Date: 4/21/24 5:45 pm
From: sgg.bluesfan <sgg.bluesfan...>
Subject: Busch CA Falken Oaks trail Swainsons Warbler? (According to Merlin

Hi all,

This morning I birded the Fallen Oaks trail from 7:30 am until 9. I go counter clockwise. On the back half maybe about two thirds on that side. While trying to get a visual on a calling Kentucky Warbler Merlin reported a Swainsons. I did not hear it myself but to be honest except learning it when going for it in Columbia 5 or so years ago I do not currently know the call, but today I did not hear a sound that was different when Merlin reported it.

We all have had the Merlin debates out here so interpret as you like, but since one or two were at Lost Valley a couple of years ago I am just throwing it out here if anyone is interested in checking it out. I did not put it on my Ebird list as there was not enough information for that.

After Busch I went to the Blue Grosbeak trail parking lot and went up the paved road to the right of the lot to get Prairie Warbler and picked up 4 of them. There were signs up that a couple of trails will have sections closed due heavy machinery. I saw from there to the building on the left at the end of the pavement on the right side they nuked about a third of the habitat. Everything gone and nothing but earth and wood shavings. Does anyone knows what is going on? I was glad to get the four Prairies but wonder what else they are going to take out.

Thanks,
Steve Griffaw
<Sgg.bluesfan...>
Jefferson City MO

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone

MBS Spring Meeting: May 3 – 5, 2024 at Stoney Creek Inn, St. Joseph, MO.
Details and registration: https://mobirds.org/MBS/NextMeeting.aspx

Join us on Facebook!