Date: 4/26/24 2:40 pm
From: <reports...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Braddock Bay (26 Apr 2024) 181 Raptors

Unknown Raptor 0 0 0
Short-eared Owl 0 1 1
Swainson's Hawk 0 1 1

Total: 181 38890 47010

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 15:30:00
Total observation time: 7.5 hours

Official Counter: David Brown

Observers: Bob Crandall, Kim Steininger, Vid Killius

Visitors:
12

Weather:
Sunny with moderate easterly winds. Chilly!

Raptor Observations:
A light but steady migration. Turkey Vultures were most numerous with 153.
Fourteen Sharp-shinned Hawks. One Peregrine Falcon. No Broad-winged Hawks.

Braddock Bay 2024 Daily Summaries Video Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8baxseGlb6tgpFvuDK4-aadMhx7wTfo

Non-raptor Observations:
Beatty Point: 2 Warbling Vireos
https://ebird.org/checklist/S170325422

Church Trail: Virginia Rail
https://ebird.org/checklist/S170329522

West Spit: Palm Warbler
https://ebird.org/checklist/S170335923

Hawk Watch: 2 Killdeer, 2 Bank Swallows, 5 Purple Martins, Brown Thrasher,
American Tree Sparrow, Rusty Blackbird
https://ebird.org/checklist/S170413537

New species for season: Warbling Vireo, Virginia Rail

Predictions:
Join us for Bird of Prey Days: https://www.bbrr.org/bird-of-prey-days/

TOMORROW: Cloudy with occasional rain in the afternoon. High 58F. Winds S
at 10-20mph. Good southerly winds. Gloomy conditions and rain may prevent a
raptor flight in the afternoon, so we'll hope conditions are good enough
for a flight in the morning. Hard to predict, but I would expect steady
migration until the afternoon rain.

SUNDAY: Cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 72F. Winds WSW at
10-20mph. A favorable wind direction at a good speed. Expect moderate to
good migration.

MONDAY: Mostly cloudy skies. High around 55F. Winds ENE at 10-15mph. Expect
light to moderate migration.
Report submitted by David Brown (<davidebrownpa...>)
Braddock Bay information may be found at:
http://www.bbrr.org/

More site information at hawkcount.org: https://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=353