Date: 4/13/24 8:53 pm
From: maliadances via groups.io <maliadances...>
Subject: Re: [pen-bird] Mysterious bird on Pillar Point Harbor
Hi BJ,
In the same spot as you noted per your map, there was an alternate plumaged Pacific Loon swimming close to shore near the breakwater. Seen around 5:45pm this evening. Here is an eBird checklist with my photos of the loon.https://ebird.org/checklist/S168501450
Cheers!Malia DeFelice

On Saturday, April 13, 2024 at 06:30:26 PM PDT, BJ Wishinsky <wishin...> wrote:

Apologies for the poor quality of the images, but we just happened to see this in passing. I didn't have my binoculars or a camera other than my iPhone 12 mini. These were taken at Pillar Point Inner Harbor, along the road to the boat launch. I've included a photo of where we saw the bird around 4:30pm today (Saturday April 13). We couldn't tell what it was but the markings seemed quite distinct from the usual black-and-white birds (loons, scoters, goldeneyes, buffleheads) we see there. Maybe someone else has seen it or will see it?

bj