Date: 4/19/24 5:46 pm
From: Kaaren Perry via groups.io <surfbird1...>
Subject: [slocobirding] Wintering sparrow countdown, yard, Morro Bay
Well definitely getting close! As of today 4 Golden-crowned Sparrows and the single continuing White-throated Sparrow are still visiting daily. Last day here for our migratory species gambelii White-crowns to be seen was April 16.

Lucky you who live right along the coast and are treated to the songs and sights of our breeding non-migratory subspecies nuttalli White-crowns all spring. Saw and heard one belting out his song from a bush top at Sweet Springs this morning.

Kaaren Perry
Morro Bay
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaarenp/