Date: 4/13/24 5:50 pm
From: John Winebrenner <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Salamonie Reservoir
   Three members of Stockbridge Audubon Society enjoyed a very nice day of birding around Salamonie Reservoir today, finding a total of 52 species, including three species of Warblers and a few other goodies. Our biggest miss of the day, for a day spent around the water, was a Mallard - We didn't see one single Mallard!  Our best non-avian treat was a beautiful Red Fox laying out in a grassy field, just studying us for a while, until he decided to get up and wander into thicker cover.   Trip Leader: John Winebrenner
Canada Goose  25
Red-breasted Merganser  1
Wild Turkey  3
Pied-billed Grebe  2
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  1
Mourning Dove  4
Killdeer  10
Lesser Yellowlegs  1
Ring-billed Gull  5
American White Pelican  1    Lost Bridge East
Great Blue Heron  3
Turkey Vulture  35
Osprey  1
Bald Eagle  4
Red-tailed Hawk  2
Belted Kingfisher  1    Majenica Marsh
Red-headed Woodpecker  3
Red-bellied Woodpecker  3
Downy Woodpecker  2
Northern Flicker  5
American Kestrel  3
Peregrine Falcon  1    Flew over the Nature Center parking lot..
Eastern Phoebe  4
Blue Jay  6
American Crow  10
Carolina Chickadee  3
Tufted Titmouse  5
Horned Lark  3
Tree Swallow  10
White-breasted Nuthatch  4
Carolina Wren  2
European Starling  8
Eastern Bluebird  2
American Robin  12
House Sparrow  5
American Pipit  1    North side of 100S
House Finch  1
Purple Finch  1    Female, at Nature Center feeders
American Goldfinch  10
Chipping Sparrow  6
Field Sparrow  8
Dark-eyed Junco  3
White-throated Sparrow  4
Song Sparrow  3
Eastern Meadowlark  4
Red-winged Blackbird  50
Brown-headed Cowbird  25
Common Grackle  9
Louisiana Waterthrush  1    Salamonie State Forest picnic area
Yellow-rumped Warbler  1
Yellow-throated Warbler  1
Northern Cardinal  12
John WinebrennerFort Wayne