Date: 4/19/24 1:04 pm
From: Cynthia Case via groups.io <case.cynthiak...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Maple Springs gate to forest just opened
Sorry about that.
Here’s what we found this morning:
The gate is open, but only 3 cars passed us in 2 hours. Very quiet!
Stream crossings 1-3 are slippery with moss and our waterproof hiking boots failed. Rubber boots probably would have been a better choice. Stream crossing 4 seemed too deep to cross without rubber boots, so we turned around there.
It was beautiful and sunny in the canyon.
The coffee at Silverado Market Cafe is really good and you don’t have to worry about spiders in the restroom.😊
Cynthia Case
Tustin