Date: 5/18/24 7:35 am
Subject: RE: [External] Re: Night vision bins?
I'm sure that folks who are spotlighting for owls and other nocturnal species are doing so ethically, so I won't go too far down that path. For thermal or infrared options, these can get pricey pretty quickly, especially for something with good picture/video clarity. Most of the higher quality ones are $1500+. For a cheaper alternative, you might consider the Xinfrared T2 Pro, at around $400 (great for the budding hobbyist, and plugs into your phone's charging port). There are obviously limitations to a product like this, but it may help you locate your local owl.

Ed Corey
Inventory Biologist
NC Division of Parks and Recreation
NC Department of Natural and Cultural Resources

Office: 919-841-4037
Mobile: 919-208-7864
<Ed.Corey...>
Yorkshire Center
12700 Bayleaf Church Road
Raleigh, NC 27614
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn
Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.