Date: 5/26/24 2:42 pm
From: Luca de Alfaro via groups.io <luucaa...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Lazuli Buntings at Joseph Grant
I am sorry for the autocorrect; I think it's obvious but:

Trains --> Trails
Ann was there yesterday from *her* report (this was my mistake).
Luca

On Sun, May 26, 2024 at 2:36 PM Luca de Alfaro via groups.io <luucaa=
<gmail.com...> wrote:

> Yesterday I did a big mountain biking + birdwatching tour at Joseph grant
> , and *Lazuli Buntings *were all over the place. I saw 3 pairs (so 6
> individuals) and heard several more. The two most accessible of those I
> saw were at the train junction at 37.32436, -121.69880 between Hotel and
> Corral Trains.
>
> I also saw 3 *Bullock's Orioles, *and several *Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers. *
> One of them was harassing a Scrub Jay (at one nest site), and another an *American
> Kestrel *(yes, really; the Kestrel flew away).
>
> Checklist for gate crossing: https://ebird.org/checklist/S177358523 (with
> photos)
> Checklist for Kestrel vs Gnatcatcher faceoff:
> https://ebird.org/checklist/S177360311 (with photos)
>
> I saw that Ann was there yesterday from my report, maybe we crossed in the
> parking lot!
> It was great to see so many birdwatchers out there! It is a fabulous time
> for birding in Joseph Grant.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luca

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
View/Reply Online (#28266): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/28266
-=-=-
South Bay Birds is maintained by the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society (https://scvas.org) and its volunteers.
Our website, https://scvas.org/siliconvalleybirding, contains content guidelines, the SBB code of conduct, and additional information.

Do not disclose information that identifies the location of nesting birds of any species, to minimize stress on the nesting birds and the risk of vandalism or abuse.

Birding events in and near Santa Clara County: https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds-events/ .
Discussions: Facebook group Santa Clara County Birding (https://www.facebook.com/groups/110996713065201/) and a Discord Server (https://discord.gg/NteQSY3Tn8).
SCVAS self-guided field trips, maps and descriptions: https://scvas.org/self-guided-field-trips
SCVAS Salt Pond Map: https://scvas.org/salt-ponds-of-santa-clara-county