Date: 4/7/24 9:13 am
From: John Winebrenner <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Eagle Marsh - Allen County
   We had four participants on our Stockbridge Audubon field trip to the west end of Eagle Marsh last evening. The weather was very nice for a walk in the marsh, better than it has been for the past week or so, and the frogs were singing as loud as they possibly could! We compiled the following list of 33 species, including thirteen species of waterfowl.   Trip leader: John Winebrenner
Canada Goose  18
Mute Swan  10
Wood Duck  2
Blue-winged Teal  8
Northern Shoveler  2
Gadwall  4
American Wigeon  4
Mallard  16
Green-winged Teal  2
Redhead  4
Ring-necked Duck  28
Lesser Scaup  8
Ruddy Duck  6
Pied-billed Grebe  2
Mourning Dove  2
American Coot  135
Sandhill Crane  1
Wilson's Snipe  1
Double-crested Cormorant  2
Great Blue Heron  25
Turkey Vulture  2
Cooper's Hawk  1
Bald Eagle  3
Red-shouldered Hawk  1    A nice adult bird that perched near us twice, once for a front view and once for a back view!
Tree Swallow  35
American Robin  3
House Sparrow  3
American Goldfinch  2