Date: 4/14/24 7:40 pm
From: Dianne & Steve Kinder <000000023c9fba03-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Dunn Ranch update, Harrison County
I spent a few hours on a Beautiful April morning at Dunn Ranch, while the Bison grazed nearby, and Upland Sandpipers whistled. Watched the Sun come up over the open Praire. Pheasants were calling, and had my FOY Henslow's Sparrow singing. Eastern Meadowlarks and Savannah Sparrows were around in good numbers.

On a different note, it kind of broke my heart to watch a single male Praire Chicken dancing on what was the main booming ground, where we used to watch dozens of them. Can only hope things can be turned around for them there?

Later,
Steve Kinder
<dmkinder...>

MBS Spring Meeting: May 3 – 5, 2024 at Stoney Creek Inn, St. Joseph, MO.
Details and registration: https://mobirds.org/MBS/NextMeeting.aspx

Join us on Facebook!