Date: 4/12/24 3:36 pm
From: Bettina Eastman <phenobee24...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Gray Flycatcher
I birded with a very nice birder from Florida today. I helped her find a few lifers along the coast. But, after dipping on some others, we decided to just bird the San Joaquin Marsh. Surprisingly, just after leaving the parking lot, we found a Gray Flycatcher (one of the lifers she was looking for) in the pollinators garden. It was calling quite a bit and was very active.

We also saw three Bonaparte’s Gulls in Pond 1, two of which were in breeding plumage. All-in-all a good day!!

Bird Every Moment,

Bettina Eastman
Huntington Beach