Date: 4/27/24 8:30 pm
From: Bruce Mast via groups.io <cathrasher4...>
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Mount Diablo miscellaneous
Hello birders,
I spent today scouting for a Mount Diablo Hiking Big Day I'm doing
tomorrow, as part of Golden Gate Bird Alliance's spring Birdathon
fundraiser. I birded the morning in Castle Rock Recreational Rec Area and
the afternoon along Green Ranch Road. The highlight of my Castle Rock walk
was a Warbling Vireo singing its lungs out while sitting in its nest. (See
nest photo at https://ebird.org/checklist/S170573484). Migrants were scarce.

Hiking back from Green Ranch along the Oak Knoll trail, I ran into a small
mixed flock feasting on a termite hatch. The flock included 3 cute little
Chipping Sparrows. Overhead a cluster of 5 Vaux's Swifts flew in,
accompanied by a couple Violet-Green Swallows. Later at Rock City, I saw a
couple more Vaux's migrating with a small Violet-Green Swallow Flock.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S170641478

Bird on,

Bruce Mast
Oakland

PS, if you would like to support Golden Gate Bird Alliance and spur me on
tomorrow, please consider donating to my fundraising page at
https://charity.pledgeit.org/f/EPzPrjTh2i. Thank you!