Date: 4/27/24 3:37 pm
From: Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker) via groups.io <feather...>
Subject: Re: [Mendobirds] Hummingbirds puzzle
On 2024-04-27 1:52 pm, Kitty & Creek Norris wrote:
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> We had about 50-60 hungry hummingbirds arrive around first week of
>> March.We had 6 feeders out, and were refilling them like busy
>> caterers.
>> They left, en masse, around 20-22 of April.
>> We normally spend Mid-March - October-ish catering to these little
>> ones, and this was a surprise.
>> What is happening at your places? Did they show up at yours?
>>
>> Kitty &Creek
>> SW of Willits

I had several at mine and they always disappear at the same time of year
- they are nesting, or have moved off to different areas for nesting
season. They will be back. This time of year they are hunting more
insects and are more interested in natural food sources for their
babies.

Hope this helps!

Lisa Walker-Roseman, Fort Bragg/Cleone

--