Date: 4/17/24 10:48 pm
From: eBird alert via groups.io <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Green-winged Teal (1 report)
- Western Cattle Egret (3 reports)
- Gray Flycatcher (2 reports)
- Summer Tanager (1 report)

Green-winged Teal (Anas crecca) (1)
- Reported Apr 17, 2024 11:19 by Jill Dale
- Santa Cruz Island--Prisoners Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.6821404&<ll...>,-119.6821404
- Comments: "One male green winged teal next to a male and female mallard. They took off abruptly - i got the 3 in flight not sure how pic will turn out - will check them when I get home. Brown head w distinctive large green swath behind the eye. Will add pic later no question what this bird was when I saw it w my bins in the sand"

Western Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Apr 17, 2024 09:33 by Linda Blue
- Goleta Slough Ecological Preserve - West of Areas L & M, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.85171&<ll...>,-119.85171
- Comments: "Continuing. Today it was in Area L & M."

Western Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Apr 17, 2024 09:33 by David Blue
- Goleta Slough Ecological Preserve - West of Areas L & M, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.85171&<ll...>,-119.85171
- Comments: "Continuing. Today it was in Area L & M."

Western Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Apr 17, 2024 10:01 by Jeff Young
- Goleta Slough Overview, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.850148&<ll...>,-119.850148
- Comments: "Recurring, north-east of police station on the far opposite bank at the maximum reach of my equipment, blurry but workable shot of record"

Gray Flycatcher (Empidonax wrightii) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Apr 17, 2024 06:40 by Guy Tingos
- Sedgwick Reserve (restricted access), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-120.0405478&<ll...>,-120.0405478
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Round-headed Empid with a conspicuous eyering and long, thin bill that was yellow below. Upper parts gray, underparts pale with yellow tinge towards belly. Long, thin tail and short primary projection. Phoebe-like movement of tail when perched with slow drop followed by rise. Photos. The bird flew off while being observed and was not refound."

Gray Flycatcher (Empidonax wrightii) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Apr 17, 2024 06:40 by Peter Schneekloth
- Sedgwick Reserve (restricted access), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-120.0405478&<ll...>,-120.0405478
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Round-headed Empid with a conspicuous eyering and long, thin bill that was yellow below. Upper parts gray, underparts pale with yellow tinge towards belly. Long, thin tail and short primary projection. Phoebe-like movement of tail when perched with slow drop followed by rise. Photos. The bird flew off while being observed and was not refound."

Summer Tanager (Piranga rubra) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Apr 17, 2024 11:06 by Alex Castelein
- Camino Corto Open Space and Del Sol Vernal Pool Preserve, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.8673469&<ll...>,-119.8673469
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Mostly yellowish tanager with some orange coming in. Bill was pretty large and looked cream-colored, at least from some angles. Not calling, but I got a ew mediocre photos. In the giant euc at the west end of the riparian area"

View/Reply Online (#37217): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/37217
Updated status and distribution of Santa Barbara County birds: http://www.sbcobirding.com/lehmanbosbc.html
For guides to birding eBird Hotspots in SB, see https://birdinghotspots.org/us/california/santa-barbara-county
-=-=-