Date: 4/26/24 12:23 pm
From: rosita94598 via groups.io <rosita94598...>
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] home and birding by computer
Rosita and I came home with Covid from an Alvaro's Adventures Hawaii trip with Mandy Talpas.  So I am mostly birding by computer now.  National Audubon Society, too bad for those of you who do not like this name, sent an email with a whole bunch of links to various stories.  One story is about Buntings and our own Aaron Maizlish has a photo there of an Orange-breasted Bunting.  See it in this link:  https://www.audubon.org/news/why-are-buntings-all-so-good  We bought a copy of a small White Tern book at Iolani Palace.  The author, Susan Scott, has a citation for Mark Rauzon in the bibliography.  Kind of cool to see local names in far away places.

Our chickadee family is feeding babies in the patio bird house, but has not yet found the meal worms I placed there.  They have been using the seed and peanut feeders.

If you have not been paying attention, the Peregrines in Berkeley have four chicks as of Wednesday:  Watch them here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nvCVS2TRRk  I have seen Mom(?) feed several times, but could not tell what the menu item was.

Hugh B. HarveyWalnut Creek