Date: 4/12/24 1:09 pm
From: Johan Langewis <jlangewis...>
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Leucistic Bald Eagle
On our GGBA bird walk at Valle Vista this morning we enjoyed views of a leucystic Bald Eagle eating a fish. The head, neck, and tail were white as in an adult, and most of the dark plumage was a very pale light brown, almost white. It was perched in a tree on the shore of the reservoir, across the water from the horse paddock. Also seen flying, it looked like a ghost. Photos will be posted on eBird later today, they were digiscoped so I apologize in advance for the poor quality.

Johan Langewis
Oakland