Date: 4/28/24 1:59 pm
From: A Trice Berkley III <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Heaton Lake/Madlem's Marsh, Elkhart County, IN
23189 County Road 4, Elkhart, Indiana, US (41.74, -85.912) MADLEM'S MARSH HEATON LAKE, IN
Apr 28, 2024
4:07 PM
Traveling
0.30 miles
31 minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Clay Berkley and I parked at entrance and walked a short way up trail toward lake, then other trail to the East in the drier woods. Pine Warbler was a "lifer" for Clay. Always an excellent birding spot!

12 Canada Goose
3 Wood Duck -- Flushed from ponded area in woods
1 Great Blue Heron
1 Warbling Vireo
2 Tufted Titmouse
1 Carolina Wren
3 American Robin
5 American Goldfinch
4 White-throated Sparrow -- Near entrance, flushed
1 Song Sparrow
2 Swamp Sparrow -- Singing also. Nest here regularly.
9 Red-winged Blackbird
1 Yellow Warbler
1 Pine Warbler -- Seen in Madlem's Marsh, singing repeatedly, like a slow chipping sp. Merlin agreed with me. Mid way up tree over water.
2 Yellow-rumped Warbler
1 Scarlet Tanager -- Calling, singing male
5 Northern Cardinal

17 Species