Date: 5/13/24 5:03 pm
From: Ryan L. via groups.io <ryanbirding...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Cedar Waxwings
This week I’ve had a large flock of Cedar Waxwings in my front yard. I have a mulberry tree that makes an awful mess on the sidewalk and the street and anyone who dares park underneath it. But it also brings a number of fun birds like the Waxwings. Today I watched one arrive at the top of the tree on a bare branch. After a minute, it started calling and the rest of the flock joined. They don’t always stay long, often darting to the maple tree next door. It’s so much fun to see these beautiful birds all day long.

While watching the waxwings this afternoon I saw House Finches, California Towhee, Black Phoebe, and a Red-tailed Hawk high overhead.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
View/Reply Online (#28242): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/28242
-=-=-
South Bay Birds is maintained by the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society (https://scvas.org) and its volunteers.
Our website, https://scvas.org/siliconvalleybirding, contains content guidelines, the SBB code of conduct, and additional information.

Do not disclose information that identifies the location of nesting birds of any species, to minimize stress on the nesting birds and the risk of vandalism or abuse.

Birding events in and near Santa Clara County: https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds-events/ .
Discussions: Facebook group Santa Clara County Birding (https://www.facebook.com/groups/110996713065201/) and a Discord Server (https://discord.gg/NteQSY3Tn8).
SCVAS self-guided field trips, maps and descriptions: https://scvas.org/self-guided-field-trips
SCVAS Salt Pond Map: https://scvas.org/salt-ponds-of-santa-clara-county