Date: 4/22/24 5:35 pm
From: Mike Carozza via groups.io <mike.carozza...>
Subject: [northbaybirds] Black-chinned, Nashville, Pleasant Hill Rd Sebastopol
Hi Birders,

Today as I sat on our porch on Pleasant Hill Road in Sebastopol, an adult
male BLACK-CHINNED HUMMINGBIRD buzzed past our feeder showing its
beautiful violet-colored gorget. I've never seen one in Northern
California, but it wasn't an Anna's because the gorget was so purple and
confined to the throat (which also rules out Costa's). Later, there was a
NASHVILLE WARBLER foraging and singing in a live oak down our hill from
that spot. A CHIPPING SPARROW and ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHERS also sang while
TREE SWALLOWS jockeyed with bluebirds for our nest boxes.

Happy Spring!

MC