Date: 4/19/24 6:53 pm
From: Claudia Freitas via groups.io <cfreitas365...>
Subject: [slocobirding] Sparrows etc.
I still have one very bright White-crowned, one beautiful White-throated
and a host of Golden-crowned, most of which have bright gold crowns. I
have a couple that are still a bit brownish, grayish, barely gold on top.
Lots of Juncos. I saw a Lark sparrow a couple days ago.

This year we never saw a Fox sparrow but usually have at least one.

The weather up here at 1780’ is still going down to very low 40’s at night
with dense wet fog in the night and mornings. It does burn off but comes
back in late afternoon around 3 or 3:30.

Cliff swallows came as usual and repaired their many nests and got busy
laying eggs.

Claudia, in west Atascadero at 1700’ with a tiny view out to the ocean.