Date: 4/25/24 12:13 pm
From: Kaaren Perry via groups.io <surfbird1...>
Subject: [slocobirding] Laughing Gull continues, Old Creek
The immature Laughing Gull was present again this morning at the mouth of Old Creek in Cayucos. 9:15 am. It was bathing in the creek outflow and eventually resting on the sand. Flew off to the south after about 20 minutes. A few more photos from today on ebird. https://ebird.org/checklist/S170251192

At Whale Rock Reservoir little later I had 4 Greater Scaup (2m, 2f). I also suspect having seen at least 2 Bicolored Blackbirds ssp. Seen from Cottontail Crk Rd moving about the reeds below the road.. The blackbirds showed no sign of pale border on the shoulder patch when observed with binoculars and later reviewing the zoomed photos taken.

Kaaren Perry
Morro Bay