Date: 4/20/24 4:40 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Adams Farm - Athol MA (20 Apr 2024) 228 Raptors

Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 23:13:29 +0000
From: <reports...>
Subject: Adams Farm - Athol MA (20 Apr 2024) 228 Raptors

Merlin 0 10 12
Peregrine Falcon 0 0 1
Unknown Accipiter 0 4 4
Unknown Buteo 0 1 6
Unknown Falcon 0 2 2
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 3 34 38

Total: 228 1750 1894

Observation start time: 08:30:00 Observation end time: 15:45:00 Total
observation time: 7.25 hours

Official Counter: Eric Mueller, Mark Morris

Observers: Bob Michaud, Eric Mueller, Ernie Leblanc, Jack Miano,
Joanne Hart

Weather:
After early morning showers, clouds persisted until mid afternoon with
temps between 50-57’F. Winds were light and variable to start shifting to
light from the west 0 -15 mph with very good visibility after morning low
clouds.

Raptor Observations:
The passing cold front in the morning delayed migrant activity for the most
part until midday. Resting BW’s tried to get going early, but were having
trouble getting lift and were searching for it. We had a few small kettles
of 8,5,5. Osprey continue to pass north.

Local Raptors: TV-34, BE-4, RS-2, CH-4, RT-4, AK-1,OS-1, BV-2

Non-raptor Observations:
Other Birds Observed: B.H.Cowbird-1, Tree Swallow-5, Barn Swallow-1,
A.Goldfinch-6, D.Woodpecker-1, R.B.Woodpecker-1, C.Flicker-2,
D.C.Cormorant-1, R.Crossbill-8, G.B.Heron-3, A.Robin-14, N.Cardinal-2, Pine
Warbler-2, Song Sparrow-2, Starling-8, H.Sparrow-6, E.Towhee-1, B.Jay-4,
A.Crow-2, Raven-2, Fish Crow-2, E.Bluebird-1, M. Dove-2

Predictions:
Tomorrow’s weather looks promising as we are going to have moderate west
winds with increasing afternoon clouds to aid spotting.

Report submitted by Mark Morris (<MDMRemodeling...>)
Adams Farm - Athol MA information may be found at:
https://massbird.org/emhw/

More site information at hawkcount.org:
https://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=953

Join us on Facebook!