Lane. Good enough for Count Week!

Naomi Lloyd
West Sand Lake

Back to top
Date: 12/27/18 8:34 am
From: philwhitney17 <prmlwhitney59...>
Subject: [hmbirds] December 26 Birdline
Birdline summary for week ending December 26:

8 reports; 34 species reported

Best of the week:

GOLDEN EAGLE: Southern Rensselaer CBC 12/22

SNOWY OWL: Malta 12/20, 12/25

NORTHERN SHRIKE: Malta 12/20; Saratoga County 12/24

COMMON YELLOWTHROAT: Saratoga CBC 12/20

Other notables:

Northern Pintail: Saratoga CBC 12/20

Lesser Scaup: Southern Rensselaer CBC 12/22

Bald Eagle: Southern Rensselaer CBC 12/22; Tomhannock 12/25 (5); Hudson Crossing 12/26

Barred Owl: Argyle 12/25

American Kestrel: Saratoga CBC 12/20

Golden-crowned Kinglet: Hudson Crossing 12/26 (3)

Savannah Sparrow: Saratoga CBC 12/20 (2)

Pine Siskin: Southern Rensselaer CBC 12/22 (24)

Thanks to Ron Harrower (Saratoga County), John Hershey (Malta), Naomi Lloyd (Southern Rensselaer CBC), Steve Mesick (Saratoga CBC), Eric Molho (Malta), Scott Stoner (Malta) and Scott Varney (Hudson Crossing, Argyle)

Back to top
Date: 12/27/18 8:30 am
From: K O via Groups.Io <ksclemmy=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Standoff in the tree
I looked out my back window and noticed 2 huge somethings in my back tree and grabbed the binoculars. It was a Red-tailed hawk and a Great Horned Owl having a showdown. The hawk was about 3' above the owl and kept posturing and 'bobbing', the owl just watched. Then, after about 5 minutes, the hawk jumped down to the branch the owl was on, that did not go over well with the owl. He charged the hawk talons first and the chase through the woods was on. The owl was on the hawk's tail for as far as I could watch them. It was just so cool to see!

Back to top
Date: 12/26/18 5:06 pm
From: Scott Varney <scottvarney1968...>
Subject: [hmbirds] 3rd Winter Greater Black-backed Gull
While at Hudson Crossing today, I neglected to mention in my previous post
my complete bird list. Here it goes:

Common Merganser
Hooded Merganser
Mallard
Common Goldeneye
Canada Goose
Eastern Bluebird
American Robin
Greater Black-backed Gull
Bald Eagle
Red-tailed Hawk
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Mourning Dove
Blue Jay
Tufted Titmouse
Black-capped Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
Northern Cardinal
House Finch

Happy Birding,

Scott Varney
Salem, NY

Back to top
Date: 12/26/18 3:49 pm
From: Bernie & Chris Grossman <bgrossman...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Extralimital, But Truly Neat
Greetings from Northern Florida. It's been awhile since I've posted, but
we had an experience yesterday too good not to pass on to recent birding
buddies.

We were visiting friends in Naples FL, yesterday and walked out the
Naples Pier for the view. There is a kiosk at the end, and while
standing under it, I notice a large avian shadow pass over. I stepped
out to look at the roof where I spotted a Peregrine Falcon perched on
the roof peak. It was clutching a dead imm. Bonaparte's Gull. A crowd
gathered to watch the falcon tear into its prey. Suddenly, a piece broke
free of the body and rolled down the roof to drop into the crowd. It was
the gull's head. The crowd reaction was interesting.

Back to top
Date: 12/26/18 1:59 pm
From: Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Tomorrow's destination, 12/27
It's still CBC season, and I have to scout for my final count of the year. I plan to cover Knickerbocker Rd, then east to Schagticoke where the ice harbors gulls. If you'd like to join me, meet at the Mechanicville Price Chopper at 8am.

Naomi

Back to top
Date: 12/26/18 11:00 am
From: Scott Varney <scottvarney1968...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Hudson Crossing on 12/26/2018
In an effort to work off Christmas calories, I hiked the trails at Hudson
Crossing Park today. Highlights of the day included 3 Golden-crowned
Kinglets, a White-throated Sparrow feeding on Wild Grapes, and a juvenile
Bald Eagle. Saw a Barred Owl yesterday on West Road in Argyle (photo
enclosed).

Back to top
Date: 12/26/18 5:39 am
From: Naomi Lloyd via Groups.Io <naomi_kestrel=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Southern Rensselaer CBC results
The 53rd annual Southern Rensselaer CBC hit the streets, fields, and woods on December 22. Eight teams searched through weather that (despite some wet snow) was more pleasant than the last few years.

High numbers were, as usual, Canada Goose, American Crow, and European Starling. Not a lot of variety in waterfowl, mostly the usual winter ducks. Snyder's Lake often has a diverse group but this year only hosted a single Lesser Scaup, and a Mute Swan for count week. Despite the forecasted irruption, winter finches were in low numbers with only one feeder hosting Pine Siskins. And with no snow in fields, we found no Horned Larks or Snow Buntings.

Best bird of the day was certainly a Golden Eagle seen in company with several Bald Eagles, soaring over Poestenkill farm fields.

Thanks so much to all participants. I'll post a more detailed breakdown when Count Season is finally over (Saturday! One to go!).

Naomi

Back to top
Date: 12/26/18 5:31 am
From: Eric Molho via Groups.Io <molhoe=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Northern Shrike and Snowy Owl
Looked ok.
> On Dec 25, 2018, at 6:24 PM, <scottjstoner...> <scottjstoner...> wrote:
>
> not that I could see, Zach

Back to top
Date: 12/25/18 3:25 pm
From: zach schwartz-weinstein <zachsw...>
Good to hear. Hope it’s managed to extricate the wire safely and has been
successfully feeding itself.

--
Zach Schwartz-Weinstein
203 500 7774

Back to top
Date: 12/25/18 3:24 pm
From: scottjstoner via Groups.Io <ScottJStoner=<aol.com...>
not that I could see, Zach

-------- Original message --------From: "Eric Molho via Groups.Io" <molhoe=<yahoo.com...> Date: 12/25/18 12:27 PM (GMT-05:00) To: jhershey2 <hersheyj...> Cc: <hmbirds...> Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Northern Shrike and Snowy Owl

Date: 12/25/18 3:18 pm
From: Dan’s nycap <dleonard8...>
Subject: [hmbirds] 5 Bald Eagles on Ice — eBird -- Tomhannock Reservoir, southern parking area -- Dec 24, 2018
Tomhannock Reservoir, southern parking area
Dec 24, 2018
10:30 AM
Traveling
0.20 miles
1 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Drive by sighting
Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.8.2 Build 15

5 Bald Eagle -- All birds, some adult, some immature, standing on ice south of Rte. 7 causeway

Number of Taxa: 1

Sent from Dan’s iPhone

Back to top
Date: 12/25/18 11:58 am
From: zach schwartz-weinstein <zachsw...>

<aol.com...> wrote:

> Snowy owl still present around 2 PM on the roof of the animal hospital in
> good light.

Zach Schwartz-Weinstein
203 500 7774

Back to top

Date: 12/25/18 9:27 am
From: Eric Molho via Groups.Io <molhoe=<yahoo.com...>
Snowy owl was present at the animal hospital but no sight of the shrike late this morning
Eric
> On Dec 20, 2018, at 4:20 PM, jhershey2 <hersheyj...> wrote:
>
> Bill Lee showed me the NORTHERN SHRIKE around 3:00 pm at the end of the access road to the Emergency Medical Center and YMCA in Malta. It was moving from tree to tree frequently while we were looking north from the parking lot at the end. The SNOWY OWL was also present perched on the roof of the animal hospital at the next driveway to the west on Rt. 67.
>
> John H.

Back to top
Date: 12/24/18 8:45 am
From: Ronald Harrower <rharrower...>