Date: 4/12/24 3:48 pm
From: Rosemary Johnson <compasros...>
Subject: [EBB-Sightings] Osprey nest at Pt Pinole
Yesterday there were two adult osprey and at least one in the nest. I first saw one flying on the north side of the peninsula and then later in the vicinity of the nest. The other adult was perched on a post adjacent to the nest then took off after the other adult in a Sw direction. I didn't have a scope so I'm not sure if there was another nestling. In past years there have been 2 but this year may be different. This nest has been used for a number of years. It is on the furthest tripod of posts from the old pier. It is easily visible from the newer concrete pier with binoculars. Rosemary Johnson Hercules Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone