Date: 4/7/24 10:03 am
From: Gregory Hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Pine Siskins in Litchfield
This morning there was a large and noisy mixed flock of Pine Siskins and
American Goldfinches at the entrance to Little Pond at White Memorial
Foundation in Litchfield. It was impossible to get a very precise count
because they were very active high in the trees, but 20 of each seemed
reasonable. Also present were a singing Brown Creeper and at least one
singing Purple Finch.

There weren't many waterfowl on the pond, but I got lucky when an adult
male Blue-winged Teal flew by me low up the Bantam River as I stood on
Sutton's Bridge.

On the ride from Waterbury through Watertown and Morris I encountered 4
different American Kestrels on wires in likely breeding spots.

Greg Hanisek

To subscribe or unsubscribe via email, send an email with just "join" or "leave" in the subject or body to: <ctbirds-request...>