Date: 5/15/24 11:28 am
Subject: Chapel Hill Bird Club Meeting – 5/20 – Birds of Taiwan — David and Judy Smith
The Chapel Hill Bird Club is holding its monthly meeting on Monday, May 20th
at 7:30 p.m. This meeting will be in-person with a Zoom option available –
registration link below. Come at 7:15 for refreshments. Location is the
lounge in Olin T. Binkley Baptist Church, 1712 Willow Drive, Chapel Hill, NC.

Taiwan (Republic of China) is a prosperous, friendly island nation located
about 100 miles from its larger neighbor on the mainland. Political issues
aside, it’s an easy country to visit, and the thirty-one endemic bird species
were a big attraction for our long-time members David and Judy Smith, who
spent almost two weeks there in 2023. Join them for a tour of Taiwan’s birds
and sights and our last meeting of the season.

The Bird Club will also hold elections for next season’s officers during the
May meeting.

In addition, this will be your chance to ask “Ask Kent” anything about eBird.
Kent Fiala will answer one eBird question, to be drawn from a hat. Come
prepared to submit a question. Zoom attendees will also have the opportunity
to submit a question in the Chatbox.

Register in advance for this meeting:

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcrd-qhrjIvH91j3mCjRuo8QUiDviP7YE-5

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Best regards,

Roger Shaw
<roger.w.shaw...>