Date: 4/23/24 3:48 pm
From: Phil Davis <pdavis...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Janet Millenson funeral information
MD Birders:

Sorry I am late with this ...

This is so sad.

Among many memories, Janet was a student of the history ornithology.
Many years ago I remember attending a presentation by her on the
history of ornithology at the Anne Arundel Bird Club. She started out
with Pliny the Elder and went from there. I loved it!

My wife and I also remember sharing her sadness when her long-time
pet African Gray Parrot, Pascal, passed away a number of years ago.
She was very close to him.

Janet also served as the MOS Publications Committee Chair and the
organization is indebted to her for first loading all of the Maryland
Birdlife issues, from 1945 to 2000, onto a CD-ROM that was
distributed to the members to provide digital access to the journal's archives.

We will very much miss Janet.

Phil

At 20:12 04/20/2024, 'Gemma Radko' via Maryland & DC Birding wrote:
>Hello all -
>
>So sorry to have to pass this along.
>
>Janet Millenson, a former president of MOS, a wonderful birder and
>an even more wonderful person, died yesterday after a long illness.
>
>Her funeral is tomorrow (Sunday, April 21) at 1:00 at the Garden of
>Remembrance in Clarksburg, Maryland.
>
>Her family (husband Herb, son David, and daughter-in-law Sai) will
>be sitting shiva and greeting friends tomorrow at 7:30 at her home,
>10500 Falls Road, Potomac, MD.
>
>A great loss to our birding community.
>
>Sent from my iPad

Phil Davis, Secretary