Date: 5/15/24 3:21 pm
From: Eve Meier via groups.io <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] SCVAS Field Trip to Santa Teresa County Park
Hi Everyone!

Edward Rooks and I led a field trip to Santa Teresa County Park this
morning. We had an unexpected *Western Wood Pewee* low in a eucalyptus
tree, great views of *Lazuli Buntings* on the Hidden Springs Trail just
before it starts the steep climb, and great views of several *Rufous-crowned
Sparrows* at the intersection of the Rocky Ridge and Mine Trails. *Grasshopper
Sparrows* were heard only on the hillside behind the bathrooms. Other birds
seen were *American Kestrels*, *Western Kingbirds*, a *Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher* and *Ash-throated Flycatchers.*

We were also joined by Amanda Newlove who is the nest box monitor for the
area. She graciously shared her experiences and photos with us.

Here's the ebird list: https://ebird.org/checklist/S174729607

Happy birding!
Eve Meier (San Jose)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
View/Reply Online (#28243): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/28243
-=-=-
South Bay Birds is maintained by the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society (https://scvas.org) and its volunteers.
Our website, https://scvas.org/siliconvalleybirding, contains content guidelines, the SBB code of conduct, and additional information.

Do not disclose information that identifies the location of nesting birds of any species, to minimize stress on the nesting birds and the risk of vandalism or abuse.

Birding events in and near Santa Clara County: https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds-events/ .
Discussions: Facebook group Santa Clara County Birding (https://www.facebook.com/groups/110996713065201/) and a Discord Server (https://discord.gg/NteQSY3Tn8).
SCVAS self-guided field trips, maps and descriptions: https://scvas.org/self-guided-field-trips
SCVAS Salt Pond Map: https://scvas.org/salt-ponds-of-santa-clara-county