Date: 4/10/24 8:58 am
From: Vic Fondy <treasurecreek...>
Subject: [sd-birds] West River Migration Count
The annual West River Migration Count (WRMC) dates are May 10-13, 2024
and I will be coordinating the count. Similar to the Audubon Christmas
Bird count, the WRMC is conducted during the second week of May to count
both species and numbers of birds migrating thru West South Dakota.  The
WRMC is conducted by counties.  During the four day period, volunteers
in Western SD from the Nebraska border to the North Dakota border will
count migrating birds arriving or passing thru South Dakota.

County coordinators for 2024 will be Charlie Miller-Harding, Jocie
Baker-Pennington, and Vic Fondy Butte and Lawrence.
Coordinators/participants are needed for  Custer and Fall River
counties.  Please let me know if you can participate in those counties.
Forms and further information will be passed out closer to the count dates.

Vic Fondy, Coordinator WRMC 605.269.2553  or <treasurecreek...>