Date: 4/24/24 10:34 pm
From: Aaron Polichar via groups.io <beldingsparrow...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Indigo Bunting returns to Bird and Butterfly Garden
Hi all,
One Wednesday, April 24, around 4:30 PM I heard some calls and song that I thought might be an Indigo Bunting, and Merlin identified them as such as well. It was around the shrubs near the drip at the Bird and Butterfly Garden in the Tijuana River Valley. I eventually saw the bird, but my camera battery was dead, so I got a crude photo with the 10x camera on my phone. I didn't see the Plumbeous Vireo. Lots of warblers around, including my first Black-throated Gray and Hermit Warblers for the year, and at least one Vaux's Swift.
Aaron PolicharScripps Ranch, San Diego

View/Reply Online (#15964): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/15964
The monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) are currently virtual, open only to members, at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month.

Two notable on-line resources are available for San Diego birders: the San Diego County Bird Atlas by Phil Unitt (2004) - http://sdplantatlas.org/BirdAtlas/BirdPages.aspx ; and an update of notable records for San Diego County (2002–present), compiled by Paul Lehman - https://bvaudubon.org/birding-resources/ .