Date: 4/23/24 9:45 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Janet Millenson funeral information
Janet was a long time participant in the C&O mid-Winter count. I asked her
once about the way she always ended her MD Birding posts with

[image: image.png]
and learned that it was a phrase that her pet parrot came out with but the
exact details of how the phrase was learned is in her message to me
somewhere on the Group archives and wasn't quickly found. Maybe someone
knows.

I was also curious about the "twocrows" in her e-address. Maybe someone
knows the story behind that. One theory is that it relates to the nursery
rhyme about Magpies repurposed for America:
One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,